Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Starring Lara Croft (PS5|PS4)

Favorite of the original trilogy  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite of the original trilogy

• Tomb Raider
    • Tomb Raider II
    • Tomb Raider III

33 minutes ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

This is the one remaster I've wanted for ages, ever since that dreadful Tomb Raider Anniversary game.

I quite like Anniversary, but I’ve heard that opinion a lot by people that played the original first. Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I also loved the Survivor trilogy which classic TR fans seem to despise. 

3 minutes ago, skotafactor said:

I quite like Anniversary, but I’ve heard that opinion a lot by people that played the original first. Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I also loved the Survivor trilogy which classic TR fans seem to despise. 

I just hated how important set pieces in the game were relegated to tedious quick-time events. The fight with the T-Rex was just like six button presses and done.

Rise and Shadow of the Tomb Raider were okay games, but there's no actual tomb raiding. And the gameplay is basically just Uncharted with a woman. We came full circle from people complaining about Uncharted being "Dude Raider".

• Like 1

My experience with playing the original games (can't remember which one exactly) was saving right before falling into a pit of spikes. Whenever I loaded the save, I died. I'm not completely sure I want to go back, but everyone else's comments and experiences are changing my mind. I MIGHT eventually buy the games sometime in the future...maybe.

17 hours ago, William Faure said:

CDN media

Ah, yes! Thank you for telling me! 😁

So this translates to 273 trophies now - that's insane! It's like 91 trophies per game! 🤪

It will be less trophies than steam achievements. Just take a look at for example Hell Let Loose which has 162 steam achievements but on playstation just 57 trophies (including plat and all dlc).

5 hours ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

This is the one remaster I've wanted for ages, ever since that dreadful Tomb Raider Anniversary game.

I liked Anniversary, but like you I have been waiting for years [ 3 decades ] for this, I don't get the negativity - THEY don't have to play it, but they also don't have to put a downer on anyone else's enjoyment and anticipation of PS1 classic games that we have waited for all this time.

• Like 1

Tomb Raider was my first video game obsession as a kid, even had Lara posters on my wall. The feeling of exploration, mystery and discovery is umatched to this day, the concept of the game is absolutely unique. As I didn't have internet back then, I had to try and beat them without any hints. Solving the puzzles on your own after being stuck for hours felt incredibly satisfying. Nowadays I would probably get annoyed after 10 minutes and look up the solution. There was also a variety of fun cheats you could input at any time - level skip, infinite ammo, weapons etc. (even nude lara but you needed a game genie or whatever it was called). I wonder if the cheats will make it back to the remaster. Also in TR3 save crystals were limited which made the game incredibly difficult - there is no way they will retain the original save system. Anyway I hope the remasters will sell well so we can get 4 and 5 also. Doubt they will port 6 since it wasn't as good. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Infected Elite said:

is this getting a physical?

either way, i may grab it when on sale unless its like $30 launch price.

Well, good news for you: it is $30 launch price. PlayStation Plus members even get 10% discount. ✌️

As for physical editions, none confirmed yet. However, PlayAsia has placeholders on its site, which is usually a good indication it's happening. 👍

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

(even nude lara but you needed a game genie or whatever it was called)

Pretty sure that was just a myth. I have a PS1 Codebreaker, and that code isn't present. But it was definitely one of those things people spread around in the pre/early internet days, saying something like Lara got naked if you found every collectible or something. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, William Faure said:

Well, good news for you: it is $30 launch price. PlayStation Plus members even get 10% discount. ✌️

As for physical editions, none confirmed yet. However, PlayAsia has placeholders on its site, which is usually a good indication it's happening. 👍

That's awesome! i didnt even check the PS store. So if there was a physical it'd probably be a $10 increase. But Feb 14 is a tight spot. Ill be busy w/ Tekken, P3R, Granblue and prepping for FF.

So its good, but i will grab this eventually. 

7 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

It will be less trophies than steam achievements. Just take a look at for example Hell Let Loose which has 162 steam achievements but on playstation just 57 trophies (including plat and all dlc).

Yeah, I think so too. Still, I want to believe! 🤪 Rise of the Tomb Raider had like 125 trophies at launch, after all. Though it's nothing compared to 270, haha. 😅 I pre-ordered on both PS5 (& PS4) and Steam anyway. I just love these games!

