Do you care about obtaining all trophies in a game that doesn't have a platinum trophy?

Drako-play

While getting a plat is amazing, it’s not the point. At least not me for me.
The core of gaming is to have fun and enjoy what you’re playing whether it’s alone or with someone else. Trophy hunting is a fun addition and helps you explore parts of the game you’d probably never explore or see in a normal playthrough. Plus working towards something other than just reaching the end of a game gives you more of a drive to play and explore more of a said game.

So as long I enjoy a game, I’ll definitely try to get as many trophies as I can whether it has a plat or not.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

A great list, and totally indicative of how a platinum is not the hallmark of a great game!

To which I'll add:

Griftlands

Statik: Institute of Technology

Observation

Stories Untold

The Touryst

The Pedestrian

Quantum Conundrum

Little Nightmares

Papers Please

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Grow Home

Gone Home

Dear Esther

SOMA

Octodad

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris 

The Unfinished Swan

Counterspy

Murusaki Baby

Sportsfriends

The Swapper

Stick It to the Man

Machinarium

Proteus

Rain

Castle Crashers

Escape Plan

Braid

Shatter

Limbo 

Stacking 

Critter Crunch

The Sam and Max games...

... Plus, of course, Hitman and Hitman 2 1f602.png

I have played and 100% some of those you have mentioned also. I just didn't list them all out. I have some of them also but haven't played them yet. Great list of games.

I'll add the Monkey Island games also. I liked them.

• Like 1

Never played a game without one, but I do have a list without a Plat, Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Its a small list with extra trophies for the trilogy and I really dislike it, but mostly because it throws off the actual game count vs the fact that it doesnt have a Platinum.

I find a lot of 100% only titles these days to be more respectful than a lot of platinums. 

Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 (not counting the PS3 re-release of the old Hitman 2) don’t have a platinum, but are regarded as great stealth games by those who play them. 

Sonic Mania took a lot of work to earn all its trophies. 

If the shovelware games didn’t have a platinum, they wouldn’t generate as much of a profit.

• Like 2

I have no games without plats, but am definitely missing out by not playing skyforce anniversary, bloodstained curse of the moon, outlast.. many others aswel. i do think about playing them on another acct but ultimately i have such a big backlog whats the point.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

Yep! Of course, I always prefer when games do have a platinum, but the completionist curse will compel me to go for it either way. Plenty of marvelous games lack a platinum, too, as already discussed by others above. Getting the full experience with stuff like Brothers and Limbo was absolutely worthwhile.

• Like 1

I'm gonna sound like an old man here but there was a time not long ago when people played and beat games and the only reward for that was having the satisfaction of knowing you did lol. There's a lot of great games that don't have plats and for me personally I'm not missing out on a potentially awesome game simply because it doesn't have a plat. :dunno: