top gun - hard lock 

TMNT - mutant in manhattan

Short Peace Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day

iron sky - invasion 

days of thunder 

birds of steel 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GunfighterHefty said:

Uhh, wow. This one hasn't crossed my radar ever. Did it ever exist digitally? That's out there, man. 

Thankfully no... as far as I know the digital store has been spared the horror.

Edited by Letenko22
  • Like 1

I’ve bought a few rare ps3 games lately myself 

3D Dot Game Heroes - cute little game and unabashedly a old school Zelda like game.

El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron - Unique visual style but personally I found awful. Story and characters is as exciting as watching paint dry. You basically fight the same 3 enemies in a Rock Paper Scissors format with only 3 weapons. The combat is shallow and the plat forming is absolutely terrible. 

Splatterhouse - A beat em up that is pretty average but fun despite the game being broken. Game had a rough development and it really shows with texture pop ins, screen tearing, frame drops and etc. Combat though is still fun and I found more engaging than El Shaddai. Game is pretty expensive these days.

• Like 1

Maybe not that rare in terms of value, but I personally want to pick up one of the blue label PS3 games at some point! Will most likely be Lego Hobbit as it looks like the easiest platinum lol.

AFAIK, these were only NA  releases, so getting these in EU or other regions would be something to look for on Ebay etc.

isn't my pic below but I believe this is the full collection of games that had the blue label on them.

6e77xeup2d071.jpg?auto=webp&s=883c55b5f5

• Like 1

any game based on a movie. the game blood drive was barely pushed in stores at all. its a twisted metal rip off. but i recall before flash sales i would look for disc sales and i rarely ever seen that game anywhere. prob only twice. im sure you can prob find it online easy enough but i know for sure the qty they put out had to be very small compared to most games. also when i bought blood drive, the gamestop employee actually said "oh you dont want to buy that game, its horrible" and we all know how much gamestop employees are trained to say the opposite. unless he was trying to use reverse psychology lol. battleship i think it was called? based after the movie, is a game i only seen once in stores and so i bought it. duck dynasty they made for ps3 and ps4 but i only saw them both once at the same store and bought them both

16 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Jurassic: The Hunted isn't hard to find but the prices vary wildly from £8 - £100, depending on the seller, shipping costs and the condition. Also, the English Localized Asia version of Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories is obscenely rare and expensive due to an incredibly low initial print run - the JP only version is very common and pretty cheap but other one....good luck finding a copy that doesn't cost your life savings.

jurassic hunted was a great game btw if i recall. somewhat low budget but a good dino shooter at the time back in the day it was pretty cheap

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, groomyboy said:

Maybe not that rare in terms of value, but I personally want to pick up one of the blue label PS3 games at some point! Will most likely be Lego Hobbit as it looks like the easiest platinum lol.

AFAIK, these were only NA  releases, so getting these in EU or other regions would be something to look for on Ebay etc.

isn't my pic below but I believe this is the full collection of games that had the blue label on them.

6e77xeup2d071.jpg?auto=webp&s=883c55b5f5

These look horrible on a shelf next to the other PS3 games, even compared to the already split PS3 spine covers. I don't know what Sony was thinking but at least they didn't bring this to PAL regions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Letenko22 said:

These look horrible on a shelf next to the other PS3 games, even compared to the already split PS3 spine covers. I don't know what Sony was thinking but at least they didn't bring this to PAL regions.

Luckily all of these ugly ass games can be collected with the normal black border, so if you don't want them there is a way around it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Luckily all of these ugly ass games can be collected with the normal black border, so if you don't want them there is a way around it.

Every single US copy of these games that I saw had the blue label. You can get the PAL/EU versions which thankfully have the black label, but some games weren't release in EU regions like Drakengard 3 (unless you count the collector's edition that didn't include a disc) or MLB The Show.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Letenko22 said:

Every single US copy of these games that I saw had the blue label. You can get the PAL/EU versions which thankfully have the black label, but some games weren't release in EU regions like Drakengard 3 (unless you count the collector's edition that didn't include a disc) or MLB The Show.

