Trophy Thoughts?

GothGirlMaxine

1 hour ago, DragonSpear2462 said:

I'd suggest not reading this list if you wanna avoid spoilers. especially for the bosses. 

Nothing is missable apparently, so I'll be going in this blind!

I essentially skimmed the bosses there. I did see at least Thor and Odin, who I figured you'd have to fight. Saw others which were a surprise, but at the same time, no surprise there either. But it looks like a lot of boss battles, which is nice.

I actually only saw the first trailer for the game and that was it. Haven't seen any others, as I wanted to keep myself some more in the dark on what the game was all about.

But I'm glad that again, no difficulty trophies, so I can play the game however I want to. Can't wait until tomorrow to play it. Will be preordering it a bit later on today when I get paid,

• Like 1

By now it can't be a conspiracy that Sony sent an internal email to all of their first-party studios to make easy easy platinum trophies. 

Trophies have always helped games sell better than games without trophies. And now we have sequels of games being so much easier to plat than games found on the PS3 and PS4.

A clear sign of this is looking at The Last of Us for PS3/PS4 and the remake for Last of Us Part 1 and comparing their trophy lists. GoW 1-3 and the remake and now Rag, Horizon 1 compared to Horizon 2. All of the newer games are easier to get the plat for than the older ones.

If Sony wants to just give away plats that's fine, but it would be nice to have some kind of skill behind them to make it feel more rewarding and something earned instead of something just given away to anyone who spent 70 dollars. 

I imagine we'll see all of the PSVR2 plats really easy to get to help push the $550 cost.

Also can we finally stop with New Game + tacked on a month after the game is out and extra trophies attached to them as well?

That has to be from Sony to boost their stats to show investors that gamers are spending more time in the games that cost millions to make.

Edited by MrPhrips
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

No difficulty trophies this time, which will please some but not others. Who's ready for Ragnarok?

God of War: Norse Life also didn't have ant difficulty related trophies. Just the games from Kratos' time in Greece. I think, regardless, it is going to be an enjoyable game to play and I think it's great it has (probably considering all the GoW do) different difficulties for those who want to go at it for chill pace and those who want hardcore challenge. Story seems to be even better than the last and I think that's the best part.

2 hours ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Another kiddie plat from Sony. 

They should reconsider though. Not all people finish games, so maybe every plat in games they release from now on should be obtainable in let's say half the story?

1 hour ago, Karnacharya said:

Eye-roll GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Maybe you can just enjoy a thoughtfully written, well-crafted game without casting aspersions on how other people collect trophies? That, or you can silently snicker to yourself when Sony inevitably adds New Game+/difficulty-specific trophies like they have for several of their other games (Horizon, Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us, etc.) and pisses people off anyway?

Either way, grow up. 

I mean, it was pretty funny, why did you have to ruin it? I swear people are sensitive these days.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 2

Just now, Karnacharya said:

Gatekeeping is shitty behavior, regardless of whether you find it funny or not. Online communities should be welcoming places, especially for niche hobbies like trophy hunting. There's plenty of stress and judgement out there in the real world, so there's no need for that nonsense here. 

Also, if the integrity of a statement is so fragile that a single comment from an internet rando can "ruin" it, then maybe it's not something worth defending in the first place. 1f914.png

Yeah, I knew I should have put ruin into quotes, but you get my point. I've seen a lot of shitty behavior on this site, and I do not consider this being one of them. I wouldn't find shitty behavior funny, anyway. So, let's agree to disagree and move on.

1 hour ago, Patrickosan said:

Nah, it wasn't it. The one I was missing was in Prison, it was just lying in the ground and it was white item on a snow... Be cautious when you get there ?

1 hour ago, Mr_Aufziehvogel said:

Hey thanks dude. This was indeed the last missing item. It's crazy, the map says 100% but this relic just laying around. 

Platinum for me. Thanks again.

Could you be a bit more precise where exactly?
Just want to make sure whether this is the one I'm missing or not.

I'm still missing a raven and a Nornir chest in Alfheim though, and I can't figure them out. I fear this is where my missing hilt or relic will be.

Edited by Couga83

10 minutes ago, Couga83 said:

Could you be a bit more precise where exactly?
Just want to make sure whether this is the one I'm missing or not.

I'm still missing a raven and a Nornir chest in Alfheim though, and I can't figure them out. I fear this is where my missing hilt or relic will be.

I assume you speak about Forbidden Sands? I will answer in spoiler:

In Forbidden Sands, there is that big statue of Elve with library entrance. You can destroy the bottom part and go into cavern with Raven and Nornir. 

For the last relic, it was the one in Niflheim Prison, right next to the legendary chest. There is a body and relic is just lying there on the ground.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

I assume you speak about Forbidden Sands? I will answer in spoiler:

Reveal hidden contents

In Forbidden Sands, there is that big statue of Elve with library entrance. You can destroy the bottom part and go into cavern with Raven and Nornir. 

For the last relic, it was the one in Niflheim Prison, right next to the legendary chest. There is a body and relic is just lying there on the ground.

Yes, thanks. That was the part I was missing.

3 hours ago, Karnacharya said:

Gatekeeping is shitty behavior, regardless of whether you find it funny or not. Online communities should be welcoming places, especially for niche hobbies like trophy hunting. There's plenty of stress and judgement out there in the real world, so there's no need for that nonsense here. 

Also, if the integrity of a statement is so fragile that a single comment from an internet rando can "ruin" it, then maybe it's not something worth defending in the first place. ?

I agree with you. People need to do better and mind their own business.

6 hours ago, Thrillhelm said:

Accessibility over hardcore gaming. A platinum for everyone and a trophy list that reflects that: if nothing is missable you can play at your own pace and enjoy the game.

This comment hurts my brain. A game can be accessible while having hard trophies. Trophies are optional believe it or not.. and have no effect on a persons gaming experience

• Like 3

What interests me are the "Battle the x" trophies.  I mean, do you have to win the battle?  I'm sure some of these are story-related and you must win, but the optional ones?  It just says to battle them.

Don't get me wrong...I'm going to beat down anything that gets in my way, but it is an interesting trophy description.

BOY!  Er, well....TEEN!?!?