No physical edition for Lara Croft Tomb Raider Remastered Trilogy PS4 & PS5

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Boo :(. I hate digital exclusives so will wait until there's a massive discount, before pulling the trigger on one of them.

Like added to one of the Plus tiers kind of discount? That’s generally how I approach non-physical releases.

1 hour ago, MetalFearbringer said:

It is disappointing indeed. Again, I wished companies would be more considerate when it comes to physical releases.

Ideas:

- Make physical a tad more expensive than digital

- Release physical 6 months after initial release

- Have collectors edition for physical only

I would be ok with these kind of compromises. But greed and laziness seems to be taking over gaming world unfortunately.

I have always felt that digital should be priced lower than physical. I’m not a huge fan of small releases of collectors editions. It’s ok in select cases, but not a viable alternative to physical releases in general. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Like added to one of the Plus tiers kind of discount? That’s generally how I approach non-physical releases.

Any kind of major discount will do if it also applies to the PS Plus Essentials tier, since I have zero interest in the other tiers.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, iriihutoR84 said:

LimitedRunGames is owned by Embracer and so is Tomb Raider. I'd like to imagine it could happen in the future after they've gotten their digital sales. 

That's definitely it.

This is a strategy to have LRG publish the physical release later.

• Like 2

That figures. I almost pre-ordered this from the PS Store right after Christmas to at least take advantage of that 10% discount. But was like "what am I doing? I want this on disc", and stropped. I guess now I need to hope LRG does it...I've never bought anything from them, but this one might be the exception. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cerber108 said:

But people will buy it nontheless for full price.

And?

I get why people poo-poo on the digital-only future we're headed in and for the most part, are already in, but I'm not going to sacrifice and miss out playing games I want to play just because they're digital only. That's just not a valid enough reason for me. 

With that said, considering this is a remaster of classic games from a bygone era where most of the people that would be interested in these games from this era are hardcore physical media only enthusiasts and will not budge whatsoever on this mindset, they messed up mightily by not offering a physical option and it will destroy the sales for it. This is not the kind of game you'd want to test out going digital-only with. 

• Like 4

As it happens I pre-ordered the digital on the store that was discounted for Plus subscribers, however I would of liked a physical version for PS4 or something even if just to have in a collection.  We are the older gamers that played these games in our 20's [ speaking for myself here as some may have been younger ].   I think Digital only will only cause problems eventually so I don't agree with it [ licencing rights etc ] , the same with AI, I mean most of us a playing the Horizon series and look what happens when you put AI in the hands of bad power hungry people. 

• Like 3