Interesting Quotes/Sayings in video games that Just Made you think of Life for a min

DarknessKey92

"when I was a young man, I had liberty, but I did not see it. I had time, but I did not know it. And I had love, but I did not feel it."

Ezio Auditore (Assassin's Creed)

"Get Over Here!"

Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)

Edited by JB_Swag_Doctor73
  • Like 1

Apart from the one that I have in my signature, that is awesome, I also love this one from Uncharted 3:

Victor Sullivan: "We don't get to choose how we start in this life. Real "greatness" is what you do with the hand you're dealt."

Naughty Dog rules!  :)  <3

These are the ones that came to mind for me:

"Wishes can come true, but not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Vanille (FFXIII)

"It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do." - Lightning Farron (FFXIII)

"The world's full of lies. There's no way of knowing what's right. All we can do is believe in ourselves... I might not make all the right choices, but as long as I was the one who decided what to do, there's nothing to regret." - Hope Estheim (FFXIII)

"Did you think a little thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?" - Sabin Figaro (FFVI)

"Sometimes I feel obsessed with this insignificant thing called 'self', even so I am compelled to preserve it." - Lucatiel of Mirrah (Dark Souls 2)

"I don't know if you've ever let someone down, got your ass kicked or straight up failed, but those are the moments that define us. They push you further than you've ever thought possible, and force you to make choices...no matter what the cost." - Cole MacGrath, inFAMOUS 2

Edited by glassthursday

"In the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't. You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair... but that's the way things are. The choice is yours." - Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

"I want a world where everyone can have a normal life. I’m tired of people having to become sacrifices. I’m tired of discrimination. I’m tired of people becoming victims. I’m tired of it all." - Lloyd Irving, Tales of Symphonia 

'I’m-a-Wario! I’ma gonna win!' - Wario in Mario Kart 64. This changed my opinions on the characters in the game. I learnt that Wario was the true mlg driver.

'I am the great mighty poo, and I’m going to throw my shit at you.'  -The Great Mighty Poo in Conker's Bad Fur Day. No need to comment on this.

"In his eyes, the greatest symbiotic parasite the world's ever known isn't microbial, it's linguistic. Words are what keep civilisation, our world, alive.

Free the world, not by taking men's lives, but by taking their tongues." - Ocelot MGSV

Nier: ''You don’t get to decide who lives and who dies. She’s a life. With meaning. And worth. And we’re gonna save her. Everyone has something to live for. Even Kainé. …Even Yonah.'' - NieR

Alicia Melchiott: (Triggers Valkyria Potential) ''I'm a weapon... No, a shield.'' - Valkyria Chronicles

Lord Talos: ''Death is our only certainty, i do not fear it.'' - Sudeki

Ramlethal: ''Ow...Stupid animal...'' - Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

Edited by SteelFreaxx

• 2 months later...

From MGS1:

OTACON: Have you ever... loved someone?

SNAKE: That's what you came to ask?

OTACON: No, I was wondering if even soldiers fall in love.

SNAKE: What are you trying to say?

OTACON: I want to ask you.  Do you think love can bloom... even on a battlefield?

SNAKE: Yeah, I do.  I think at any time, any place, people can fall in love with each other.  But if you love someone, you have to be able to protect them.

From MGS2:

SNAKE: We can tell other people about - having faith. What we had faith in.  What we found important enough to fight for.  It's not about whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have.  That decides the future.

Colonel John Konrad (Spec Ops: The Line) 

"Home? We can't go home. There's a line men like us have to cross. If we're lucky, we do whats neccessary then we die. No, all I really want, Captain, is peace."

Specifically the underlined part but I like the whole quote as well.

EDIT:

"We can’t go home. There’s a line men like us have to cross. If we’re lucky, we do what’s necessary, and then we die." — John Konrad,Spec Ops The Line 

Ah hell. Someone posted it a year ago lol.

Well the least I can do is give it a like. xD

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 1

"Some trees flourish, others die. Some cattle grow strong, others are taken by wolves. Some men are born rich enough and dumb enough to enjoy their lives. Ain't nothing fair. You know that." -Red Dead Redemption

WAIT A MINUTE, THAT CARD- Booker Dewitt 
Bioshock Infinite. 

Always gets me through some hard times. 

This quote from SMT Nocturne always kind of stuck with me:

"Persuaded by the fallen angel, you destroyed the seeds of creation, denying the reincarnation of the world. With the cold heart of a demon, you rejected the possibility of evolution. By casting aside your humanity, you became the living incarnation of bane itself." - Kagutsuchi (if I remember correctly, it's said in a monologue)

Oh, and another one that made me think about life a little:

"Hee ho." - Jack Frost (SMT/Persona series)

We come into this world with our eyes closed, and most of us choose to live our lives this way. We blindly follow anyone who will lead us. Giving ourselves over to anything that would provide us with a sense of purpose...Why is one man spared, while another is taken? To this day I couldn't give you an answer. But death comes for us all, eventually. It's easy for one death to become another number, and that part of us wished that we had been taken instead. The dead-they've settled their debts. It is up to the living to pick up the tab.

Mitchell, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Never knew something like that could come from a generic shooter

I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well. -  Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

What is the greatest lie every created? What is the most vicious obscenity ever perpetrated on mankind? Slavery? The Holocaust? Dictatorship? No. It's the tool with which all that wickedness is built: altruism. Whenever anyone wants others to do their work, they call upon their altruism. Never mind your own needs, they say, think of the needs of... of whoever. The state. The poor. Of the army, of the king, of God! The list goes on and on. How many catastrophes were launched with the words "think of yourself"? It's the "king and country" crowd who light the torch of destruction. It is this great inversion, this ancient lie, which has chained humanity to an endless cycle of guilt and failure. My journey to Rapture was my second exodus. In 1919, I fled a country that had traded in despotism for insanity. The Marxist revolution simply traded one lie for another. Instead of one man, the tsar, owning the work of all the people, *all* the people owned the work of all of the people. So, I came to America: where a man could own his own work, where a man could benefit from the brilliance of his own mind, the strength of his own muscles, the *might* of his own will. I had thought I had left the parasites of Moscow behind me. I had thought I had left the Marxist altruists to their collective farms and their five-year plans. But as the German fools threw themselves on Hitler's sword "for the good of the Reich", the Americans drank deeper and deeper of the Bolshevik poison, spoon-fed to them by Roosevelt and his New Dealists. And so, I asked myself: in what country was there a place for men like me - men who refused to say "yes" to the parasites and the doubters, men who believed that work was sacred and property rights inviolate. And then one day, the happy answer came to me, my friends: there was *no* country for people like me! And *that* was the moment I decided... to build one. - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

I'm suprised there's only one Andrew Ryan quote so far.