Correct, but the southeast asia english version of those games have the black label. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Letenko22 said:

Apparently it was bring it more in line with the PS4, and VITA games. I agree it's a bad design choice, but I quite like picking up the different variants, e.g. essentials, greatest hits, platinum versions etc, so just one of these ones would be cool for my own collection.

I agree though if you had a neat collection of loads of black label PS3 games, then these would stick out like a sore thumb. I have mine in alphabetical order, but I'm not concerned about it all looking the same.

I guess I like the variants because one of my favourite games when I was younger was Sonic Heroes as the Platinum version, and I just like the distinction of these from their original copy. 

• Like 1

No More Heroes: Heroe's Paradise

Asura's Wrath

Splatterhouse

Bleach Soul Resurrecion

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle

Hatsune Miku Project Diva F and F 2nd

I think Silent Hill Downpour and Homecoming are pretty rare

Edited by darkknightdevil2
added a game to the list
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Dreggit said:

If you want something truly rare, you could try to find this lost media シェリル・ノーム超時空ヴァーチャルクリップ~射手座☆午後九時. As best as anyone knows, it was to release at an anniversary concert event, but was canceled due to a Tsunami or some other natural disaster at the time. However, at least 3 copies exist out there somewhere, but it has become lost media.

the global rarity says there's at least 7 ish copies or at least people that have it. There's also games like aero-cross and nba jam which have similar circumstances.

On 09/07/2022 at 1:39 PM, the_sultan999 said:

so as the title suggested i'm invested in collecting delisted from the ps store games, hard-to-find games, and physical release-only games

Hey me too! I have an about me full of a handful of delisted games i've collected over the last couple years. not to mention a list of about 70 other game titles that have been delisted from the PS4 store over the years that ive been made aware of at least, which I could post here if you want. (just don't want to post a big wall of unwarranted spam)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

the global rarity says there's at least 7 ish copies or at least people that have it. There's also games like aero-cross and nba jam which have similar circumstances.

Hey me too! I have an about me full of a handful of delisted games i've collected over the last couple years. not to mention a list of about 70 other game titles that have been delisted from the PS4 store over the years that ive been made aware of at least, which I could post here if you want. (just don't want to post a big wall of unwarranted spam)

you got me hooked please show them here i don't mind or post a word/note pad file of the games that got delisted, 

19 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The JP version of 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand is rare and fairly pricey, because it's the only one that has trophies but do note the servers closed down a few years back so the Plat is impossible :(.

i was aware of this too but since the plat is impossible i'll just let this game die out  shame though i remember playing it on the 360 and loving it

23 hours ago, fbdbh said:

Not the rarest, but to have all PS3 Suda51 games is pretty neat: Killer is Dead, No More Heroes, Lollipop Chainsaw, Shadows of the Damned

you're right specially lollipop chainsaw it's going for 100$ now after the recent remake rumors...

511lqun-UWL.jpg

i have also put down on my list this very interesting udraw gametablet device although it only has 2 or 3 games but it's still very interesting for games that require specific hardware kind of like the Skylanders games and Disney infinity etc..

i enjoyed downpour, alot of people hated it. i think it may of been a bit glitchy if i recall. lollipop chainsaw is a pretty good game but some of those trophies were really challenging imo. one thing i hated about that game is the grain filter they put on the screen. i guess they wanted it to look more like a old comic but its not needed and there should of been a option to turn it off. chicks also liked that game alot at the time. if they remake it i hope they get rid of the grain filter. if its really selling for $100 i'll prob sell my copy lol

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 10:52 AM, Letenko22 said:

Can confirm at least for PAL rambo it's the black label and a little pricey. 

YQtlU1c.jpg

One game I have and I believe is quite rare since there isn't a lot of info about is Derby Time Online.

pFyV51y.jpg

• Like 1