Do you still buy games on release at full price? What was the last game you bought new and when?

GamingMethodist

Entries in my favorite franchises I buy day one, beyond that it's a case by case basis based on how much I like the game and how soon I want to play it. Last game I paid full price for was Spider-Man 2

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kavatus said:

Last game I have bought full price (60€ or up) was Borderlands 2 on ps3. 

I have no desire to beta tester for games and pay for it so I typically buy games year or few after release once they drop to 10-20€ (really rarely  I might be willing to pay 30€ for something)

Also local library has some high profile games too so I can try newer games that way. 

Edit: as previous poster said I too prefer complete editions as they tend to be as fixed as those games will ever be.

Definitely a solid choice to be the last one you bought! Borderlands 2 is one of my favourites.

Yep, pretty much every game I'm interested in I get day 1, but I never get the higher priced editions, just the standard $60 or $70 edition. But I also don't get a crazy number of games a year either, usually around 7 or 8 games

Last game was Alan Wake II which basically released today, and before that Spider-Man 2

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

I can't even tell you the last time I bought a game full price. And since this generation started, I absolutely refuse to support the $70 price model...which means making sacrifices, such as skipping out on playing Spider-Man 2 for now, when it was my most anticipated game of the year. 

I have been known to pre-order if I get some kind of deal on it. Like last year I pre-ordered Pokemon Scarlet and AEW: Fight Forever because Amazon gave me this promotional thing where they took $30 off of two of my orders so long as I ordered off the app...so got both of those for $45. 

I preordered Spider-Man 2 from PlayStation Direct. 

And of course, there are some small, cheap games I get it full price.

As for non-PlayStation, I used a Game Voucher to preload Super Mario Bros. Wonder. The cheapest it will be on the eShop for the next several years will probably only be $39.99. And I doubt it will ever get a price cut. 

• Like 1

i can t have so many games in my library an more inportant in my shelves if i had buy them full price

i m always on the path to find a game i want to do on sale

i have made a step aside with the last Cod i spent a lot of time in Dmz these days and i have some fun

usualy full price is avoided especially if dlcs are on the way in it

Yes, if it's a game I really want to play but this is happening less so these days as there's simply less games coming out that I really want to play. 

I'm more frugal now compared to the past. There's games coming out that I would've pre-ordered and bought day one in the past that I now pass on until down the road when it becomes cheaper and I have the time to play them. A game like The Crew Motorfest I would've bought day one 10 years ago but now, I have no problems waiting on that game and playing it later. AC Mirage and Spider-Man 2 are the 2 most recent games I bought at full price. 

Money's not really the main problem here, it's more about I don't have the spare time anymore to dedicate to all these games so it makes no sense to buy all these games day one when it may take months for me to finally find the time to play them so I may as well just wait. And in waiting I could buy them cheaper which is always a plus in this day and age when everything is so expensive. 

We’ve got a new marketplace app in Spain that offers 30% discounts on game preorders. I bought SM2 and CODMW3 for 45€ each, almost at half price from the 80€ MSRP. Besides that, I try to live off PS+ Premium now since I have a backlog I’ll never finish, so why more new games?

4 minutes ago, Vanqishd said:

We’ve got a new marketplace app in Spain that offers 30% discounts on game preorders. I bought SM2 and CODMW3 for 45€ each, almost at half price from the 80€ MSRP. Besides that, I try to live off PS+ Premium now since I have a backlog I’ll never finish, so why more new games?

i try to live off ps+.All of this became a large scale scam

29 minutes ago, samunrizthym said:

i can t have so many games in my library an more inportant in my shelves if i had buy them full price

i m always on the path to find a game i want to do on sale

i have made a step aside with the last Cod i spent a lot of time in Dmz these days and i have some fun

usualy full price is avoided especially if dlcs are on the way in it

It looks like that strategy is working for you man! Just looked at your profile looks fantastic well done 🙂