Delisting December 1st 2023/Server Shutdown January 31st 2024

XxIsa-GxX

21 hours ago, alien713 said:

I got the plat in like 250-300 hours, playing on Dualshock only. If you want to speed things up, the trick is to keep your driver rating low (D-C). This way it will be easier to win as you will be racing against beginners but also some assholes who aren't new to the game but are low ranked because they behave like assholes, so it's a trade off - easier to win but a bit more frustrating.

You can lower your driver rating by lowering your sportmanship rating.

This isn't true anymore. There mix all driver ratings due to the number of people still playing the game.

18 hours ago, Letenko said:

It should be, but a few things to consider (apologies if these were listed here, haven't read all the posts):

1. The matchmaking for Sports mode is based off of your PSN account country, which for me was Australia.

2. Forget about boosting (unless the online died or a new method was found in the 2 years I stopped playing).

3. Best way to get the 3 big trophies done is to learn a track, for me that was the Tokyo? Highway. Learn your corners, set a really good time for a pole position and then watch your turns, it's mostly clean racing, but you will encounter people who want yo spin you out.

4. Depending on how the save data is stored, you may need to do the "offline" grind before the shutdown as well.

This is also not entirely accurate. Yes it goes based off of your psn account but it's not region based. For example, I'm on the east coast in the US. I can only play with people from the east coast or Brazil. It will match you within certain time zones based on where you are at.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, x7251 said:

The tracks aren't updated weekly anymore. The tracks usually only update once every 4 weeks since April 2022. 

53 minutes ago, The Moose Knuckler said:

This isn't true anymore. There mix all driver ratings due to the number of people still playing the game.

Damn, thanks for the correction. Considering these 2 things this plat sounds a lot harder now. Even back in 2018 I had to spend many hours practicing and perfecting each track as soon as it became available before I had a shot at getting some wins and pole positions. 

Edited by alien713

54 minutes ago, The Moose Knuckler said:

This is also not entirely accurate. Yes it goes based off of your psn account but it's not region based. For example, I'm on the east coast in the US. I can only play with people from the east coast or Brazil. It will match you within certain time zones based on where you are at.

It is region based. I played with a lot of Japanese folks. It tries to math you with people close to your country. It doesn't take into account your IP or where you are physically. I used Australian matchmaking while in the EU.

Slight edit: I think we're saying the exact same thing, so there is no argument here.

Edited by Letenko

38 minutes ago, alien713 said:

Damn, thanks for the correction. Considering these 2 things this plat sounds a lot harder now. Even back in 2018 I had to spend many hours practicing and perfecting each track as soon as it became available before I had a shot at getting some wins and pole positions. 

Yea and they took the daily/weekly rotation out. So now it's only a couple of courses for the entire month before switching

• Like 3

23 hours ago, The Moose Knuckler said:

22 hours ago, Letenko said:

It is region based. I played with a lot of Japanese folks. It tries to math you with people close to your country. It doesn't take into account your IP or where you are physically. I used Australian matchmaking while in the EU.

Slight edit: I think we're saying the exact same thing, so there is no argument here.

Did they change something? It was always done in PSN region - Americas, Europe/Middle East/Africa, and Oceania. I have an Australian PSN account, but live in Ontario. I never played against anyone who wasn't from Australia/NZ/Japan or SE Asia. Never matched up with anyone in my own timezone. 

My biggest piece of advice when going for the 91 wins, especially when playing the daily races with no tyre wear, is to treat every lap like a qualifying lap. If you’re starting on Pole, great, hit your breaking points, nail those apex’s and keep your speed up. It’s really a case of making as few mistakes in the lap as possible as those chasing will jump on that as soon as they get a chance.

