Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Starring Lara Croft (PS5|PS4)

Favorite of the original trilogy  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite of the original trilogy

• Tomb Raider
    • Tomb Raider II
    • Tomb Raider III

5 hours ago, TheStark700 said:

The PS5 versions are just 100%? What kinda dog poo is that?

Edited by kdogg_gamer_
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RoastedPeanut said:

It would be great if they could at least add four trophies as the "main" list. Maybe a platinum and three golds? The golds could pop each time you 100% one of the "DLC" lists.

Absolutely agree. It'd look a bit goofy, but is probably the best compromise.

The 'main list' could also have trophies that all three games contribute towards, similar to how Mass Effect Legendary Edition had a seperate list for certain trophies.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Suicide_Tortuga said:

I'm not gonna blame the devs about this happening with the PS5 version. They clearly went above and beyond when creating these trophies. Regardless on which version people play, it's impressive this collection holds over 200 trophies, it's far from lazy or amateur. 

Fair enough, but imo there’s enough blame to go around. 

They’ve put a lot of effort into these, no doubt, and I commend them for that. I even said as much earlier in this thread about the images. I can hold that opinion on one hand and still critique them on the other. The specific point that they’ve chosen not to work around the PS5’s trophy system I think is amateur. It means there’s no consistency between their product on two platforms in the same family. 

If there was absolutely no option then yes, all Sony’s fault, but we’ve seen many devs work around the problem before (GTA Trilogy being most notable).

What makes it most disappointing actually, is how much effort they’ve put in but to fall at the last hurdle. Honestly, I bet the people who worked on the trophies were just as annoyed because the decision probably came from higher up the chain. It’s usually a battle between artists/designers and the decision makers. I’ve certainly been there. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Boni_Neto said:

Is there any big difference between PS4 and PS5 versions? PS5 players could just download the PS4 version with the platinums, no?

We don't know. I would expect the PS4 versions to have lower resolution and longer load times. It could potentially be worse, like a 30fps cap for example. We'll have to wait and see.

17 minutes ago, ElliotSmithy said:

I’ve pre ordered the ps5 version on my ps5. Will I be able to switch to the PS4 version? It just says ps5 version on the game nothing anywhere saying I have both versions?

I may be mistaken, because despite owning a PS5, I barely used it (trying to clean my PS4 games first), but as far as I remember, whenever there's a game on the PS Store that says "PS4 | PS5", it lets you choose which version you want when you're about to install it.

EDIT: I just gave a look on the store, and it seems as both PS4 and PS5 have separated versions instead of sharing one, but it's quite confusing. We'll have to wait to see what happens.

Edited by Boni_Neto

I'm hoping someday Sony can get the new framework working with multiple lists on the same executable, they're well aware that this stuff adds to sales from trophy hunters... for now I'm just glad the PS4 versions have plats like I hoped.

• Like 2

No platinum trophy? Kinda odd but I don't mind.

I think if I had to choose between a platinum trophy or having more trophies added as a result then I'd definitely go with more trophies.

Sometimes it's sad when a good game ends and you collected all trophies and often times I wish some of my favorite games would have more trophies to collect but it seems all 3 tomb raider games will have plenty which is a big plus in my book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HAILtoSTARSCREAM said:

I only see the PS5 version in the PS Store. Is the PS4 version included? No PS4 logo on the game icon and no mention of a included PS4 version in the description.

I’d like to know this to, can’t find an answer anywhere.

1 hour ago, HAILtoSTARSCREAM said:

I only see the PS5 version in the PS Store. Is the PS4 version included? No PS4 logo on the game icon and no mention of a included PS4 version in the description.

Same here, and I bloody pre-ordered it too. I'm going to try and cancel it

14 hours ago, yasser90x said:

“NOTE: The PlayStation 5 version does not have a Platinum Trophy, whilst the PlayStation 4 does.“

WTF!!!

Weird thing is, there's only the PS5 version on the store