Online services shutting down February 16, 2023 - Medal of Honor (2010)

Kolm

1 minute ago, westersburg said:

Funny that EA doesn't even know the releasedate of their own game lmao. This game released in 2010.

Good point, I was already wondering what's off but couldn't put a finger on it!

Edited it in my posts at least :) 

26 minutes ago, Smzthyy said:

For those who plan on going for this before the shutdown, be sure to note that Conspicuous Gallantry can not be done offline. You need to be connected to the servers to access Tier 1 Mode.

From what I remember, the guide over on PST does not mention this at all. 

Also, Medal of Honor Warfighter has extensive use of the Battlelog website for stat tracking which means it's a matter of time before games on that site also see shutdowns. Those include Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4 (PS3 & PS4), Battlefield Hardline (PS3 & PS4) and Battlefield 1.

The site was really helpful for me when I did the online trophies on Medal of Honor Warfighter years ago. Also it must be stressed for MOH Warfighter - DO NOT RUSH through multiplayer. Quite a few of the online trophies can glitch on you. Given the amount of time that's left it's doable for both games if you start now. The online (and overall Platinum) is easier in MOH (2010) versus the online trophies for MOH Warfighter.

7 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Also, Medal of Honor Warfighter has extensive use of the Battlelog website for stat tracking which means it's a matter of time before games on that site also see shutdowns. Those include Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4 (PS3 & PS4), Battlefield Hardline (PS3 & PS4) and Battlefield 1.

The site was really helpful for me when I did the online trophies on Medal of Honor Warfighter years ago. Also it must be stressed for MOH Warfighter - DO NOT RUSH through multiplayer. Quite a few of the online trophies can glitch on you. Given the amount of time that's left it's doable for both games if you start now. The online (and overall Platinum) is easier in MOH (2010) versus the online trophies for MOH Warfighter.

The main reason for progression trophies glitching in warfighter (levels/tours) is getting xp on the stats screen after the game, where medals are received.
More info on how to avoid both in qoute and post here:

11 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I somewhat doubt it, since Warfighter and MOH 2010 are almost dead games anyway. They weren't popular even back when they were new.

RIP, I probably have a combined 700 hours in these games. Met a lot of great people online. Always felt like these games attracted a more mature audience compared to Call of Duty and Battlefield.

I'm surprised it took this long for them to take the servers down. These games were pretty much dead by 2014 already.

Edited by Asimb0mb

2 minutes ago, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

I somewhat doubt it, since Warfighter and MOH 2010 are almost dead games anyway. They weren't popular even back when they were new.

EA is announcing quite a few PS3 shutdowns the last few months so... there's a fairly big chance that the battlefield servers on PS3 will also go at some point in 2023.

3 minutes ago, Kolm said:

EA is announcing quite a few PS3 shutdowns the last few months so... there's a fairly big chance that the battlefield servers on PS3 will also go at some point in 2023.

Yeah, I know, but they are killing off REALLY dead (or failed) games.

Onrush was a commectial failure, Mercs 2 was a critical failure, Fure was a complete and utter flop, both Medal of Honor games also were pretty lackluster (and are considered failures). Out of all the recent shutdowns (not counting sport titles) Red Alert and Army of TWO: 40th Day were the only games that got good reception and sales.

I agree that EA is cleaning house, but they won't touch Battlefield for a while IMO (especially since 2042 is a flop). But they can murder other games like Syndicate.

Edited by Samurai_SNAAAKE
  • Like 1

Just now, Samurai_SNAAAKE said:

Yeah, I know, but they are killing of REALLY dead (or failed) games.

Onrush was a commectial failure, Mercs 2 was a critical failure, Fure was a complete and utter flop, both Medal of Honor games also were pretty lackluster (and are considered failures).

I agree that EA is cleaning house, but they won't touch Battlefield for a while IMO (especially since 2042 is a flop). But they can murder other games like Syndicate.

We'll have to wait and see but it might as well be that they're planning to clean up all of PS3 in 2023 and are just starting with the ones that are already dead. We don't know.
So I would act as if all EA games on PS3 are going to shutdown in 2023, might save a hassle later if a few that you want are announced at the same time.

I decided to complete all online for games already on my list after the Uncharted shutdown because I didn't want to go through something similar again.
And it saved me quite a few shutdown headaches for long games because I finished them before the announcement: Killzone, GTAV, MOH Warfighter are the first to come to mind.
Max Payne 3 I was halfway the xp grind when they announced it and that was all I had left.

Yeah, better safe than sorry, but I feel like all this crap just makes trophyhunting frustrating. "Can't play things I want, since EA/Ubisoft/2K is axing another game once again..."

I did MOH 2010 year ago, btw, and have to interest in Warfighter, but I still feel sad about all this. Like, I wanted to finish up Army of TWO, but they delisted the DLC and killed MP, same with Red Alert.

Companies just suck all the joy out of this hobby.

Edited by Samurai_SNAAAKE
  • Like 2

On 01/12/2022 at 11:35 AM, Smzthyy said:

For those who plan on going for this before the shutdown, be sure to note that Conspicuous Gallantry can not be done offline. You need to be connected to the servers to access Tier 1 Mode.

From what I remember, the guide over on PST does not mention this at all. 

Thank you for this, pretty much made my mind up for me not to buy the game and chase the shutdown.. ?

Is anyone else having issues connecting? I’m trying to just do anything from the MP menu and it won’t let me, coming up with some kind of dialog box error and saying the EA servers are currently offline.

Edit: if anyone else runs into this issue, I just needed to download the online pass from the ps store apparently. And it also took a little bit for it to take effect. I couldn’t play MP immediately after I downloaded the pass

Edited by misterjakemczill

1 hour ago, Bilal said:

how long does it take to get all the online related trophies? And is it difficult? I played that game a centuary ago and want to complete it if possible

Hey Bilal, my Army of Two partner, I hope you're well. This game doesn't take too long to boost, depending on the size of your party you could be fully done with the multiplayer in less than 20 hours of playtime by my estimate. However, I am sure you'll be running into multiple groups of players, thanks to the shutdown announcement.

Do keep in mind though that you'll have to finish the story as it unlocks the "Tier 1" mode that is completely solo, but requires an internet connection. So add two full singleplayer playthroughs to that time.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bilal said:

how long does it take to get all the online related trophies? And is it difficult? I played that game a centuary ago and want to complete it if possible

If you find a good boosting group, it can be very fast, especially if you do the flag boost. Anyway, you still have to play 2 hours per type of mission and the level 15 is pretty long. I would say 10-15 hours.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Morghal said:

If you find a good boosting group, it can be very fast, especially if you do the flag boost. Anyway, you still have to play 2 hours per type of mission and the level 15 is pretty long. I would say 10-15 hours.

Don't forget that the completing the game on Tier 1 under par time is also an online trophies! So a minimum of 2 story playthroughs are also required!

• Like 1