Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare Coming to PS4 August 17, 2023

ziggypossum

So disappointed.  Guess I'll just dust off the PS3 and play RDR, or at least finish what I can of the game if I'm so inclined..  

I'm basically a bottom feeder, which means a deep discount on this one before I'll put out any cashola.

• Like 2

Whoever set the price and greenlit this is a scumbag. Straight and simple. 

Buy a 5$ 13 year-old caseless Xbox360 disc and play the game in 4K 30fps. PC emulators have this game running at frame-rates much higher than that. Meanwhile Rockstar uploads a 30fps trailer and asks 50$ for their product. 

Don't buy this game. This should be a free-upgrade for anyone who has the original's Digital edition tied to his platform's account. 

I might give it a look in a decade or so if it reached an Ebay garbage bin, or sooner if it comes to Playstation Plus Essential, or any other service I'm paying for anyways.

If we don't buy these lazy games. They'll will stop making them and focus on new products.

• Like 3

$50 for what will likely be a basic lazy port like the "GTA Collection" that came out last year?! Rockstar is on some next level bullshit with this one... This game should be $20 MAX!

As much as I love RD1, there's no chance in hell I'm paying that amount for this shit. I'm gonna buy this game second hand in like a year when it's significantly cheaper. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Pray_4_the_End
  • Like 3

I'll probably still pick it up on sale at some point if I ever get around to finishing the RDR2 platinum (only the sp stuff left thankfully) Never played it on PS3 because I try to avoid mp trophies if they don't sound fun to me.  So it being just the sp content is right up my alley.

Literally my only incentive for getting this is for an easier, more reasonable 100% trophy completion if there's truly no multiplayer to invest hundreds of hours into only for the servers to have a temporary lifespan. Otherwise, happy I can play it on any modern PlayStation console, but absolutely sucks they didn't bother to improve it.

This has got me thinking, what was the last straight PS3 -> PS4 port that we've seen that wasn't at least a tiny bit of a remaster? I feel like even some of the early PS4 titles were branded as such, thinking about like, the first of the modern Tomb Raider trilogy.

This is just Cockstar’s intention to keep the streak of releasing minimum one game every year. 2022 was GTA 5’s lazy trash E&E, 2021 was the epic definitive version’s. (If Cockstar worked them instead of Groove Street Games, they would’ve been unplayable rubbish.) 2019 had La Noire VR and other years had other remasters. There was probably no game only in 2020. This game is going to be brighter version of PS3’s RDR without multiplayer. xD

2 minutes ago, Xillynoc said:

Welp, I see no reason not to just plat the PS3 version I've already started now.

Same here.

I have a PS3 and the PS3 game (save for Undead Nightmare) so there's absolutely no reason to buy this if it's a port with potential GTA Trilogy levels of disaster.

...but the fact that there's no MP is another plus trophy-wise. Unfortunately I played this on PS3 for a while, so I'm stuck with its trophies and the awful multiplayer grind.

I'm just not that into open-world games anymore. Only one I'm bothered to play right now is Breath of the Wild and that one's genuinely good.

Edited by Eblait
  • Like 1

No multiplayer? I recently got this physically on the GOTY version. 

My question is, if an hypothetical MP mode features it, will be backwards compatible with PS3 a la Xbox 360/One/Series X|S? 

That would be something interesting, imo...

As someone who doesn't really care for multiplayer this is good news for me! While I would have loved a remaster a port without multiplayer finally gives me a reason to play it.

I did complete the multiplayer trophies in rdr2 but I wouldn't say I want to do it again lol

• Like 1

Gonna be on disc tho, just gonna wait for it to lose value after people see what it is same as GTA trylogy. 

1 hour ago, Rokukou2 said:

Proof that RockStar still living in 2013.

I think that's more TakeTwo. RockStar literally made RDR2 few years ago. Haven't seen game so ahead it's time since GTA V on gen 7 consoles 

Edited by WiktorM101

If you still own a PS3 there is literally zero reason to buy this version. You can buy the GOTY edition for under 20 dollars on ebay brand new and with the online component which practically is a game by itself. Also, let me put this in perspective: this is a 13 year old game being incompletely ported to last gen and asking almost full retail price.

This would be akin to Nintendo porting Goldeneye 007 staright from the N64 without the multiplayer to the gamecube in 2010 and asking 50 bucks for it. 

Edited by Weskerfan75
  • Like 2