The Last of Us Part II Remastered announced - January 19th 2024, $10 upgrade path

Abby_TheLastofUs

Will you buy/play the remaster?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy/play the remaster?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, depending on the price
    • I'll wait till it hits one of the PS+ tiers

1 hour ago, veryrareoriginal said:

Fingers crossed we get incredibly difficult trophies. When the last of us part 1 got released, the trophies were so tame there was no point in playing (the ps3/ps4 had difficult trophies)

PLEASE RELEASE WITH HARD TROPHIES

Chances are there will be, only not part of the base game list but as add-on/DLC trophies instead.

6 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Am I dumb for not realizing this wasn't on PS5 already?

Nope.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

• Lost Levels lets you explore early-development versions of three new levels not seen in the original.

I don't really care that much about The Last of Us, but this feature is such a cool concept and I'd love it if more games included similar things. It's like a playable version of a film's deleted scenes bonus features.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, veryrareoriginal said:

Fingers crossed we get incredibly difficult trophies. When the last of us part 1 got released, the trophies were so tame there was no point in playing (the ps3/ps4 had difficult trophies)

PLEASE RELEASE WITH HARD TROPHIES

I am hoping at least there are some difficult trophie for the rouge like mode!

2 hours ago, TimeKeeper60 said:

Man, imagine if this No Return mode had co-op in it. That would have been so cool. 

What are the chances that the Factions Part II gameplay mechanics are being repurposed in this edition of the game? I could see the "unique gameplay traits" being selectable traits before going into a multiplayer match in Factions II. Same with unlockable instruments, which could be played in a sort of hub area that you can set up if there's base building mechanics. 

"Play as a host of different unlockable characters, some never-before playable in The Last of Us franchise"

Jerry Anderson and JJ gameplay let's fucking goooooo!!!!!

I also gotta say, I love how the boxart for the Part I remake and the Part II remaster mirror each other. spacer.pngspacer.png

Very cool.

But, this is how it should look:
ZqpKt9N.png

I don't really care about the complainers that are furious that a 2019 game is getting an unjustified remastered. This coverart is MORE than enough reason for the game to exist in my mind.

Edited by Valyrious
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

Well at least they offered an upgrade path and not just lock this version behind $70. For $10 USD/$15 AUD really what you're going to be paying for are the Lost Levels and that new Rogue-like mode. The performance/visual upgrades could have been done for free but it is what it is. The steelbook looks really nice though, too bad it's locked behind PS Direct just like the Part 1 steelbook...

Edited by PostGameBlues

Gotta admit, when the remaster was announced/leak I wasn't expecting quite this much added content, especially the No Return mode. It does feel more justified to market it as a new version of the game and all, and that's cool...but it's crazy that they felt the need to go this far and announce this big re-release less than 5 years after the original, which (as stated several times above) STILL looks and plays great. If this were 10 years down the line on the PS7 or if they'd announced this as a simple port for 2021 after the PS5's launch, I'm sure people would've been A-okay with it (well, as much as anyone is "A-okay" with anything about this game), but jesus goddamn ND needs to do literally anything with literally any other IP they own. Hell, give them something else! Give them Bloodborne! ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE LAST OF US OVER AND OVER FOREVER TO INFINITY PLEASE

...and I'm a defender of Part II, can you believe it?

• Like 1