Sailar91

Ps Portal  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in the device?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe on discount

15 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Hook up a controller so you don't have icons on the screen. Use one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Controller-Remote-OIVO-Adjustable-Playstation/dp/B07Z4RFKXD/

I've connected a PS4 controller I have guys to my smartphone and there's still icons on the screen. Also there's black bars too, it's not fullscreen. 

3 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

I've connected a PS4 controller I have guys to my smartphone and there's still icons on the screen. Also there's black bars too, it's not fullscreen. 

You can turn the icons off. And some things can go full screen. GFN goes full screen. Play it all the time.

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Don’t see it doing much better than Vita.

It doesn't need to do anywhere near Vita numbers to be successful. This is seemingly more a special controller than a dedicated handheld. Sony doesn't need to develop new games or system software for it. A more relevant comparison is the DualSense Edge rather than the Vita because that is what this seems to be: a controller with a built-in screen, a Wii U pad... although hopefully more comfortable. 

35 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

If your screen aspect ratio doesn’t match the 16x9 console ratio, it may cause black bars. 

There should be an option once a controller is connected to remove the button overlay. I’ll fire it up in a little but and look at how to do that. 

If it's just for remote play, I really wouldn't call this a console at all. It's just a peripheral. One I really don't understand the point of that I guarantee will be way too expensive. You can already just do remote play with your phone. Buy a controller for it for like $30 and it's now the same thing. But cheaper and more convenient. Since it's you're phone, something you already own and carry with you all the time already. I also guarantee this thing will be at least $100, if not $200+. I really don't understand what Sony is thinking with this.

I'm very interested if they can solve the input lag problem, lately I have been playing PS4 using PSPlay App with a wired PS4, wired Controller and Wi-Fi 5Ghz to have the smallest input lag possible, still playing a rhythm or fighting game PROPERLY is impossible, sure I can play it but not as fine as it should be and for a new product I expect the best performance.

1 minute ago, DeepEyes7 said:

I'm very interested if they can solve the input lag problem, lately I have been playing PS4 using PSPlay App with a wired PS4, wired Controller and Wi-Fi 5Ghz to have the smallest input lag possible, still playing a rhythm or fighting game PROPERLY is impossible, sure I can play it but not as fine as it should be and for a new product I expect the best performance.

Have you experimented with isolating your Remote Play app device to use a channel that's not crowded on your router to see if that helps with input lag? 

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Have you experimented with isolating your Remote Play app device to use a channel that's not crowded on your router to see if that helps with input lag? 

Not really, I dont have any idea on how to do that. If you could help me with some info I would really appreciate it.

52 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If your screen aspect ratio doesn’t match the 16x9 console ratio, it may cause black bars. 

There should be an option once a controller is connected to remove the button overlay. I’ll fire it up in a little but and look at how to do that. 

Thank you. 

38 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

If it's just for remote play, I really wouldn't call this a console at all. It's just a peripheral. One I really don't understand the point of that I guarantee will be way too expensive. You can already just do remote play with your phone. Buy a controller for it for like $30 and it's now the same thing. But cheaper and more convenient. Since it's you're phone, something you already own and carry with you all the time already. I also guarantee this thing will be at least $100, if not $200+. I really don't understand what Sony is thinking with this.

I guess the first question would be: How much would you pay for a smartphone with a really nice 8 inch screen? There aren't any, but the larger screen sizes tend to be way over the $100 price you think is too expensive for this.

Granted this is all still a rumor, but I don't think Sony is in any way saying you can't just use any capable phone with a controller and Remote Play, just like they're not telling people they have to buy their newest 65" Bravia OLED TVs. There's definitely a market for a nice, 8-inch Remote Play device for the appropriate price, even if it's not you.

8 minutes ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Thank you. 

Settings Button (three dots, only shows in Portrait mode) > Gear button on bottom left > Always show controller > Off

26 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I guess the first question would be: How much would you pay for a smartphone with a really nice 8 inch screen? There aren't any, but the larger screen sizes tend to be way over the $100 price you think is too expensive for this.

Granted this is all still a rumor, but I don't think Sony is in any way saying you can't just use any capable phone with a controller and Remote Play, just like they're not telling people they have to buy their newest 65" Bravia OLED TVs. There's definitely a market for a nice, 8-inch Remote Play device for the appropriate price, even if it's not you.

Settings Button (three dots, only shows in Portrait mode) > Gear button on bottom left > Always show controller > Off

Thanks I'll try this. 

9 minutes ago, KondeBra said:

Typical modern Sony, totally disconnected with their players....

Lol, they’re just a company making shit that they’re hoping a couple million people buy. Not every action from Sony is the same as a parent not fulfilling every whim and desire of their children. 

6 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

It blows my mind that they won't just release a cloud streaming app like every other big hitter in the space. Instead they try to force hardware purchases... what a bunch of stingy bastards.

Microsoft owns almost all cloud infrastructure. You do the math

4 hours ago, J-Isoniemi said:

Streaming sucks, and so does Sony’s new pricing policy esp. in Europe.

If you're european your money is worth less now and taxes are added to the price beforehand

12 minutes ago, majob said:

Microsoft owns almost all cloud infrastructure. You do the math

Sony had cloud streaming apps before anyone,  but they pulled them to sell more hardware. I did the math lol.

I still remember when Now was called Gaikai. Years before MS even got into the space.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Sony had cloud streaming apps before anyone,  but they pulled them to sell more hardware. I did the math lol.

You're missing the point. Sony doesn't want to pay Microsoft. They're already forced to use Azure in certain cases as it is, I doubt they want to expand that need

Edited by majob

10 minutes ago, majob said:

You're missing the point. Sony doesn't want to pay Microsoft. They're already forced to use Azure in certain cases as it is, I doubt they want to expand that need

Again though, they already expanded before. They had the apps on tvs and phones for a long time, but the day they started adding ps4 games into the library, they pulled the apps. They didn't want to hurt ps4 sales.

15 minutes ago, Ninjise said:

Yeah can't say I'm very excited about this news, after the treatment VITA got from Sony I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Sony kept the Vita alive for nearly ten years when it was basically a failure after its second year. Not exactly poor treatment

23 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

Again though, they already expanded before. They had the apps on tvs and phones for a long time, but the day they started adding ps4 games into the library, they pulled the apps. They didn't want to hurt ps4 sales.

If you're talking about PSNow, it was really only on Sony televisions and you still need a PS controller. They stopped support because the entire service was a mess and they consolidated it.