The Last of Us Part II Remastered announced - January 19th 2024, $10 upgrade path

Abby_TheLastofUs

Will you buy/play the remaster?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy/play the remaster?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, depending on the price
    • I'll wait till it hits one of the PS+ tiers

*cough* instant plat *cough*

SIE finally acknowledging the existence of auto-popping trophies to the public, huh? I certainly wasn’t ready for that!

Unfortunately for them, my perception on this glorified remaster surrounded by a vocal minority grassroots hype train will continue standing tall.

6 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

But is that the only physical version?

Edited by Taliesin_2943

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2023 at 3:20 PM, Treilio said:

It could be like Uncharted 1-3 Remastered, where brutal and speed run were dlc trophies.

I have a feeling it may not have new trophies for the new stuff.  Most announcements and deep dives for new content in games on playstation blog have seemed to mention new trophies in those content drops when there will be new trophies.  We'll see closer to release though, maybe there'll be an update.

And yes, there is a regular disc copy besides the WLF Edition.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

I have a feeling it may not have new trophies for the new stuff.

I sure hope not but if so expect me to abuse the fuck out of the accessibility options for these trophies 'cause honestly I don't know shit about roguelikes.

Edited by Dry
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dry said:

I sure hope not but if so expect me to abuse the fuck out of the accessibility options for these trophies 'cause honestly I don't know shit about roguelikes.

7 hours ago, Roberto_992 said:

https://youtu.be/l3Y-KD-5C3k?t=2815

Confirmed there will be a DLC trophy list for the No Return mode (46:55)

Yeah, just saw that interview.  As long as they aren't anywhere near as hard as the Uncharted 4 survival mode trophies and we can use accessibility options, and maybe even select difficulty, then I'll be happy.  I really hate roguelike modes.  I wish that trend for games including them as dlc would pass.

• 1 month later...

New trophies confirmed, specifically for the rogue-lite mode No Return. All DLC trophies, not required for Platinum

Mixed Bag: Get kills with 5 different weapons in an Assault encounter

Become The Hunter: Kill 12 enemies in a Hunted encounter

Got Your Back: Win a round of Holdout without your ally falling below 70% health

Burglar: Open the safe in Capture without killing any enemies

Roll Call: Win a run with every character

Modded: Complete an encounter with each Mod

Risk Taker: Complete 5 gambits in one run

Good Riddance: Beat all bosses

Team Ellie: Complete all Ellie faction challenge tracks

Team Abby: Complete all Abby faction challenge tracks

True Strength: Get an S rank on an encounter

May Your Survival Be Long: Win a Daily Run of No Return

May Your Death Be Swift: Win a Daily Run of No Return on Grounded Difficulty

No Return trophies are not required to earn a platinum trophy in The Last of Us Part II Remastered.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, FFATMA said:

It won't autopop unless we choose to transfer over our save from the PS4 version right?  I hate autopops.  I want to earn them legit again.

For Uncharted 4 remastered you actually had to import your save from the main menu of the game. Just having the save on your system didn't trigger an autopop. I assume this will work the same way. So if you want to start from scratch just don't import the save.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2024 at 2:51 PM, communistwookiee said:

Someone posted the grades. May Your Death Be Swift is gold, the rest are bronze.

And I wouldn't be surprised if it's way harder than doing the U4 Survival on Crushing with 3 stars trophy.  Daily Runs you only get one chance on a day.  Ugh...

Meh. No incentive for me to pick this up.

Don't like rogue-likes and I still have to 100% the PS4 version which now runs at 60fps anyway...

Not to mention that I haven't even picked up the remake for part 1.

I hope Naughty Dog isn't becoming like R* and Activision where all they do is remake and remaster the same games over and over and their sequels. 

On 1/12/2024 at 12:48 PM, JAK-KRIEG said:

I was mildly interested until I saw the word roguelike, no thanks not a fan.

I wonder if this is the new trend that Sony devs are going to do with increase the longetivity of their SP games (e.g., tacked on MP, souless DLC packs, adding a new difficulty/NG+ trophies) since God of War recently did it.

I like Roguelikes, but they usually built from the ground up...not added on to a story game for novelty purposes.

6 hours ago, exsentry said:

I wonder if this is the new trend that Sony devs are going to do with increase the longetivity of their SP games (e.g., tacked on MP, souless DLC packs, adding a new difficulty/NG+ trophies) since God of War recently did it.

I like Roguelikes, but they usually built from the ground up...not added on to a story game for novelty purposes.

Seems like it. AC Valhalla (Forgotten Saga) and Far Cry 6 (Lost Between Worlds) have done it too.