Microsoft Games Are Going Third Party (Hi-Fi Rush/Pentiment/Sea of Thieves/Grounded release dates confirmed)

Rozalia1

4 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

As much as I hate to contribute to Phil Spencer’s retirement fund, I’m interested in Sea of Thieves and Pentiment.

It's really funny timing that SoT is coming right after Skull & Bones launched to a super average reception.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Because no one actually gives a shit.

You say whatever you want and talk like a James Bond villain, I reply with whatever and call you a clown but then nothing of what either of us says has any effect on the real world. Why would any rational person waste their time jumping in the middle of this?

I'm glad you agree that you have nothing to contribute. It should be no trouble to stop polluting the thread then.

Also, you don't get to do posts as large as you do and as often, and then claim that you just don't care hence why you won't respond to others when they expose your lies. Calm yourself and actually take to heart what you're saying. If none of this matters then you shouldn't be so mad about it. 

41 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Because fuck optimization? I guess when you're used to another company pushing out unoptimized ports, you expect everyone else to also.

If Witcher 3 and Crysis can be ported to Switch, then something like HFR is a non-issue. Tango most likely intentionally focused on optimizing for the PS5 first since they're familiar with PS5 architecture from doing Tokyo Ghostwire.

Edit:

Physical copies for Hi-Fi Rush and Pentiment will be coming from Limited Run Games (ugh...)

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/pentiment

https://bethesda.net/en/article/4EFSSM7yky5YtXxLybpv9k/hi-fi-rush-comes-to-playstation-5-on-march-19

Once again, trying to turn something around to attack PlayStation.

13 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

That’s at least partially because your threads reek of the same thing the censorship threads reeked of: Anyone that doesn’t fall in line with your narrative is borderline harassed until they stop posting. You don’t want anyone on your threads that doesn’t agree with your dramatic spin as your reply history has shown. 

Many of us don’t care for the crafted and overly anthropomorphized projections and are just skimming to parse if there actual factual events being presented and then dipping out of all the needless drama. 

I understand getting upvotes feeds confirmation bias and people equate that to being more correct, but sometimes people just don’t care enough about the arguments to click a button.

Microsoft is releasing four Xbox games on other platforms. 14 pages later, we’ve learned what they are. And as was said in the announcement there will likely be more. That’s a whole lot of pages of saying not much at all so the content bar is pretty low and calling other people out to stop posting on this rambling thread is a bit out of line. 

I've stated that certain game's censorship isn't a bad thing and in fact was better than uncensored and guess what, I didn't get 'harassed'. A key element is posting in a reasonable manner and being able to respect others. Posting lies, ignoring corrections of your lies, and then throwing out insults? Not reasonable behaviour. As for 'harassment', I've not conspired with anyone within or outside this thread in doing anything. On the other hand, out of @mcnichoj's own chicken lips we've been told that he and a number of other people have discussed in private about how much they hate me, are scared of me, fancy me, whatever.

Okay now, you had your bimonthly pop at me instead of you know, doing as I asked and just telling me in private what your issues with me are so we can have a discussion. This thread is about the obvious topic of Xbox's multiplatform games. Surely, you realise that trying to make the thread about me isn't correct yes. Good.

• Like 1

I'd like to once again mention how I was completely right and Microsoft are anything but a threat to Sony due to their massive incompetence, to the point where they're releasing their own exclusives on competing platforms - they might not be the next SEGA but they'll end up being a slightly more involved in hardware version of SEGA at this rate. All of Rozalia's alarmism over that stupid acquisition was completely unwarranted.

That said, I'll take all the Forzas and Forza Horizons, Sunset Overdrive, Hi-Fi Rush, Gears of War (if they don't release the rumored remasters on PC first, that is), ReCore and whatever Arkane and Id release from now on, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Rozalia1 said:

Surely, you realise that trying to make the thread about me isn't correct yes.

This entire thread is a thinly veiled attempted to perpetuate your narratives, it started and you make sure it stays all about you. 

Clearly you didn’t understand anything I previously replied with. I can only explain it, I can’t understand it for you. 

