Platinum Unobtainable At Launch

5 hours ago, Bunkerbudy said:

What the hell are you on xD

That was meant humorously, but probably no one noticed. ?

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Woah, hold the phone! That rumour was actually true? The devs pulled a Tony Hawks 5, didn't include the entire game on the disc and disguised the rest of the game as the Day 1 Patch?!?! What a dick move 1f621.png.

Yes. Full game is not included: Even the PS5 disc version needed an internet connection to be fully installed yesterday and was updated to version 1.000.002 during the installation process. The patch download was not additional, it was required and integrated into the disc version installation process.

Also "Download Required" (= "Download Erforderlich") is written on the front cover of the case, at least in Germany. Maximum capacity for UHD BR is 100 GB (triple-layer, 123, 144 Mb/s), btw. So at least 47,X GB needed to be downloaded.

20230427-185419-3.jpg

20230427-172218.jpg

And tbh do not ask, why it is now listed with a size of 148,1 GB:

20230428-173213.jpg

But, afaik with Spyro Reignited Trilogy another dev did the same, and the second and third game where made available as a patch download only, yes? So: Nothing new to see here.

Edited by Geridian
Added picture

1 hour ago, Sunnyburrito said:

One of the reasons I never buy games day one anymore.

Well it's a trophy hunting website so the information is relevant, pyx was the one who originally wrote that as part of his trophy guide ,also no one said the game was bad.

Information is, people crying about it isn't. I'd argue people claiming that the game is broken and that gaming is "amazing" is a strong negative stance towards the game.

1 hour ago, WiktorM101 said:

Question to people who play/buy games day 1. 

You don't have backlogs or ignore it?

Even if I wanted to play something day 1 i still have many great games there

I do it if I want to support the Devs and say “Hey I really like what you are making, make more of this.”. I can understand the frustration with buggy games on release but if everyone is buying it on sale later in its release cycle, how are we showing the Devs we want more of this genre of game? Recent purchases that have been pre orders have been this, tears of the kingdom and Rabbids + Mario 2. For example with the last example, I know Ubisoft games well enough to know it’d be $20 3 months later, but I wanted to show the company I enjoy that style of game and want them to create more of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geridian said:

That was meant humorously, but probably no one noticed. 1f609.png

Yes. Full game is not included: Even the PS5 disc version needed an internet connection to be fully installed yesterday and was updated to version 1.000.002 during the installation process. The patch download was not additional, it was required and integrated into the disc version installation process.

Also "Download Required" (= "Download Erforderlich") is written on the front cover of the case, at least in Germany. Maximum capacity for UHD BR is 100 GB (triple-layer, 123, 144 Mb/s), btw. So at least 47,X GB needed to be downloaded.

20230427-185419-3.jpg

20230427-172218.jpg

And tbh do not ask, why it is now listed with a size of 148,1 GB:

20230428-173213.jpg

But, afaik with Spyro Reignited Trilogy another dev did the same, and the second and third game where made available as a patch download only, yes? So: Nothing new to see here.

Spyro was like that initially, then Activision quietly reissued the Reignited Trilogy a few months later with everything on the disc, including the 1.03 patch that fixed a load of issues and shrank the install size by approx 20gb :).

• Like 3

For me, it's annoying because I generally try to be on top of new releases. So, with Jedi Survivor being an anticipated new release of mine, I aimed to have no backlog ahead of its launch day so I could jump right in. Now, in the case of this game, I would also like to play towards the Platinum trophy. There's no telling how long it will take / how many patches before all the current issues with the trophies will get ironed out, and that's a problem because I'd want to know if I should wait on touching the game at all until the trophies are fixed to avoid being forced to play through the game a whole second time (in case the fixes don't just solve the issues on existing savefiles in progress). It's a mess. I have nothing else to play and Tears of the Kingdom doesn't drop for another couple of week. Boo.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ollo99 said:

Games keep coming out more broken, and more broken ?

Not particularly true. 

1 hour ago, Sunnyburrito said:

People defending broken shit is the reason we keep getting half assed games that barely works, when you buy something the least it can do is perform well, smfh.

We defend it because sometimes it gets ridiculous, obviously patches exist, they can fix it. This game definitely isn’t “half assed” in any way. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WiktorM101 said:

Question to people who play/buy games day 1. 

You don't have backlogs or ignore it?

Even if I wanted to play something day 1 i still have many great games there

I use Gamefly to rent some the more expensive games these days. Saves money for me in the long run.

Hopefully this will get fixed soon. Performance is a bigger concern IMO.

I'll probably hold off starting it myself until more patches come.  I think its completely plausible to wait on playing a game if it has glitches, whether they are gameplay, performance or trophy related.  It sucks to go through a game when it is in the worst possible state compared to waiting 6 months to a year and getting a better experience.  Paying the most money for the worst user experience is not really ideal.  I do think that most of these developers are fully aware of many of the glitches they launch with as well but they don't necessarily care to delay the launch date because of all the red tape and overhead that comes with that.  There is also no guarantee they will patch trophies in a timely manner at all.  Usually, AAA devs do patch trophies and such, but there is no one holding them accountable for doing it.  Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+ for vita never received any patches to fix that game's nonsense trophy list and they were never held accountable by Sony or anyone else.  There are no repercussions for just leaving it broken, so if you do care about completion the sensible thing is to wait for confirmation that it is fixed from a patch.

I don't see why any of that would be controversial though.

6 hours ago, Geridian said:

From looking at the changing install speeds of my disc version I would even say less than 50gb were installed from disc, the rest (100gb) was downloaded.

6 hours ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Not particularly true. 

We defend it because sometimes it gets ridiculous, obviously patches exist, they can fix it. This game definitely isn’t “half assed” in any way. 

Most AAA have released "half-assed" in the optimization department. EA/Respawn needs this criticism to do better. 

1 hour ago, Sikutai said:

There's still time before it comes to PS Plus. Until then everything is fixed for sure.

Don’t forget the inevitable addition to the EA Access/Play vault within its first year of sale.

5 hours ago, TrophyChief said:

Did the devs acknowledge the unobtainable and glitchy trophies and share a timeframe on when a new patch and fix will be in place?

Respawn’s community manager reached out to me for details on the missing Shard, so they’re at least aware of it now. Impossible to say when it’ll be fixed as I imagine the priority is fixing the 20FPS and screen tearing before a trophy!

• Like 3