And if the roles are reversed, say you’re in 2nd, 3rd or even 4th. Keep it clean and keep pushing. If you’re applying the pressure from behind it’s very likely those in front will make mistakes and you’ll be in a good position to take advantage of it! A few of my wins came this way.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Starting around Level ~40, which is where I was at after doing everything else in the game trophy wise, you can watch the entire Ed Edd n Eddy series while doing the KTM xbow method and you'll be at 50 or super close to it, in case you lose a race. Just to give a sense of the time investment. It isn't the worst grind, there are far longer and just as boring grinds out there.

I platted this game two months after it came out but I've been playing it with a second account too. That one only has the Lv50 trophy remaining and I've been meaning to get it done for ages. However I don't feel like forcing myself to race around Blue Moon Bay a gazillion times right now, so if that trophy ends up going unobtainable then so be it.

On 9/29/2023 at 4:46 PM, HuntingFever said:

Is it even possible to Plat this in the time we have left if starting from 0?

It most certainly is. For starters, the current fastest time on the leaderboard went from zero to platinum in just nine days. However that guy did nothing other than eat, sleep and play GT Sport the whole time and was very good at the game to begin with. @stpatty provided a link to the thread on GTPlanet documenting the whole thing at the bottom of the previous page.

Having said that however, if you're a complete newbie to the franchise and have never played a GT game before then going for this Plat will probably give you more frustration than it's worth. Especially since the stability of the multiplayer started to go haywire some time after GT7 came out, with players getting error messages when trying to enter a race. Proceed at your own risk.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Baka_Marimo said:

However I don't feel like forcing myself to race around Blue Moon Bay a gazillion times right now, so if that trophy ends up going unobtainable then so be it.

When I did my grind there was a Le Mans classic race that paid just as well as BMB, but was less mind numbing. A little bit of trial and error hit the right car setup for the fastest time though. 

6 hours ago, wowbagger_84 said:

Easily, provided you are somewhat competent in racing games.

91 wins sounds pretty tough though, for someone only competent in racing games. I'm probably somewhat above that, and I'm pretty nervous.

For the starting in first place trophy (that's what pole position means right?), I understand that you start there if you have the best lap time in the lobby. If you get a really good lap time, are your opponents random enough that you have a decent chance of starting races in first place if you just do a lot?

5 hours ago, Chettlar said:

91 wins sounds pretty tough though, for someone only competent in racing games. I'm probably somewhat above that, and I'm pretty nervous.

For the starting in first place trophy (that's what pole position means right?), I understand that you start there if you have the best lap time in the lobby. If you get a really good lap time, are your opponents random enough that you have a decent chance of starting races in first place if you just do a lot?

In my opinion the Pole Positions are harder than actually winning races. I have 26 race wins but only 12 poles. It's very possible to win a race from starting 2nd or 3rd on the grid, but harder to literally be the fastest guy out there and get pole position.

I'm going to come back to the game for a while, but honestly I don't see myself getting the platinum. I'm not good enough to get the required number of wins or poles.

On 9/30/2023 at 9:26 AM, The Moose Knuckler said:

That's what region based means lol. Brasil and US are in America, the same continent, so you'll get people from all over the continent but no one from Europe, Asia, etc.

@barra333 if you're from Australia, you'll still get matched with Asian players. It's just the ratings that can mix depending on the hour due to the low player base. I tried playing at peak hours and it was more populated, with more people within my rank.

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

That's what region based means lol. Brasil and US are in America, the same continent, so you'll get people from all over the continent but no one from Europe, Asia, etc.

@barra333 if you're from Australia, you'll still get matched with Asian players. It's just the ratings that can mix depending on the hour due to the low player base. I tried playing at peak hours and it was more populated, with more people within my rank.

Brazil is in South America, not North America. Completely different parts of the world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Moose Knuckler said:

Brazil is in South America, not North America. Completely different parts of the world.

Not really, very few (old) games have local servers on Brazil, we usually connect to us-east-1 on AWS as it's the lowest ping. So for practical reasons, US East and Brazil are the same part of the world

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Moose Knuckler said:

The Gran Turismo Sport world has 3 regions - the Americas, Europe/Middle East/Africa, and Oceania. Actual geography and geopolitics don't matter.