Microsoft is taking a small step to porting a couple of games as a test. Of course there will be more, but the crazy spin here that rivals the fiction of Wrestling story arcs is completely overblown. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Valtekken173 said:

I'd like to once again mention how I was completely right and Microsoft are anything but a threat to Sony due to their massive incompetence, to the point where they're releasing their own exclusives on competing platforms - they might not be the next SEGA but they'll end up being a slightly more involved in hardware version of SEGA at this rate. All of Rozalia's alarmism over that stupid acquisition was completely unwarranted.

That said, I'll take all the Forzas and Forza Horizons, Sunset Overdrive, Hi-Fi Rush, Gears of War (if they don't release the rumored remasters on PC first, that is), ReCore and whatever Arkane and Id release from now on, I guess.

Wow, they keep coming out of the woodwork. Almost like a message went out to a group...

At no point was I 'alarmed' (scared) about the acquisition of ABK. My view was that they'd most likely mess it up as they always do, but that I'd rather not take the chance and not see studios be damaged by being acquired. Those who followed my posts within that thread know this.

Just now, DaivRules said:

This entire thread is a thinly veiled attempted to perpetuate your narratives, it started and you make sure it stays all about you. 

Clearly you didn’t understand anything I previously replied with. I can only explain it, I can’t understand it for you. 

Microsoft is taking a small step to porting a couple of games as a test. Of course there will be more, but the crazy spin here that rivals the fiction of Wrestling story arcs is completely overblown. 

It was so about me that everyone was having no problem posting about the topic for double digit pages, nor do most have an issue right now. I will now ask you nicely also, please stop. I'm not the topic of the thread and I will say once again, if you have problems with me then please message me okay. Though, it seems clear that you do not want to have a positive standing with me, which, whatever.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Wow, they keep coming out of the woodwork. Almost like a message went out to a group...

At no point was I 'alarmed' (scared) about the acquisition of ABK. My view was that they'd most likely mess it up as they always do, but that I'd rather not take the chance and not see studios be damaged by being acquired. Those who followed my posts within that thread know this.

First, "alarmism" doesn't mean you personally are alarmed. It means you're trying to make the situation look worse than it did and alarm OTHERS. Second, accusing me of shilling for Microsoft ("a message went out to a group" is exactly that, don't try to retract that like I misunderstood) is just bs with zero proof. Third, you keep saying that they'd mess it up and that you'd rather not take the chance, but that's also nonsense. Activision Blizzard has damaged its studios for ages, and Microsoft acquiring those studios can at worst keep up that same style of governance with the related consequences. I personally was of the opinion that at least ONE thing could get better, namely Kotick getting booted the fuck out of there, and I was right on that count. Can't tell on everything else, but considering current events at this point I can hope that Activision's entire catalogue keeps on getting releases on PS5, PS6 and whatever following console.

I understand it's appealing to think everyone with a different opinion compared to yours is part of some astroturfing crack team paid by MS to damage control or whatever, but this is not the case here. I've owned almost exclusively PS consoles for a lifetime and only relatively recently (December 2019) I've purchased an Xbox One. To this day, PlayStation is my main platform. I just happen to dislike (as I've previously said already) your style of reporting and analysing these news. You always come off as if you have some kind of personal grudge against Microsoft and you keep on going on about some kind of endtimes scenario where Microsoft will kill the entire gaming industry, and I find it not conducive to a proper discussion on the consequences of these events for the gaming industry at large. Tone it down and you will get exactly zero criticism from me because I don't even disagree with many of your points.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valtekken173 said:

Second, accusing me of shilling for Microsoft ("a message went out to a group" is exactly that, don't try to retract that like I misunderstood) is just bs with zero proof.

Except of course:

On 2/16/2024 at 6:23 PM, mcnichoj said:

People are buying PS5 for brand recognition, exclusives are just extra software that happens to be available to them.

I call someone cringe when they're being cringe. I believe I acknowledged this person was smart in the past but it's so insanely off putting that they have to follow up anything smart they say with toddler level comments. It's constant. I know people on here that have zero interest in the Xbox brand also are put off by that.

It was a reference to this. Your attack on me as a crazy hinges on the above misunderstanding so I'm going to let it go, though it certainly would be nice for you to retract it. Though of course do whatever you want.

• Like 1

I see so many anti-XBOX comments - full of spite and sarcasm - and I really don't get it, lads; honestly, I don't.

I was a true XBOX enthusiast for the original (2002) and the 360, skipping only the One (the worst one, so far...) for several reasons (job, moving house, little time...).

