RUMOR: The Legend of Dragoon coming to PS Premium

LegendExeter

Most definitely excited for any classic rpgs getting trophy support. It makes me go back to platinum them, out of respect for the hours logged into them growing up.  Legend of Dragoon is most definitely one of them, but I have to see it to believe it. I'm STILL waiting on the Legend of Legaia 2 Dual Saga to be up, when they mentioned it over 5-6 years ago

• Like 3

https://www.psu.com/news/rumor-the-legend-of-dragoon-coming-to-ps-plus-premium-with-trophies/

Sony looks set to add PSOne classic The Legend of Dragoon to PS Plus Premium complete with Trophy support, according to the latest Internet gossip.

Speculation has been doing the rounds ever since Shuhei Yoshida, former president of Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios (SIE WWS), retweeted a message from Dennis Martin, the composer of The Legend of Dragoon, suggesting confirmation is imminent.

OOOOOOMMMFFFGGGG!!!! If this turns out to be true, this  ALONE will make me upgrade my PS+ Subscription!!!! 
Edited by kidson2004
  • Like 3

Hope it's true, it's an awesome game, this gives me hope for Breath of Fire 3 and 4 which are my favorite JRPG ever, also hope they add a trophy in Dragoon for collecting all stardust, when I was a teen I always wondered how on earth would anyone find all of them without a guide.

Edited by Sunnyburrito

Well if I can buy this separately like the other PS1 games, then great (don't have Premium). I never played this...so I'm insanely curious why people love it so much. This is one of those games I heard no one ever talk about in the actual PS1 days, but nowadays it's like top 3 of games people reminisce about with the original PlayStation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Well if I can buy this separately like the other PS1 games, then great (don't have Premium). I never played this...so I'm insanely curious why people love it so much. This is one of those games I heard no one ever talk about in the actual PS1 days, but nowadays it's like top 3 of games people reminisce about with the original PlayStation. 

It's a bit of a weird one- you can tell it was Sony's attempt at cashing in on the FFVII hype, it has a decent budget and sense of scale, though I wouldn't put it quite on the same level as those games. Definitely worth a playthrough but expect certain elements to drag (it takes FAR too long to make money in that game for example)

This feels more like largely baseless speculation than a rumor to be honest. Could definitely happen though since it is a Sony game and it is on PSN for PS3, PSP and Vita.

I think this would need more than trophies to be made into a good game. Nothing really holds up about it, nor was it a great game to begin with tbh. It had some decent ideas in story, world building and combat but the execution  was just not good. Exploration and dungeon design was always bad and the lack of world map breaks the spell on it feeling like some grand adventure.

I wouldn't mind seeing a sort of FF7R remake for it but in its current form it's just not a good game.

On 8/9/2022 at 0:59 PM, LegendExeter said:

I seen this article come up on Google this morning, anyone heard anything about this?  Trophies with Legend of Dragoon, anyone excited or just me?

https://www.(URL not allowed)/n21667/the-legend-of-dragoon-ps-plus

I wish it were just you that felt excitement.

Legend of Dragoon is a great candidate for a full remake, though. There is (maybe) a good story concept, but it’s crippled by terrible localization, putridly slow gameplay, and some of the worst battle transition load times I’ve ever seen. 

I can list so many things I hate about this game, but I don’t want to sink the thread too much, so I’ll simply end by saying that if this rumor pans out, I hope people, are excited get what they want from it.

I still have my ps1 version in very very good condition, case is slightly cracked. 

If they drop this for the PS5  prem. Sub. Or hell even offer it alone as a purchase, to own w.o needing the excessively spendy premium sub.

I'll grab it one way or another,. LOD is one of my top 5 if not top 3 fave ps1 titles.

• Like 1