The Last of Us Part II Remastered announced - January 19th 2024, $10 upgrade path

Abby_TheLastofUs

Will you buy/play the remaster?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy/play the remaster?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, depending on the price
    • I'll wait till it hits one of the PS+ tiers

Naughty Dog has to be pissed that their stuff keeps getting leaked so often lol

Here's the highest res version of the artwork I could find by changing the store image URL. I gotta be honest that the game icon and boxart for the PS4 game was pretty ugly, but I like this art

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, G4Knight said:

Extra playable characters is drawing my attention.

Back in the day skins in games weren't attention worthy.

I don't think anyone was very exited they could play as Sullyvan or Navarro in Uncharted.

Like cool but to pay for the game second time for this? Nah

Edited by WiktorM101
  • Like 3

I don't know why so many people were so quick to write this off, when we had zero information about the game. This seems pretty cool to me, but I don't think I'm going to get it at release because I have no money lol. Probably will get Tekken 8 and Dragon's Dogma II instead if I have the money to buy them.

10 minutes ago, WiktorM101 said:

Back in the day skins in games weren't attention worthy.

I don't think anyone was very exited they could play as Sullyvan or Navarro in Uncharted.

Like cool but to pay for the game second time for this? Nah

You’re being dramatic. You don’t have to buy it if you don’t want to. Also, the comparison you made sucks

Unlike the first game, Part II doesn't have the same high replay-ability. The story is just too depressing and draining to want to experience it over and over again. The game itself and levels just aren't as memorable either. 

I rather recently replayed it on grounded difficulty and I skipped all the cutscenes. I couldn't put myself through that again.

I couldn't care less about graphics updates, the original already looks stunning and still holds up today and the roguelike mode sounds cool but not enough to justify the price tag this remaster will probably have. The PS4 version still goes for $40 (it's still a relatively new game after all) so this remaster is going to be at least $60 and I wouldn't be shocked if they go the full $70 like they did for the Part I "remake". 

• Like 1

I hate roguelite/like games, so the new mode isn't of interest here.  Hoping that if they give it any trophies they make them easy, maybe let you customize difficulty for it or something and not have difficulty trophies for it.  If they do this, and offer an upgrade path along with save transfer with trophy pop then maybe.  But if they go hard-core on the new mode I'll likely skip it.  I liked the game less than part 1 so there is that as well.

If I didn't already do my TLOU marathon earlier this year with Part I (PS5) and Part II (PS5 patch)... I'd definitely consider this.  But I'm all TLOU'd out for now.  Maybe in a few years when the mood strikes again and this is on a relatively deep sale or included with PS+.

46 minutes ago, TimeKeeper60 said:

I also gotta say, I love how the boxart for the Part I remake and the Part II remaster mirror each other. spacer.pngspacer.png

The remasters art next to Part I makes it look even cooler.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

I couldn't care less about graphics updates, the original already looks stunning and still holds up today and the roguelike mode sounds cool but not enough to justify the price tag this remaster will probably have. The PS4 version still goes for $40 (it's still a relatively new game after all) so this remaster is going to be at least $60 and I wouldn't be shocked if they go the full $70 like they did for the Part I "remake". 

Maybe I'm just being way too naive and overdosed with hopium, but I can't imagine them not including a $10 upgrade path. In fact, almost all the PS5 remasters have been this way, and there was always something to sweeten the deal. Spiderman Remastered upgrade for $10 gave you the DLC even if you didn't have it for the PS4. Death Stranding not only had a bunch more content like improved combat, new story missions, car racing, new buildables, training mode, etc, but you could upgrade directly to the deluxe version of the game for 10$. Even Naughty Dog's own Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves required you to own only 1 of the 2 games, and upgrading gave you both of them, so if you only had U4, you got Lost Legacy for free. 

Who knows, maybe it will be a $50 or $70 or $100 game this time around, but I really don't think it's gonna happen.