Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Starring Lara Croft (PS5|PS4)

Favorite of the original trilogy  

270 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite of the original trilogy

• Tomb Raider
    • Tomb Raider II
    • Tomb Raider III

13 hours ago, William Faure said:

I'm quite curious about this "Manual Saving" stuff. Could it be referring to some sort of emulator-like savestates system instead of in-game quicksaves? I mean, Tomb Raider III doesn't even have unlimited quicksaves, and I can hardly see them removing the crystals. Must be something external to the games themselves, as weird as it may sound...

These versions will be based on the PC releases and you could already save anywhere on those (save crystals were only on console versions of TR1&3). I’m quite sure there will be no save crystals in these remasters. 

It is really interesting and exciting though to hear these extra details and speculate what they’ll be like! 😁😁

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, alexandra-jane09 said:

I cannot imagine what they would do with online play, these are single player games only.  Unless it's the obstacle course scores in her home grounds that you post to leaderboards or something, but, I don't think it's necessary to have online play in this.  This is Lara on her own, no co-op here. 

There are some PC mods that add co-op play so they might have decided to include that option officially as a bonus, or could just be time trial leaderboard challenges. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, William Faure said:

Subtitles were already confirmed from the Steam page, expected as much on PS5; glad to get full confirmation on that.

I'm quite curious about this "Manual Saving" stuff. Could it be referring to some sort of emulator-like savestates system instead of in-game quicksaves? I mean, Tomb Raider III doesn't even have unlimited quicksaves, and I can hardly see them removing the crystals. Must be something external to the games themselves, as weird as it may sound...

Lastly, that "Game Pausing" thing is certainly interesting as well. It does not quite confirm online play however, because it's usually listed as a feature on the store page (on Steam as well), so it might just be a "template" message here, but who knows... I'd love to see some online features in these games, a bit like those from Dark Souls or Elden Ring. Why? These games feature complex level design, and stuff like traps and secrets. It'd be just fun to be able to leave messages/indications to each other using preset messages, like "Shotgun ammo ahead!" or even "Careful! T-Rex is nearby!" and such! And seeing locations where other players died (in the form of tombs, perhaps? 😎) would also be funny, imo!

Anyway, I can't wait for this collection. Thanks for your answer. 👍

You're right, but I also didn't say the only source is PS5. In comparison though, PS5 does go into more detail to explain what exactly will be subtitled, which is part of why I used that source over Steam.

You didn't play the PC or mobile versions? There TRIII (& TRI) already allowed saving anywhere without the use of crystals. It's generally been one of the highlight features with the releases after PSX. Since the remasters' announcement trailer there have been at least a couple of strong hints that it's based on the re-releases, so im not surprised myself. 

A misunderstanding there. When I said "some type of online play" I was including any form of it. Personally, the asynchronous design is what came to my mind first and what I'm expecting (as "offline play only" does indicate some type of online component). Your idea is cool, would probably work out well.

Same of course. Been waiting for news on how the soundtracks will be handled, considering the differences with it on the PC release. No problem!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VeldinX said:

There are some PC mods that add co-op play

Yes. That's through the Tomb Raider Mod Launcher. Though it's very unstable. But this game mode I think fits classic TR games exploration so much, from my experience at least.

21 hours ago, VeldinX said:

These versions will be based on the PC releases and you could already save anywhere on those (save crystals were only on console versions of TR1&3).

14 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

You didn't play the PC or mobile versions? There TRIII (& TRI) already allowed saving anywhere without the use of crystals. It's generally been one of the highlight features with the releases after PSX.

You're both correct, I had memory loss regarding this feature for some reason, despite having already played through both PC and Google Play versions. Sorry. 😅

Edited by William Faure

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/01/16/tomb-raider-i-iii-remastered-ps4-ps5-features-detailed-new-key-art-revealed/

Over 200 trophies

This is a big moment for the Tomb Raider community, so we made sure to pack in as much content as possible. We’re excited to say there are over 200 trophies to earn including (my personal favorite) locking the Butler in the freezer. Sorry, Winston!

