Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Starring Lara Croft (PS5|PS4)

Favorite of the original trilogy  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite of the original trilogy

• Tomb Raider
    • Tomb Raider II
    • Tomb Raider III

I have the PS5 version pre-ordered and it does show PS4 Version and PS5 Version underneath the photo banner next to where it says 1 Player so not sure if that confirms you get both versions with the game? When I logged into my PS4 I can't pre-order that version because I have already pre-ordered the PS5 one. 

2 minutes ago, kingsnaka said:

I don't get how it can have so many trophies. Isn't there a limit?

Not on PS5. The only limit is 255 trophies, and it is only limited on PSNProfiles, because @Sly Ripper still hasn't fixed that despite him saying he would years ago.

On PSN itself, a trophy list can have unlimited trophies now, but base lists are limited by points and the rest need to be added in as DLC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Not on PS5. The only limit is 255 trophies, and it is only limited on PSNProfiles, because @Sly Ripper still hasn't fixed that despite him saying he would years ago.

On PSN itself, a trophy list can have unlimited trophies now, but base lists are limited by points and the rest need to be added in as DLC.

If I'm not mistaken a bronze trophy worth 15 points, silver = 30. so 97 bronze + 2 silver = 1515. And I think games should have around 1200-1300 points, no?
and how is it going to work on ps4? Cuz the leaked list is ps4 since it has plat

1 minute ago, kingsnaka said:

If I'm not mistaken a bronze trophy worth 15 points, silver = 30. so 97 bronze + 2 silver = 1515. And I think games should have around 1200-1300 points, no?
and how is it going to work on ps4? Cuz the leaked list is ps4 since it has plat

These games include their expansion packs, so I imagine the base game will have a sizeable list full of bronzes that reaches the cap, and the rest will be DLC trophies for the expansions.

• Like 1

Well this is even more confusing, I was going to wait to get the PS5 version if Limited Run released a disc copy...but now I might end up getting a PS4 version instead. Then again, being realistic here, some of these trophies sound a bit ridiculous so I need to not have delusions that I'd actually Plat them anyways, so it may not even matter. 

2 hours ago, kingsnaka said:

I don't get how it can have so many trophies. Isn't there a limit?

For lists with a platinum trophy, points don't subceed 1260 and don't exceed 1350 (and that's like 70 bronze, 0 silver, 0 gold and 1 platinum), excluding DLC lists of course. Several dozens of these 272 trophies will obviously go into expansion packs.

I'm kind of disappointed by the complete absence of gold trophies, but I expected it, considering we knew they were going to have at least 189 trophies for almost 5 months.

-Tomb Raider I-

1 platinum, 0 gold, 2 silver, 97 bronze

1815 points

-Tomb Raider II-

1 platinum, 0 gold, 3 silver, 86 bronze

1680 points

-Tomb Raider III-

1 platinum, 0 gold, 10 silver, 71 bronze

1665 points

Anyway, I never played these original TR games. Some seasoned gamer can tell me if this lists will be hard? I read speedruns, no-heal runs...

Edited by FulgidoLucio

One could easily grab comments from this thread in order to explain the "5 stages of grief" to someone.

You should skip to stage 5 and accept the fact, that the ps5 version does not have a single platinum while the ps4 versions have a platinum for each game individually. 

Multiple sources have confirmed it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

One could easily grab comments from this thread in order to explain the "5 stages of grief" to someone.

You should skip to stage 5 and accept the fact, that the ps5 version does not have a single platinum while the ps4 versions have a platinum for each game individually. 

Multiple sources have confirmed it.

I'm fine with that, if we could buy the PS4 version. I preordered the PS5 version, as it's the only one on the store 

1 hour ago, FulgidoLucio said:

Anyway, I never played these original TR games. Some seasoned gamer can tell me if this lists will be hard? I read speedruns, no-heal runs...

22 minutes ago, Jacko_the_lad said:

From what I remember of the games, I'm not sure how it's possible to speedrun them without cheats.

Some of the levels can take over an hour!

If you played them back in those days, you might remember that most of the time spent in a level was because of the many trial and error situations and loading times hehe if this remaster has the ability to save states, then it's going to be pretty easy.

