XBOX and PC Exclusive - Indiana Jones and the Great Circle - From Bethesda & Machine Games

the_game_nerd

Indiana Jones and the Great Circle going to be a Xbox/PC exclusive.

Thoughts on the game and it not coming to Playstation?

Personally I'm a bit bummed as it would be cool to play and get trophies for, but i think eventually it will come to PS.  I can't see this "xbox exclusive Bethesda games" thing lasting too long.

• Like 3

I would be so bummed if this was a PlayStation tentpole title because it looks wonky and is in first person. Having Machine Games, who are famous for Wolfenstein, make it was probably a mistake. It just doesn't fit in first person. And having Troy Baker fake Harrison Ford's voice is just....why? At least they didn't AI his voice, I guess, but jeez. 

I agree that these ABK games will likely end up on PlayStation eventually. Maybe not all of them and it will probably take a year or so, but some of them will be on PlayStation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yowzagabowza said:

I would be so bummed if this was a PlayStation tentpole title because it looks wonky and is in first person. Having Machine Games, who are famous for Wolfenstein, make it was probably a mistake. It just doesn't fit in first person. And having Troy Baker fake Harrison Ford's voice is just....why? At least they didn't AI his voice, I guess, but jeez. 

I'm not a fan of the movies so no hype there, but these 2 things just sting the eyes and ears... First person looks weird in this. Maybe because I'm mentally comparing it to games like Uncharted, but it looks like the added first person mode in a third person game, in GTA for example. 

And frankly, they've used younger Ford's likeness, might as well do the AI voice to complete the picture. I love Troy Baker, but he just sounds like Troy Baker so far, which is unusual. 

I'll check it out once it launches but I don't see myself being blown away. 

Edited by the1andonly654

2 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

All of the Indiana Jones movies have really cool and epic sounding names (ok, Dial of Destiny isn't that great of a name). This game sounds like Indy is going to be teaming up with Zippy the Circle or something.

The real enemy aren't nazis but shovelware...

• Haha 2

It seems like a strange choice to use first person especially since they got permission to use Harrison Ford's face. And with famous franchises like Tomb Raider and Uncharted dominating the Action/Adventure genre and establishing its rules for years, it feels like when Fast and Furious tried to compete with Need for Speed.

• Like 2

The thing I want to know is why first person? You'd think with the success of Tomb Raider and Uncharted and how they played, they'd have the game in third person, I understand Bethesda is behind this but an Indiana Jones game in first person doesn't make sense

Edited by ZachBoardyHD
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

The thing I want to know is why first person? You'd think with the success of Tomb Raider and Uncharted and how they played, they'd have the game in third person, I understand Bethesda is behind this but an Indiana Jones game in first person doesn't make sense

The given reason is that first person is the studio's 'DNA' and it is part of the creative vision of making you 'be Indy'. The cynical and likely accurate reason is that a game being third person means there are a lot more animations you have to do. Said animation quality will naturally be compared to the games you mentioned and others, and the likely result is looking bad by comparison.

• Like 2