1 hour ago, Lion_Squid said:

They said there's going to be over 200 trophies. I can't help but feel like that's going to be in game trophies unfortunately, and not achievement trophies.

https://www.gematsu.com/2024/01/tomb-raider-i-ii-iii-remastered-details-enhancements-new-features

The original source was the PS Blog, if they're talking trophies, they will mean trophies.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lion_Squid said:

They said there's going to be over 200 trophies. I can't help but feel like that's going to be in game trophies unfortunately, and not achievement trophies.

Also, a photo mode.

https://www.gematsu.com/2024/01/tomb-raider-i-ii-iii-remastered-details-enhancements-new-features

I thought it'd be more like 40 to 50 trophies total. Across the trilogy. 200 trophies and I don't know if I'd like it if it were 200. I was really into Hitman a few years back (still need to finish Hitman 2) and the sheer scale of the trophies was daunting. Hitman 2 had like 140 trophies. 

Edited by AlonMercer

Looks like one of the trophies is for not getting burnt by the flamethrower dude, that's actually quite easy, like what they did with the Jade Dragon secret although its a little big.  I hope it has separate platinums for each game because that will be daunting given that TR3 is the hardest of the three games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

I imagine there might be a 50-60 trophy list for each game with an additional 12-15 trophy dlc list added on each game for the expansions.

Yeah, got to be. It would be a travesty if all the trophies were in one list, but after COD MW3 I’m still worried until I see them. 

3 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Key art looks solid, trophy artwork has some effort put in. Don't let us down lads and lasses!

Really pleased with the trophy art! Probably the best looking trophies in the TR series now! It makes such a difference when a bit of effort and creativity is put in (the TR Trilogy remasters had horrible trophy art). 

spacer.png

So what are we thinking these could be for? Some are pretty obvious of course. First one could be a platinum image perhaps? 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, VeldinX said:

Yeah, got to be. It would be a travesty if all the trophies were in one list, but after COD MW3 I’m still worried until I see them. 

Really pleased with the trophy art! Probably the best looking trophies in the TR series now! It makes such a difference when a bit of effort and creativity is put in (the TR Trilogy remasters had horrible trophy art). 

So what are we thinking these could be for? Some are pretty obvious of course. First one could be a platinum image perhaps? 

Since they are adding photo mode, I think the first one is - wow - to take a picture of Lara somehow. There's another that looks like the training course, so probably a time trial trophy. Lock up Winston, don't get hit by flamethrower dude, kill Natla (maybe), and the other two I don't remember what could they be about.

30 minutes ago, Boni_Neto said:

Since they are adding photo mode, I think the first one is - wow - to take a picture of Lara somehow. There's another that looks like the training course, so probably a time trial trophy. Lock up Winston, don't get hit by flamethrower dude, kill Natla (maybe), and the other two I don't remember what could they be about.

They have missed a opportunity if they don't have lock up Winston as a trophy imo

2 hours ago, Boni_Neto said:

Since they are adding photo mode, I think the first one is - wow - to take a picture of Lara somehow

Oh yeah, good shout. Don’t know how I missed that! 😅

I wonder how hard the trophies will be. Hopefully they cover everything but don’t go overboard with the challenge. I don’t want it to be a stressful experience. Time trials are probably my biggest worry - if they make them too tight for example. 

4 hours ago, charxsetsuna said:

They have missed a opportunity if they don't have lock up Winston as a trophy imo

There is a trophy for that, as I expected.

"We’re excited to say there are over 200 trophies to earn including (my personal favorite) locking the Butler in the freezer."

On 9/19/2023 at 1:42 AM, communistwookiee said:

You have a source or is that just what you want? Crystal Dynamics put this up on their website with the announcement and it specifically mentions modern controls and camera changes

Amen to that. I tried the first Tomb Raider and couldn't go with the tank controls. It's nice of them to keep them as an option for those who like it that way, but the modern controls make me want to give this a chance. I like how the more recent TR games (2013, Rise, and Shadow) control.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...