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

Pretty sure that was just a myth. I have a PS1 Codebreaker, and that code isn't present. But it was definitely one of those things people spread around in the pre/early internet days, saying something like Lara got naked if you found every collectible or something. 

Yup, it was a myth. Here's an interesting article on the matter: gamebyte.com/tomb-raider-nude-cheat-code-was-a-myth-but-it-was-almost-real

Edited by William Faure

32 minutes ago, Viper said:

Way to ruin my precious childhood memories.

Noticed some new/interesting features confirmed last week 

• Subtitles
  • Manual save points (no save crystals)
  • and online play of some kind 

On 9/14/2023 at 3:50 PM, shadaik said:

Agreed. Any more than two reactangles for a rack and it's clearly an imposter Lara!

As well as anything more than a bun!

On 9/18/2023 at 11:55 AM, skotafactor said:

Hopefully some of the quality of life improvements include a better save system than the PS1 save crystals. 

Good news. It does; there are manual saves.

On 9/23/2023 at 6:51 PM, Boni_Neto said:

Holy shit, this is going to be amazing, I can't wait, I already can imagine trophies like "find all secrets" and "lock Winston inside the fridge".

After seeing PlayStation UK and PlayStation Ireland explicitly reference it for their TRI-III announcement, there better be a trophy for it!

• Like 3

I wonder if they will use the achievement lists from the mobile versions, with extras added. 

Here are the lists if anyone is interested:

• Tomb Raider I (21 achievements)

• Tomb Raider II (52 achievements)

The expansions didn’t have any, and TR3 was never ported to mobile, but either way it’s a basis to go on for now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VeldinX said:

I wonder if they will use the achievement lists from the mobile versions, with extras added. 

Here are the lists if anyone is interested:

• Tomb Raider I (21 achievements)

• Tomb Raider II (52 achievements)

The expansions didn’t have any, and TR3 was never ported to mobile, but either way it’s a basis to go on for now. 

I was about to mention those. Certainly some of these achievements will be included in the remasters. 👍

15 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

Noticed some new/interesting features confirmed last week 

• Subtitles
  • Manual save points (no save crystals)
  • and online play of some kind

Sorry to bother you again with this but, do you have a source regarding this information? Thank you.

Edited by William Faure

On 9/25/2023 at 6:58 AM, William Faure said:

Wow! That'd be great! Where did you read this?

On 9/25/2023 at 4:15 PM, William Faure said:

Sorry to bother you again with this but, do you have a source regarding this information? Thank you.

F6-JV7r-EXUAAd2-P3.jpg

Thought I could get one of better quality, but this will have to do for now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EcoShifter said:

F6-JV7r-EXUAAd2-P3.jpg

Thought I could get one of better quality, but this will have to do for now.

Thanks a lot! 😁

Subtitles were already confirmed from the Steam page, expected as much on PS5; glad to get full confirmation on that.

I'm quite curious about this "Manual Saving" stuff. Could it be referring to some sort of emulator-like savestates system instead of in-game quicksaves? I mean, Tomb Raider III doesn't even have unlimited quicksaves, and I can hardly see them removing the crystals. Must be something external to the games themselves, as weird as it may sound...

Lastly, that "Game Pausing" thing is certainly interesting as well. It does not quite confirm online play however, because it's usually listed as a feature on the store page (on Steam as well), so it might just be a "template" message here, but who knows... I'd love to see some online features in these games, a bit like those from Dark Souls or Elden Ring. Why? These games feature complex level design, and stuff like traps and secrets. It'd be just fun to be able to leave messages/indications to each other using preset messages, like "Shotgun ammo ahead!" or even "Careful! T-Rex is nearby!" and such! And seeing locations where other players died (in the form of tombs, perhaps? 😎) would also be funny, imo!

Anyway, I can't wait for this collection. Thanks for your answer. 👍

On 9/24/2023 at 12:09 PM, Jacko_the_lad said:

I just think the gameplay will feel really dated.

It's an obviously grid/tile based game.

If they mess with the controllers or jumping it will destroy the games charm.

I have fond memories of the first 3 games (and the fourth which is missing for some reason. Never tried chronicles so don't care)

I just don't think they suite a remaster due to the way the game was initially designed.