Looks like they have again spent too much time looking at Youtube try hards with Pistol Only runs and No Medipack runs, let alone the speedruns.  Its not normal gameplay to do any of these things, the pistols are the weakest weapon despite having unlimited ammo.  As for New Game Plus, well the bonus of that is you have all of the weapons with unlimited ammo in all the games so you can use whatever you like.   What's the deal with the Crystals on in Tomb Raider 3, I thought all the games were save anywhere including TR3 instead of relying on the Save Crystals.   

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

Looks like they have again spent too much time looking at Youtube try hards with Pistol Only runs and No Medipack runs, let alone the speedruns.  Its not normal gameplay to do any of these things, the pistols are the weakest weapon despite having unlimited ammo.  As for New Game Plus, well the bonus of that is you have all of the weapons with unlimited ammo in all the games so you can use whatever you like.   What's the deal with the Crystals on in Tomb Raider 3, I thought all the games were save anywhere including TR3 instead of relying on the Save Crystals.   

On PC, TR3 was save anywhere but still had the crystals, they acted as medkits instead because Core Design didn't have enough time to properly implement them like they did on PS1. So I imagine it's the same here - they're just heals.

31 minutes ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

Looks like they have again spent too much time looking at Youtube try hards with Pistol Only runs and No Medipack runs, let alone the speedruns.  Its not normal gameplay to do any of these things, the pistols are the weakest weapon despite having unlimited ammo. 

Why, it's almost as if the trophy system was designed to reward playing beyond just the base experience... I mean, I dislike speedrun trophies as well,  but this reasoning is hilarious.

If "normal gameplay" is  what you're  after, just don't go  for the 100%. Because 100%ing a game is not normal gameplay  for most people, either.

• Like 2

Does anyone know how earning trophies before the trophy list goes online works? I have received a review copy, but I don't want to earn trophies that will show up without a timestamp, or something, when the list goes online. I popped the trophy for using the level skip code on a different profile, that I use for recording gameplay footage, but it doesn't show on the trophy list because there isn't a trophy list (yet). 

Can I begin earning trophies in the game now, on my main profile, even if I can't check the trophy list, or is it better to wait until the list is visible? I'm afraid the trophies will be all messed up if I begin now. Does anyone have any experience with this?

16 minutes ago, shadaik said:

Why, it's almost as if the trophy system was designed to reward playing beyond just the base experience... I mean, I dislike speedrun trophies as well,  but this reasoning is hilarious.

If "normal gameplay" is  what you're  after, just don't go  for the 100%. Because 100%ing a game is not normal gameplay  for most people, either.

Playing these classic's normally is using medipacks when you need to and using every weapon, especially ones that can kill the enemies easier such as the Uzi's for example.  As for the speedruns, its not possible especially if you haven't played the games before but even if you have, some of the levels are longer 6 hours themselves, Temple of Xian is huge and these are not linear games.  The last time I played the Mac edition of Tomb Raider 2 it took me about 2 days to complete it, with all the secrets as well.   There is also no way that I am not going to kill that Floating Xian statue with Lara's M16 first time.   I am disappointing that it is 100% only, not that I won't try.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

Playing these classic's normally is using medipacks when you need to and using every weapon, especially ones that can kill the enemies easier such as the Uzi's for example.  As for the speedruns, its not possible especially if you haven't played the games before but even if you have, some of the levels are longer 6 hours themselves, Temple of Xian is huge and these are not linear games.  The last time I played the Mac edition of Tomb Raider 2 it took me about 2 days to complete it, with all the secrets as well.   There is also no way that I am not going to kill that Floating Xian statue with Lara's M16 first time.   I am disappointing that it is 100% only, not that I won't try.  

If you aren't feeling confident or aren't prepared to put the effort in just play it on that non 100% account that you have.

1 hour ago, Maahniac said:

Does anyone know how earning trophies before the trophy list goes online works? I have received a review copy, but I don't want to earn trophies that will show up without a timestamp, or something, when the list goes online. I popped the trophy for using the level skip code on a different profile, that I use for recording gameplay footage, but it doesn't show on the trophy list because there isn't a trophy list (yet). 

Can I begin earning trophies in the game now, on my main profile, even if I can't check the trophy list, or is it better to wait until the list is visible? I'm afraid the trophies will be all messed up if I begin now. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Trophies won't show up on PSNP, but when the list eventually gets added here (and on other trophy sites), timestamps will all appear normally.