PS5 Games Not on PS4

ChiefMichigan

Hello all,

I just got a PS5 recently and I wondered if there was a list on this site or somewhere else of PS5 games not on PS4.

I'm well aware of the true exclusives to PS5

• Astro's Playroom
  • Demon's Souls (2020)
  • Destruction AllStars
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Returnal

I know there are some other titles out there that at the very least aren't on PS4, but like I said I don't know where to find that list. 

• Like 1

I'm looking for a list too, but here are some current gen only games I could think of:

- The Medium

- Deathloop 

- Ghostwire Tokyo

- Gotham Knights

- A Plague Tale Requiem 

- Hell Let Loose 

This generation is pretty slow when it comes to current gen only games ngl.

edit: I found a thread on neogaf titled "A Comprehensive List of Next-Gen Only Titles" (idk if its allowed to post links from another forum site so google the title instead lol)

Edited by deeps_rj
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, mataningo said:

Check the game information on the game/store page and look for the Dualsense trigger effects, those are real PS5 games.

that means nothing, PS4 games can get PS5 versions with those features, I think what he's asking is for PS5 games that don't have PS4 versions

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Well, yes, because that list is nowhere near complete.

Feel free to add to it then. The lists in the first two posts look borderline complete to me in terms of major-ish releases. 

I guess if one really wants then they can add The Last of Us Part I but that's mostly a facelift. 

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Well, yes, because that list is nowhere near complete.

Wont be much bigger

33 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

I'm still waiting for it to stop being a glorified PS4 Pro 

Its really really not. The exclusives arnt great atm (same probs happened with the other gens) but this console is a triumph in so many ways.

Edited by dannyswfc9

2 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

I'm still waiting for it to stop being a glorified PS4 Pro 

Yeah, I definitely get this. A bit annoyed that the newer stuff is catering to the PS4 (did PS4 do this with the PS3?)
Demon's Souls by itself was a good enough reason, and the faster loading of PS4 games. Gf on PS4, myself on PS5 playing Monster Hunter, we could both complete the mission, and I could get back, do all the handing in etc and start up a new mission and she wouldn't even be back at base yet.

why not just Google it, probably get a better list.

Gotham Knights isnt on ps4.

28 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Unless you expect game developers to publish all their games on PS4 for the next 6 years, yes it fucking will.

i legit wish GoW would be the last ps4 game sony does and theyd make devs have to put everything PS5 only and if it's multiplat then add Xbox.

But last gen needs to end. We can't see the consoles in their full potential if last gen is still being supported 

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Unless you expect game developers to publish all their games on PS4 for the next 6 years, yes it fucking will.

Oh sorry i thought this was a thread about a list of ps5 exclusive games at the present time. I recon its pretty impossible to name games that arnt even in development yet.

Oh ye and whats with all the anger

On 10/23/2022 at 11:26 PM, deeps_rj said:

I'm looking for a list too, but here are some current gen only games I could think of:

- The Medium

- Deathloop 

- Ghostwire Tokyo

- Gotham Knights

- A Plague Tale Requiem 

- Hell Let Loose 

This generation is pretty slow when it comes to current gen only games ngl.

edit: I found a thread on neogaf titled "A Comprehensive List of Next-Gen Only Titles" (idk if its allowed to post links from another forum site so google the title instead lol)

Lol, I've gone back to the PS4 Pro and sticking with it.

However we have a 3rd party controller arriving in December, I hope it's nothing like the current one.

• 3 weeks later...

Finger Fitness Is The PlayStation 5's Weirdest Exclusive Yet (press-start.com.au)

A super-cheap PS5 true exclusive. We'll probably see at least a handful more like this. With the PS4, there are a few dozen games I think (or more) that don't show up on the Wikipedia list of PS4 exclusives because they're so simple and obscure, or outright shovel ware. 

Goonya Fighter Trophies • PSNProfiles.com

Not on any other PlayStation and it has DualSense exclusive features.