Trophy hunters beware

A-D-I-L_99

Just now, A-D-I-L_99 said:

The hardest trophies for this game include a rhythm mini game and an arcade minigame. 

The rhythm one seems almost impossible at the moment. Just a heads up if anyone thought the hardest thing would be the actual challenge from the game. 

Define "almost impossible" is it because it's difficult? Or is it buggy?

• Like 1

Very difficult. Rhythm game to match the notes as they appear. The trickiest ones are the R2 L2 sequential ones. Since they're triggers its harder to hit those back to back. I don't even know how long a song lasts but ive gone on for over 3-4 minutes and it doesnt end. Currently at 0% the trophy. Someone has already  achieved the all endings trophy just for reference on how crazy this one seems at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

Seriously the game hasn’t even been out for a day. Give it time and actually have a proper attempt before possibly deterring people from what looks like an absolutely amazing game. This is just the like 1 trophy from Stray where 5 seconds after release it was deemed impossible. Yes they’re 2 different games but same idea. No doubt this is difficult but “impossible”, is a reach and this could actually deter people from this game. 

Na not deterring its just good to know if anyone was just expecting a pure hack and slash challenge. Gotta bring your rhythm and arcade stills to the mix if you want 100%. Just information, if anyone wants to play they will. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, SzzMN said:

This is just the like 1 trophy from Stray where 5 seconds after release it was deemed impossible.

There were also guides up right at release for Stray where people were saying it wasn't hard, as there are people who have already played this game saying this is hard, so don't know what point you're wanting to make. 

27 minutes ago, A-D-I-L_99 said:

Very difficult. Rhythm game to match the notes as they appear. The trickiest ones are the R2 L2 sequential ones. Since they're triggers its harder to hit those back to back. I don't even know how long a song lasts but ive gone on for over 3-4 minutes and it doesnt end. Currently at 0% the trophy. Someone has already  achieved the all endings trophy just for reference on how crazy this one seems at the moment. 

The minigame goes for like 8 minutes, because you need to get through 10 bowls for it to finish through progression. It's incredibly dumb. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Gage said:

There were also guides up right at release for Stray where people were saying it wasn't hard, as there are people who have already played this game saying this is hard, so don't know what point you're wanting to make. 

The point I’m trying to make is it’s dumb to brand something as “impossible”, right after the games out without giving it a proper shot? I thought that was obvious. It would be a great world to live in if we just listened to the opinions of select few people and no one else. 
TLDR: The point is it won’t be impossible just difficult.

Actually I’m going to add this as well the people who received the game early are normal reviewers or trophy hunters playing the game. You said it yourself at PowerPyx you gave up on making the guide hence why there isn’t one for this game but there was for Stray. 

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Gage said:

The minigame goes for like 8 minutes, because you need to get through 10 bowls for it to finish through progression. It's incredibly dumb. 

10 bowls? Surely the full combo can't be for the whole 8 minutes. That's longer than beat saber full combos. Which is an actual rhythm game lol. Gotta wait and see. 

3 hours ago, A-D-I-L_99 said:

The hardest trophies for this game include a rhythm mini game and an arcade minigame. 

The rhythm one seems almost impossible at the moment. Just a heads up if anyone thought the hardest thing would be the actual challenge from the game. 

I would give it time. Trophy hunters are resourceful and it also might just be a case of no one having enough time to practice. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A-D-I-L_99 said:

Try harder then, I literally got both rhythm minigames on the ps4 stack without any trouble.

Oops I didn't saw the full combo trophy

but still it can't be that hard 

Edited by AngelaNeko_
  • Like 1

How would you guys rate the platinum difficulty out of 10? I realize no one has gotten the platinum yet but your general impression of how hard it will be, is much appreciated. 

I’m all for really challenging difficulties but getting perfect button inputs for 8min long mini games with no sword/gun gameplay doesn’t sound like fun. 

23 minutes ago, Prosser187ATX said:

How would you guys rate the platinum difficulty out of 10? I realize no one has gotten the platinum yet but your general impression of how hard it will be, is much appreciated. 

I’m all for really challenging difficulties but getting perfect button inputs for 8min long mini games with no sword/gun gameplay doesn’t sound like fun. 

I’d say its 9-10/10. Mostly because of ramen and shmup minigames - it seems like almost impossible. Also there is cryptic ‘all finishers’ trophy. There is no way to track them in any way. In addition, there are context ones, rare finishers (against the wall, enemy type ones) and finishers on bosses.

In general, there is a feeling that the trophies were added mindlessly and the person who did this did not see the game itself, given the strong contrast in trophies difficulty. For example, karaoke and shooting gallery are easy and pops from the first try, while other two minigames are brutaly hard. 
I think I’ll give up on plat in this game. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, sshirogumi said:

I’d say its 9-10/10. Mostly because of ramen and shmup minigames - it seems like almost impossible. Also there is cryptic ‘all finishers’ trophy. There is no way to track them in any way. In addition, there are context ones, rare finishers (against the wall, enemy type ones) and finishers on bosses.

In general, there is a feeling that the trophies were added mindlessly and the person who did this did not see the game itself, given the strong contrast in trophies difficulty. For example, karaoke and shooting gallery are easy and pops from the first try, while other two minigames are brutaly hard. 

Thanks for the informative assessment. I was planning to give this game a buy but will now skip it if no patches are made to make the minigames more manageable.

I'm all for a challenge but as you said, the devs probably think themselves clever for adding stupid and mindless minigame trophies. One would think after so many years of game trophy development and player feedback, sensibility, playability, fun and challenge that goes into achieving a trophy would be a refined art by now.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, sshirogumi said:

don't give up dude, judging by your list you don't mind a challenge, im sure u can do it, only problem is you put allot of effort into a game that has no real information for it and got taken by surprise by a yakuza wannabe shitshow at the end, u'll do it though if u like it enough to persist in a few days.

i found this no idea if it'll help.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 3