On the contrary, PlayStation really got on my nerves at the end of the PS2 era, so that I never really thought about buying the 3 (I skipped the whole generation) and I had been meaning to skip also the 4... but, thanks to Sensei Kojima, I changed my mind and I bought the Limited Edition Death Stranding PS4 Pro (black and white), on Day-One in November 2019... and I'm still using it.

However, Sony's approach towards us customers, well... it has been sucking a**es ever since (that's is why I still struggle to find a good reason to buy the PS5... in addition to the fact that the Fat was horrible and the Slim looks like a joke).

Get it right, people:

- SONY IS NOT THE GOOD ONE IN THIS STORY;

- SONY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT US.

They just want their money and it's up to us to pay for their service... if it's worth it.

At the moment, only Death Stranding 2 might convince me... and maybe I will in 2025.

Maybe.

I still use my beautiful PS4 Pro and I have plenty of backlog for the months to come.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Eraezr said:

Looks like LRG is doing the physical release for Hi-Fi Rush - Xbox (don't see the point considering their anti-physical stance) and PS5.

They have those left over game cases after shutting down their physical games department and it would be weird if a heavily marketed Xbox game didn't get a physical copy while other platforms did. Then other factors like GamePass so maybe Xbox players that didn't buy it but enjoyed the game already "for free" will have no issue actually buying the game if they wanted to own it, so MS is dipping into some Xbox players pockets twice in a sense.

1 hour ago, Rozalia1 said:

It was a reference to this. Your attack on me as a crazy hinges on the above misunderstanding so I'm going to let it go, though it certainly would be nice for you to retract it. Though of course do whatever you want.

You spread misinformation about some supposed chat about you because of my empathetic musings?

53 minutes ago, DiegoDolmetscher said:

I see so many anti-XBOX comments - full of spite and sarcasm - and I really don't get it, lads; honestly, I don't.

I do get it to a degree. Some of these people have close associations with these brands that they built up from childhood. Nintendo/PlayStation/Xbox/Sega/Atari/whoever is like a friend to them. So obviously you're going to stick up for your friend if you think they're being picked on. Now someone sees big 'ol mean Xbox being a bully and taking a Call of Duty toy away from their friend PlayStation, they're gonna go defend them.

Another thing to consider is people might have had a bad experience with a brands product in the past and they let that drive their whole feelings for the brand. You've probably heard someone before say how they bought something and it was broken out the box or broke a week later and how they no longer use that companies products. Microsoft is more than just Xbox, so someone might hate the Xbox brand by extension of some issue they had relating to a Windows product.

I hate that some people take this to the extreme but it is what it is.

I personally hate Sony starting some time post PS3 release (mainly around the time when they started shutting down their own games servers because I liked those games) but I didn't let that stop me from getting their last three consoles on launch day or playing their games. I would never get mad at where people choose to play games (lmao at anyone that does) but I do feel saddened when I hear that people deprive themselves of games they want for being on different consoles. So many people in here asking for various old Xbox games when you can find old games and consoles for super cheap or just emulate them. Buy a SteamDeck, it can run GameCube, PS2, Xbox and everything before those in an enjoyable state.

I recently experience Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2x on the Xbox emulator. Never knew this game existed, I had only played the older ones on PlayStation, N64 and DreamCast. It's a remake that puts the THPS3 engine into 2 and adds the stages from THPS1 as post game unlockables. This game was never ported so I can't imagine how much it would suck for someone that's a THPS fan to avoid playing this game due to an arbitrary hatred towards a console brand.

As Squall would say though; "Whatever."

BACK ON TOPIC!

Sea of Thieves PS5 Teaser Trailer

So glad that PlayStation userbase can join the millions of active players already playing Sea of Thieves!😊

spacer.png

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, ZombiJoel_Tlou3 said:

Well kojimbo doesn't care about you either yet you still will buy his fedex simulator

KOJIMA is a tremendously talented developer... one of the few in the worldwide industry.

Personally, he never failed me a single time, delivering all his games in the since the '90s.

So, if the price to pay (for playing his next game, of course) is buying the PS5 Pro (hopefully, it will come out in 9 months)... well, I'm fine with that.

