Trophy hunters beware

A-D-I-L_99

35 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Funny reading this thread from the beginning to the most recent posts. Lot of bullshitting at the start, then it turns out it's actually unobtainable even if for reasons unrelated

The problem is we can't be sure it's bugged unless we have a list of every executions in the game. It's unlikely, but since some are tied to bosses, it could be that no one managed to get every single one including those ones. 

Unless someone datamines the game and produces a list, it might as well be glitched. We can't be sure because the devs won't adress any of this or provide a list themselves. All they do on social media is post marketing stuff, they don't even bother saying a patch is coming soon since they shadow dropped the PS5 one.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Funny reading this thread from the beginning to the most recent posts. Lot of bullshitting at the start, then it turns out it's actually unobtainable even if for reasons unrelated

Maybe it's unobtainable? I actually really don't know tbh. Not one person has been able to prove it. That's why I'm not sure. 

I think the only way to truely know is if you own a copy on PC and data mine the game to bring up a list of finishers(or how many exist in the game) and see if it tracks them.

I think we have all been assuming that's it's broken because it's been 8months without a single achiever but if everyone is under the impression that it's not worth going for and it's already a very specific trophy in how you unlock it.

How could anyone know for sure?

I mean I don't care either way, I don't need my account at 100%(no offense to you my friend btw) I enjoy just challenging myself mostly at the end of the day.

Tho earning the platinum would be nice for me and others because it's a decent game with a lot of style.

14 minutes ago, nickr_ said:

The problem is we can't be sure it's bugged unless we have a list of every executions in the game. It's unlikely, but since some are tied to bosses, it could be that no one managed to get every single one including those ones. 

Unless someone datamines the game and produces a list, it might as well be glitched. We can't be sure because the devs won't adress any of this or provide a list themselves. All they do on social media is post marketing stuff, they don't even bother saying a patch is coming soon since they shadow dropped the PS5 one.

Yeah this guy gets it.

There is from my understanding a finisher for each boss(1 for each phase so 2 in total per boss) 

And I know for a fact you can get a finisher for executing near a desk and wall. Probably 2-3 for each of those as well.

And who knows if there are other context executions like that too in obscure ways. 

It also may be possible you need them all in a single run. Now that would make the trophy near impossible to unlock I'd think.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

• 2 weeks later...

From their discord server, posted today.

Hello everyone!

Here are some updates regarding the patch:

· We’ve started QA tests for the new build;
· Once it is confirmed that fixes are working, we will integrate them into the version for other platforms as well;
· After that, the licensing process with the platform holders will begin.

This is only the first but very important step. Thank you for your patience!

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2023 at 7:08 PM, nickr_ said:

From their discord server, posted today.

Any updates on this? It‘s been a while.

On a somewhat related note, people have obtained the Finisher achievement just fine on the Steam version. Maybe there‘s hope?

4 hours ago, Gho-Zti said:

Any updates on this? It‘s been a while.

On a somewhat related note, people have obtained the Finisher achievement just fine on the Steam version. Maybe there‘s hope?

They said November, then they said they encountered major issues during QA. It was postponed to December but now there's no more words other than "as soon as possible".

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that what they're saying is true and they're indeed working on a patch, but one has to wonder what they've acutally been working on for them to take a full year to do some basic fixes. People complain about the difficulty but the game is entirely beatable on Japanese hard once you understand how th game works. All they really needed to do was fix the stability issues and that one trophy. I think a lot of good faith was lost when they went radio-silent for months, only coming out to market the game when it was on sale (still the case btw outside of Discord).

• Like 2

14 hours ago, nickr_ said:

I think a lot of good faith was lost when they went radio-silent for months, only coming out to market the game when it was on sale (still the case btw outside of Discord).

That‘s precisely why I‘m here haha. Every so often, one of the Youtubers I watch gets a sponsorship deal with them, I‘m reminded of the games‘ existence and how it looks so campy and fun, then I come here to see the broken trophy list and then forget again. 😅 Well, maybe next sales round then.

They're releasing a patch for the Steam version today. Consoles will be in late january, if they're to be believed.

