What's the biggest mistake you've made in Gaming?

Kazeh54

Does that mean you didn't like The Last of Us?  :o  :o

If so, why? 

-shocked to finally hear someone didn't like it-

I just couldn't get into it, the story and the whole environment etc really interested me, but when I came to play the game I didn't enjoy it. I'm not one for stealth games anyways, so maybe that doesn't help. I looked forward to the game for months and months, maybe that built up too high an expectation who knows?

• Like 2

Becoming addicted to accomplishments, be it trophies or achievements. These things have not only forced me to purchase a crap ton of games, but devices as well -- be it the Vita (three times), the Windows Phone (HTC HD7), GFWL/Steam games, etc.

Hell, I've probably had a total of four Xbox 360s and six/seven PS3s (and one PS4) within the past eight years, not because any of them were broken, but because I decided to go back and forth in an attempt to work on the dreaded backlog.

Going to assumed that I've probably spend no short of $100,000 on this generation of gaming alone; nevermind all the crap I'd purchased on previous consoles or handhelds.

• Like 3

Years ago when playing Ocarina of Time I had the 3 spiritual stones and actually thought that the next thing to happen would be the final boss fight. I brought my brother in the room to watch me beat the game, only to find out that I only did the first part of the game and there was a lot more to do. :shakefist: They still laugh at me for that whenever they get the chance. :blush:

• Like 3

Buying an Xbox 360, which for the most part has been collecting dust.... maybe it isn't.... if it weren't for that, I wouldn't have played Alan Wake, Fable II, or Dust: An Elysian Tail. But then again, the later two have PC ports, and I don't have a PC capable of playing games.... I bought Fable III and it was horrible... so yeah, maybe it really was a big mistake I made in gaming.

Also, I was playing story mode on Soul Calibur IV only to end up losing repeatedly. I got so frustrated I threw my PS2 controller on the floor every time I got my ass kicked by the AI, and soon it broke. I'm terrible in fighting games; all I can do is mash the buttons; I'm that stupid and impatient.

Edited by ROBOCRIPPLE_

The biggest mistake I can think of would be in Skyrim. I was about 90 hours in I had the main story completed, had done a ton of sidequests and dungeons, and without realizing its importance I sold the thieves guild armor you get when you first join up with them. It was much much later when I was going for the trophy where you "return the guild to its former glory" when I realized that you needed that lame armor in order to become the guild leader. This left me without the trophy and after about 140 hours in on that character I was cut off from the platinum:(

• Like 1

The biggest mistake I can think of would be in Skyrim. I was about 90 hours in I had the main story completed, had done a ton of sidequests and dungeons, and without realizing its importance I sold the thieves guild armor you get when you first join up with them. It was much much later when I was going for the trophy where you "return the guild to its former glory" when I realized that you needed that lame armor in order to become the guild leader. This left me without the trophy and after about 140 hours in on that character I was cut off from the platinum:(

I'm fairly certain you

1. Have 2 sets of those available to you

2. Just need to do a buttload of sidequests from the guild guys

3. Aren't required to have the armor at all

I have over 500+ hours clocked on skyrim and my original save sold the thieves guild armor after I got the nightingale set, and eventually far better sets. Then went back and still got it. 

Personally my biggest mistake is probably, trophy wise, loading any EA game and burn zombie burn. Game-wise, (well it wasn't really my own mistake, more an internet issue) I was on the very last days of a faction in TLOU-Multiplayer (the 82nd through 84th) and got disconnected three times in a row. Seeing as a dcon also counts as a day completion I was left with 100% of my population dying, which means I had to do all 84 matches over again for that side.. That was a pain in the ass.

I'm fairly certain you

1. Have 2 sets of those available to you

2. Just need to do a buttload of sidequests from the guild guys

3. Aren't required to have the armor at all

I have over 500+ hours clocked on skyrim and my original save sold the thieves guild armor after I got the nightingale set, and eventually far better sets. Then went back and still got it. 

Personally my biggest mistake is probably, trophy wise, loading any EA game and burn zombie burn. Game-wise, (well it wasn't really my own mistake, more an internet issue) I was on the very last days of a faction in TLOU-Multiplayer (the 82nd through 84th) and got disconnected three times in a row. Seeing as a dcon also counts as a day completion I was left with 100% of my population dying, which means I had to do all 84 matches over again for that side.. That was a pain in the ass.

Wow, I'm gonna have to definitely go back and try that. After reading several guides and learning about my "mistake" I kind of gave up on that platinum (for a while at least) so if that's true I may be able to get it after all. Thanks for the tip.

i got to say buying a xbox 360... dont know why i did this because i was always happy with sony and their products.. so i sold the xbox soon after i got it :rolleyes:

believing in promises of EA ... and buying BF4.. which looked so good and became such a mess -_-