But Sony won't see my money so easily, after voluntarily worsening the Playstation Plus service and milking us players as cows.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

They have those left over game cases after shutting down their physical games department and it would be weird if a heavily marketed Xbox game didn't get a physical copy while other platforms did. Then other factors like GamePass so maybe Xbox players that didn't buy it but enjoyed the game already "for free" will have no issue actually buying the game if they wanted to own it, so MS is dipping into some Xbox players pockets twice in a sense.

You spread misinformation about some supposed chat about you because of my empathetic musings?

I do get it to a degree. Some of these people have close associations with these brands that they built up from childhood. Nintendo/PlayStation/Xbox/Sega/Atari/whoever is like a friend to them. So obviously you're going to stick up for your friend if you think they're being picked on. Now someone sees big 'ol mean Xbox being a bully and taking a Call of Duty toy away from their friend PlayStation, they're gonna go defend them.

Another thing to consider is people might have had a bad experience with a brands product in the past and they let that drive their whole feelings for the brand. You've probably heard someone before say how they bought something and it was broken out the box or broke a week later and how they no longer use that companies products. Microsoft is more than just Xbox, so someone might hate the Xbox brand by extension of some issue they had relating to a Windows product.

I hate that some people take this to the extreme but it is what it is.

I personally hate Sony starting some time post PS3 release (mainly around the time when they started shutting down their own games servers because I liked those games) but I didn't let that stop me from getting their last three consoles on launch day or playing their games. I would never get mad at where people choose to play games (lmao at anyone that does) but I do feel saddened when I hear that people deprive themselves of games they want for being on different consoles. So many people in here asking for various old Xbox games when you can find old games and consoles for super cheap or just emulate them. Buy a SteamDeck, it can run GameCube, PS2, Xbox and everything before those in an enjoyable state.

I recently experience Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2x on the Xbox emulator. Never knew this game existed, I had only played the older ones on PlayStation, N64 and DreamCast. It's a remake that puts the THPS3 engine into 2 and adds the stages from THPS1 as post game unlockables. This game was never ported so I can't imagine how much it would suck for someone that's a THPS fan to avoid playing this game due to an arbitrary hatred towards a console brand.

As Squall would say though; "Whatever."

BACK ON TOPIC!

Sea of Thieves PS5 Teaser Trailer

So glad that PlayStation userbase can join the millions of active players already playing Sea of Thieves!😊

spacer.png

Yes, I see you're point and I agree.

The thing that I can't abide is when people only see the good in one company and voluntarily turn a blind eye on the bad. Look at the situation in Europe, for instance:

Europe has always been mainly Playstation-ruled since the end of the 90's... and that is why when you try to criticise Sony (rightfully, since every paying customer has the right to do so) you get easily insulted, especially here in Italy (paradoxical... to say the least); on the contrary, mocking XBOX has been the unofficial "national sport" for years (even though the vast majority of people I know uses the GamePass on PC).

I would like to see more constructive criticism for any system (even Nintendo or the "Master-Race" PC), that's it.

No company is perfect and they all want to make profits.

Customers always have to pay and their loyalty is sometimes "blind".

Playing without barriers or hate should be the priority... and that's why I think Phil Spencer has understood this way before Sony and Nintendo (yes, I like very much the idea of former-exclusives arriving also on Switch and PlayStation).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Except of course:

I didn't even read the rest of the thread, dude. It's still an accusation of shilling, no matter how you put it. All this detail does is turn it from an accusation of receiving a direct message from MS to an accusation of receiving a message from MS sent by proxy. I also never attacked you directly or said or even implied you're crazy. What I said, VERY SPECIFICALLY, was "it's appealing to think that everyone with a different opinion compared to yours is part of some astroturfing crack team paid by MS to damage control". This was meant to highlight the fact that there's a weirdly paranoid (NOT crazy, "paranoid", which is a characteristic sane people can have) slant towards the current events, and as I said, I'd just like you to discuss them without that slant and with a more moderate and cold tone. It'll make for a better discussion with everyone here, that's all.

Edited by Valtekken173
  • Like 1

Some of the threads here most of the times de-rail into virtual fist fights........like the usual pub brawls with drunken patrons.

But going to the Microsoft thing, i always wanted to play hi-fi rush and maybe the ori and the blind forest.

Edited by Axeman_Phoenix
  • Like 1

The transition to MS being a publisher wouldn't be surprising. It would cut their massive losses and streamline their profits. I could also envision them exiting the hardware business and provide gamepass as a streaming platform only. Time will tell.