[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

11 hours ago, serrated-banner9 said:

Second and last update (might be timed with new year lol)

https://imgur.com/XYhZcej (i'm hoping this posts correctly)

I'll do the game rankings like @Breakingthegreen later

EDIT 1: for some reason i can't get a screenshot to post here, so here's a imgur link instead in the post, rankings later

There's no way I would allow that Trivia one for a red, as there's no world in which that is the "dominant" colour.... 

....however, I know you basically did Spyro 3 in 2023, and only left the last trophy until 2024 due to the name - and that one would be a fine Red entry - so I'll allow that one to substitute, and stick you down for an Elite!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

There's no way I would allow that Trivia one for a red, as there's no world in which that is the "dominant" colour.... 

....however, I know you basically did Spyro 3 in 2023, and only left the last trophy until 2024 due to the name - and that one would be a fine Red entry - so I'll allow that one to substitute, and stick you down for an Elite!

Thanks Doc and good point on the Trivia for dummies one being wrong, must have been in such a hurry last night that i chucked it in there because it had red lol, ... but i was thinking after looking at my 2023 completions that maybe I could move Trivia for Dummies from Red to Black, Hakosan to Light Blue, and Attack of the Toy tanks to Red. But it hinges on if you would accept it as red or not

L849066.png

Dosen't matter if it's not accepted since i can use Spyro 3 but if i was forced to use it, would i still be able to use it for the 2024 event since it was techinally completed in 2024? Wouldn't be the end of the world if i couldnt since i could always use Super Epic for orange later if i complete but just wanted to put some thoughts in.

16 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

sHYy8sN.jpg

That's a nice badge Doc, also congrats to a very good event, hopefully i will be more activate in 2024.

• Like 1

Just now, serrated-banner9 said:

Thanks Doc and good point on the Trivia for dummies one being wrong, must have been in such a hurry last night that i chucked it in there because it had red lol, ... but i was thinking after looking at my 2023 completions that maybe I could move Trivia for Dummies from Red to Black, Hakosan to Light Blue, and Attack of the Toy tanks to Red. But it hinges on if you would accept it as red or not

L849066.png

Dosen't matter if it's not accepted since i can use Spyro 3 but if i was forced to use it, would i still be able to use it for the 2024 event since it was techinally completed in 2024? Wouldn't be the end of the world if i couldnt since i could always use Super Epic for orange later if i complete but just wanted to put some thoughts in.

That's a nice badge Doc, also congrats to a very good event, hopefully i will be more activate in 2024.

Yes, go on then - since I'm feeling generous (well, actually, it might be fever sweats, since I am currently semi delirious with the flu.... but either way, take advantage!) 😂

• Haha 4

Thanks for the event and for the badge! I need to finally take some time and put all the badges I got so far in my sig. 

Only 1 card, but two days before the deadline I actually realized that I'm just two colors away from another one... Couldn't find anything short and yellow. Yellow is cursed. 

• Like 3

Thanks Doc! This was a unique event and I thought it was extremely well organized with the website and template you guys created for this. It was quite impressive honestly!

I regret not participating more than I did as I certainly platinumed enough games this year to fill out a full card, but oh well… I had fun with the few games I submitted & enjoyed watching everyone else’s progress.

Thanks for all the hard work you put into running this & congrats to all the participants and Rainbow Elites! Happy New Year everyone! 🙂🥳

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Those badges look really cool!

The event was quite fun too!

PS: Only now noticed that @DrBloodmoney somehow missed my full Rainbow.

Happy New Year!

I’m sorry about that mate - I’ll give it a day or two to see if there’s any other errors to fix, and will do a correction batch with that and any other badge fixes!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I’m sorry about that mate - I’ll give it a day or two to see if there’s any other errors to fix, and will do a correction batch with that and any other badge fixes!

No problem, it's normal to miss one of two in such a big group!

I was actually even surprised by the amount of people that end up joining the event! with 100+ entries, this for sure became one of the most popular events in PSNP that I have seen!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Yes, go on then - since I'm feeling generous (well, actually, it might be fever sweats, since I am currently semi delirious with the flu.... but either way, take advantage!) 😂

Thanks Doc and hope you get better soon

Here's the final card then:

https://imgur.com/XHiqrw7

Now for the rankings:

1. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! - best PS4 game i played last year, made everything good about Spyro 1 and doubled it, instant recommend for all trophy checklisters ;) 
  2. Spyro the Dragon - A very fun  remaster of the original, does feel slightly barebones after playing 2 and 3 though
  3. Minigolf Adventure - A fun little minigolf game that i had much fun with
  4. Save Room - A puzzle game where you need to sport items Resident Evil 4 style, a very cool game that i recommend to trophy checklisters ;) 
  5. Love Choice - a unique visual novel/puzzle hybrid, i liked the stories as they were cool and it was clear that the devs put a lot of love into it
  6. My Name is Mayo 3 - The end of the Mayo triogey and a well designed ending to the series that started the shovelware craze, still have to tap the Mayo jar a heck ton though
  7. Marsi's Adventure - A cool little indie game that was a bit too short
  8. Gravity Duck - A unique platformer that i need to get back to at some point
  9. Hakosan - A cool puzzle game but why was there a hint mechanic where when you press a button it shows the solution? That's not very hint like
  10. Cuties Hacked - A game that use the Xposed formula which automatically makes it a good game, some of the images are ..  a bit suggestive to say the least, surprised this was a Pegi 12 but not a 16
  11. Halloween Puzzle - A better version of Puzzle Journey
  12. Puzzle Journey - Simple game of memory that was free on the store, not bad but nothing particularly good either
  13. Trivia for Dummies - Barebones Trivia game, i wrote a guide for it on this site though!
  14. Attack of the Toy Tanks - A good game which had a lot of love put in... but i never found the controls to be very good at all to be honest
  15. The Voice Stories - Just a collection of short stories that probably didn't need to be a game but whatever
  16. Sudoku Master - Somehow they made a Sudoku game boring and uninteresting and the cursor likes to freeze every 10 seconds, just low effort trash

You know this ranking of games gives me checklist fever, ah why not i'll do a checklist again (for the 3rd time and try not to abandon it lol) because this is a surprising amount of dopamine hit to the brain. 

• Like 4