Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare Coming to PS4 August 17, 2023

ziggypossum

30 minutes ago, Jason-DFG said:

Watch them do the same thing they have done with GTA 5, rerelease it on PS5 later but without a free upgrade.

I don't mind port, remaster or remake - i will be playing this day 1 anyway looking forward to it. Just a shame it won't be at 60 fps though.

My only question though, do you guys think they will release a physical copy of it aswel?

Where does it says that it is not 60fps? i was hoping for it to be 4k 60fps ?

17 minutes ago, TimeKeeper60 said:

Honestly, I don't particularly care that this isn't a remake or remaster, but if it isn't at 60 fps, that's going to be really disappointing. 

From the trailer it looks smooth so hopefully but dosent seem to be information about it atm hopefully rockstar will clarify this!

18 minutes ago, KyloZen- said:

How is there no native PS5 version, even the GTA trilogy had one...

I have no clue, shows how little they care about the red dead fanbase

5 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Just the fact it doesn't have MP which means no MP trophies I more makes more than happy, RDR 1 is incredible can't wait to play it again.

There's no need to justify when you are buying something you like, since no one pays my bills it's a case of nunya.

Tell that to the same group of people who keep buying battlefield and act surprised everytime they get screwed over with a broken game.

In the case with rockstar, i love them or i used to because they put out some of my favorite games of all time but by buying their lazy ports and the way they treat their customers youre only adding fuel to the fire. So yeah people will try to justify their spending habits, i dont blame them if its their favorite game but you cant also complain afterwards because if you didnt learn the leason the first time, the jokes on you and rockstar is all the more richer than they already are.

• Like 2

I find it funny how many people are saying it's not a remaster, when 70% of the remasters out there are just resolution increases... which this will certainly have.

Is it just because R* didn't put remaster in the title or something? Lol. I just can't wrap my mind around the logic of it.

Why is everyone instantly jumping on "It's a port, there's no PS5 version, so it's 30fps and rubbish"?

Have people forgotten that PS4 games can be PS5-aware to enable higher framerates and resolutions? The trailer on the website is 4K, so that makes me think the resolution will possibly be the full 2160p. But, seeing as RS has put out literally no statement about it which 100% confirms the technical aspects of the game, nobody knows if it's 30 or 60fps.

I'd say wait and see, I'm sure review copies will be going out soon and more info will get shared. 

• Like 1

Despite loving RDR2, one of the best games I've played, I can't really say I felt anything about the original when I played it back in the day.  While it was a great exploration of Rockstar tackling something similar but different to GTA, I remember the world being pretty but oppressively bland and the story being slow until it finally got somewhere.  I just don't think the technology was there yet back then to make it interesting or amusing enough.

Certainly won't buy it for full price but on a pretty deep sale I'd give it another shot.  See if playing it again lines up to my memories or not.

I'm a little surprised there isn't a PC port.

Edited by Dreakon13

I don't think there's a lot of wow factor for this port, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is bad. For the most part people really just wanted to be able to play this game on PS4 and that is exactly what we got. Some 4k resolution, better draw distance, and other great additions will make it the best version to play.

With that said, $50 is a pretty tall order. I definitely want this, but will wait for a sale. This looks like something that should be $30.