The Last of Us Part II Remastered announced - January 19th 2024, $10 upgrade path

Abby_TheLastofUs

Will you buy/play the remaster?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy/play the remaster?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, depending on the price
    • I'll wait till it hits one of the PS+ tiers

It wouldn't be a Last of Us thread if there weren't people complaining about one thing or another, or even taking shots at one another over nothing.

Truly one of the most iconic, polarizing series to ever exist. There's something about TLOU that just makes people's blood pump and start going feral for no reason.

Spoiler

(Thank you Abby, I love you.  You are still the best aspect to this series.)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, veryrareoriginal said:

Fingers crossed we get incredibly difficult trophies. When the last of us part 1 got released, the trophies were so tame there was no point in playing (the ps3/ps4 had difficult trophies)

PLEASE RELEASE WITH HARD TROPHIES

But you have options to make it hard  though. Grounded + Permadeath is easily a tough challenge but for one trophy.

20 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Very cool.

But, this is how it should look:
ZqpKt9N.png

I don't really care about the complainers that are furious that a 2019 game is getting an unjustified remastered. This coverart is MORE than enough reason for the game to exist in my mind.

This is so dumb. A random artist on twitter could make a cover art like this. The game has a decent amount of content for 10$ but this alone is not more than enough to justify it. I do agree the art is excellent though.

• Like 3

The added content makes it well worth an upgrade. For those who did the PS4 version this is essentially a DLC trophy set that comes with a free platinum.

I wonder if the characters you can play as in the added mode have different starting loadouts and abilities. If so then Abby should be the Nikolai/Wesker/Joe, starting with no firearms because her arms are the only guns she needs.

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 11/18/2023 at 4:53 PM, tony_snake_24 said:

This is so dumb. A random artist on twitter could make a cover art like this. The game has a decent amount of content for 10$ but this alone is not more than enough to justify it. I do agree the art is excellent though.

It's okay, you're entitled to your opinion, and yours is never going to invalidate mine. Sorrynotreally.

"A random artist on twitter could make a cover art like this."
"I do agree the art is excellent though."

I agree. Very dumb. I think we may not agree with what exactly we find dumb, though...

18 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

It's okay, you're entitled to your opinion, and yours is never going to invalidate mine. Sorrynotreally.

"A random artist on twitter could make a cover art like this."
"I do agree the art is excellent though."

I agree. Very dumb. I think we may not agree with what exactly we find dumb, though...

👍

19 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

It's okay, you're entitled to your opinion, and yours is never going to invalidate mine.

It was fine up until this point.

On 11/18/2023 at 10:16 PM, kdogg_gamer_ said:

But you have options to make it hard  though. Grounded + Permadeath is easily a tough challenge but for one trophy.

Last of us 2 is not perma. Permadeath is supposed to be permant death, which means start over from scratch...

Last of us 2 is a joke, the whole thing. Will never waste a 10£ on it. Its not by far worthy enough to be in my collection👍

1 hour ago, DividedByMankind said:

Last of us 2 is not perma. Permadeath is supposed to be permant death, which means start over from scratch...

Last of us 2 is a joke, the whole thing. Will never waste a 10£ on it. Its not by far worthy enough to be in my collection👍

They have permanent death in the game though. Just make sure the Permadeath option is set to whole game and you'll start over from scratch when you die. 

Good news, although don't really interested in the new mode. I play TLOU for the story, not a fan of just shooting enemies for hours without any emotions or good characters involved. I mean, ND makes fantastic games, but the gameplay on itself doesn't carry the game and every fan knows that. I loved U2 online, but TLOU not so much, since the game relies a lot on the connection between the main couple and everything you are able to do to survive.

I'm surprised anyways at the amount of comments anything related to Naughty Dog can come up with lol

8 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

TLOU 2 remaster will have an insta platinum auto pop . Sad that they did not put trophies for the lost levels or the rogue mode. When I play it again (not sure). I will definitely play them. 

It could be like Uncharted 1-3 Remastered, where brutal and speed run were dlc trophies.

• Like 3