February 2023 PS+ Extra/Premium games announced

Abby_TheLastofUs

1. Rate February 2023's PS+ Extra lineup  

184 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Rate February 2023's PS+ Extra lineup

2. 2. Rate February 2023's PS+ Premium lineup

3. 3. Which game are you most interested in?

• Horizon Forbidden West
    • Resident Evil 7
    • The Quarry
    • Scarlet Nexus
    • Borderlands 3
    • Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
    • Earth Defense Force 5
    • Tekken 7
    • Outriders
    • The Legend of Dragoon
    • Wild Arms 2
    • The Forgotten City
    • Harvest Moon: Back to Nature
    • Oninaki
    • Lost Sphear
    • I am Setsuna
    • Destroy All Humans!

50 minutes ago, czDante92 said:

Wow, didn't expect to see Horizon 2 in Plus this soon. Also weird to see it included before Ratchet, Sackboy or KNACK 2 BABY, really don't understand how Sony decide which of their games they'll add.
Great month overall, wanted to buy Ace Combat several times, but always worried that I won't like it, well, time to find yout.

Theres a show or movie or something like that in production, not to mention the Horizon VR thing plus the DLC thats coming soon.

Everything makes sense once you realize that they want to do something else besides videogames with their IPS. thats why Twisted Metal is also returning.

42 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It has been available on the PS3 for over 10 years now as a PS1 classic

Only in the US though, not in PAL Regions... That being said YAY I already OWN Legend Of Dragoon and Wild Arms 2 on my US Account so I'll get those regardless (only Subbed to Essential still, and I'll remain that way) hoping for Plats for each ? ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

The what? Is this the first "new" Classic? It was not on PS3.

Ape Escape was the first I would say. It was not released on PS3 in any region. 

Really great to see another three classics this month. Hopefully this is the norm now, three (or more) a month. ?

Interesting to see Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror isn’t one of them though after it’s trophies went live the other day!

One of the best months of the service. That Red Dead 2 month in 2021 proved what the service could be like. Now with the classics included there's no way they can't do this every month.

Also, I love that sony keeps including some japanese games that are completely overlooked, like Oninaki or Trials of Mana. Those who are mentioned in the smallest part of the video/blog usually have a lot of value.

• Like 1

Extra:

-Horizon Forbidden West - Already have a physical copy, but this will save me a disc swap.

-Scarlet Nexus - Pretty looking animu game. I remember everyone going on about it back at release. I'll toss it on the medium interest list.

-Resident Evil 7 - I never really got why Resident Evil was so popular, honestly. And I've seen a million lets plays of this one, so I'll pass for now.

-Borderland 3 - Maybe. Not a huge FPS fan.

-The Quarry -  For whatever reason the last game of this kind (or is it a series? I'm unclear) just didn't do it for me. Low interest.

-Outriders - I keep getting mixed messages on this. Some say it's great, others say it's just ok, others still say the giant pile of technical issues hold the whole thing down. High on the low interest list.

-Tekken 7 - Not in to fighting games, pass. Wasn't this a freebie in the past?
-Ace Combat 7 - Mild interest. Wasn't anything I was going to specifically buy on my own, so this is the best way to try.

-Earth Defense Force 5 - Pass, only because I have it on Steam and I'd rather play it there.

-Oninaki - Had to look this one up, it's an animu Diablo with Final Fantasy-like characters? High end of the mild interest list.

-Lost Sphere - Been on my 'kinda sorta' list since release. Low end of the high interest list.

-I Am Setsuna - Looks neat. Maybe.

-The Forgotten City - Reading about this one makes me want to sit down with it. Somewhere on the high interest list.

Classics:

-The Legend of Dragoon - Ok, first off, icame.gif. Secondly, please have a trophy list.

-Wild Arms 2 - icame.gif again. Also pleas trophy list. First games is the better one, though, go play that first.

-Harvest Moon: Back to Nature - A lesson in desaturating colors during porting. But still good stuff. Also, yes, trophy list please.

-Destroy All Humans! - Already have a digital copy.

Small bundle of interest, a couple maybes and then some duds. Not a terrible month for me.

On 2/15/2023 at 2:08 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Legend of Dragoon can suck it. But Wild Arms 2! Gloriously poor translation, with one of the best intro themes ever:

I'll forgive you for saying that, considering I've lived in Ames, IA for a while and that would make anyone batshit during the winter.

Now Xenogears and finally, Alundra.

Neither one will ever happen due to publishing conflicts, but I might as well huff some of that crisp sub-zero Iowa winter air and dream a little.

Edited by Alayaes
  • Like 2

This is a great month for me, mostly interested in playing Scarlet Nexus and The Quarry - but those are far from the only ones.

Funny thing is, since Like a Dragon: Ishin is coming out on the exact same day as this update, I probably won't get around to these games for at least a couple weeks, lol. Still, they're great to have in the back burner for later.