This patch is a "small step" for the future of the game, their words. It'S gonna adress the trophy issues, mainly Severance Pay. Apparently, the issue ran a lot deaper than the first tought. So it probably wasn't just about a counter not doing its job. 

9 minutes ago, MonteroMagic said:

Someone unlocked severence pays on steam.  Maybe it is possible?

They are announcing a patch soon, they hinted at it today.

Achievements can easily be cheated on Steam using a 3rd party tool.

As I stated before tje patch will release later today on Steam and next year on console. Though only fixes, no new content being added

Pretty sure it's the publisher discord seeing as they still constantly post about the game and such on twitter.

I don't think a lot of issues with this game's slow updates and problem solving are strictly developer related, since this is a Soleil developed game and their other low budget action games (Valkyrie Elysium and Samurai Jack) got patches, updates, etc. in reasonable time frames. VE felt like a polished game at launch, Samurai Jack too from my understanding (though it's still in my backlog, I can't speak firsthand.) VE even got a free content update a few months after launch.

The issues with Wanted Dead run deeper than just a broken trophy, like, when the game came out you couldn't even claim a PS5 upgrade from the PS4 version and it was because 110 (the publisher) admitted they had no idea how that system worked. It did finally get fixed for the physical version of the game (sort of anyway, this itself is a wild adventure on its own I've never experienced with any other game on PS5.) Not sure if the digital version ever got fixed though.

This is the publisher's very first video game and personally I think they just got in over their heads. Their only real project before this game was producing a music album lol.

Anyway, I finally just got tired of waiting around and ended up playing it on an alt account. It's a fun game that was exactly what it was advertised as, a very PS2 era feeling low budget action game. Something in the vein of like Samurai Western or Bujingai, not in mechanics but just vibes/feel and content. And yeah I live for that crap myself so it delivered. It's not gonna be a game for everyone obviously, but it hit perfectly for me. Hopefully they can actually fix the dang trophy at some point and we can try for the plat, though, the freaking Ramen trophy will probably forever stop me since I am not good at rhythm games.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 10:05 AM, ZenaxPure said:

This is the publisher's very first video game and personally I think they just got in over their heads. Their only real project before this game was producing a music album lol.

The accusations of the whole operation being an avenue for a Russian oligarch to launder money also don't inspire confidence.

Edited by communistwookiee

• 2 weeks later...

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1981610/view/3870345512571972876?l=english

To be fair, for me, the only thing really "broken" in this game was one trophy.

The flaws in this game are beyond a mere patch, but they're also part of its charm.

They promise new content... don't get your hopes up, but who knows? I'm honestly curious to see more Wanted Dead, more than for basically 90% of the games I've played recently. It's just that weird.

Edited by Garamoth
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2024 at 5:13 PM, Galserik said:

Trophy hunters are a very small niche community inside an already niche community. Honestly, I don't think they're gonna break their heads too much looking for a fix for the trophy.

I saw this, it looks like they’re finally going to patch the game

Achievements:

• “Severance Pays” Trophy/Achievement progress now cumulates across multiple saves and playthroughs.
  • Chainsaw finishers and certain wall finishers are no longer required to complete the “Severance Pays” Trophy/Achievement.
  • Previously unseen finishers now have a higher chance of being triggered, making the “Severance Pays” Trophy/Achievement much easier to obtain.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2024/01/madcap-action-game-wanted-dead-gets-an-update-almost-one-year-after-release

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

I saw this, it looks like they’re finally going to patch the game

Achievements:

• “Severance Pays” Trophy/Achievement progress now cumulates across multiple saves and playthroughs.
  • Chainsaw finishers and certain wall finishers are no longer required to complete the “Severance Pays” Trophy/Achievement.
  • Previously unseen finishers now have a higher chance of being triggered, making the “Severance Pays” Trophy/Achievement much easier to obtain.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2024/01/madcap-action-game-wanted-dead-gets-an-update-almost-one-year-after-release

I came here to post the same thing.  Hoped I was not the only one who kept an eye out over the last year or so for a patch.  I want to dive back in and this is a great reason to as (while not incredible) the game did remain some of the most "fun" I had playing last year.