What is the furthest you have ever gone for a platinum?

Once I controlled 2 racers at the same time in split-screen mode in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. My wife did the same thing sitting beside me so we can finish race with 1-4 places for the trophy. Luckily she loves karting and all stuff. We trained 4 days before we could do it. Now it is special platinum in my collection.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ozymandias1994 said:

Once I controlled 2 racers at the same time in split-screen mode in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. My wife did the same thing sitting beside me so we can finish race with 1-4 places for the trophy. Luckily she loves karting and all stuff. We trained 4 days before we could do it. Now it is special platinum in my collection.

Haha this sounds awesome! Glad yous got there in the end. Sounds like a fun challenge and a fun memory.

4 minutes ago, TheDarkKratos said:

He must have a legendary internet connection then🤣

I once had 4 x PS4's setup to boost Air Mech Arena. But my net wasn't strong enough, so friend of mine hosted, and I used 3 x PS4's.

I have also self-boosted many games over the last few years. Just with 2 x consoles. Examples - DBFZ, Bomberman R, Primal Carnage.

I was thinking the same lol! Mine would definitely not home up. Awesome man that sounds like a challenge glad you got them done in the end. 

• Like 2

I've stayed up for nights getting the Mary Skelter Nightmares Plat Trophy. I would die forgetting to save so instead of giving up I'd play it when I had breaks during class and then pulled all-nighters to get the Plat for Mary Skelter Nightmares. Now I'm striving for Mary Skelter Finale.

Edited by x49ersblitzkreig
I forgot to add an r in striving.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Oh, boy. Here we go...

I imported four copies of a crappy japanese pachinko game, got four tubro controllers, set up four PS3s on one screen through a quad-HDMI multi viewer and let them run around the clock. One max ball game is around 13 hours, so I had a timer for when I would reset the game, even in the middle of the night. That made me get the platinum in roughly 400+ days...

I did the same with boosting the multiplayer trophies in Chronicles of Riddick (still havent got the plat)

And I helped a friend by being 10 of the players in his MotoGP 09/10 multiplayer lobby. I could have done them all since I now have 17 PS3.

When we where boosting Snipers, I couldn't get the normal discs so I had to buy the Collectors Edition three times, incl. now owning three Move rifles.

I recently also rented a place just so I could play Hot Wheels Rift Rally because I don't have enough space is my gaming room.

Will have to rent it again since I didn't get the plat, but it's only €40 for a whole day.

The next project is getting a friend and playing on two of my Vitas each to get the Dynasty Warriors Next co-op trophies.

You win this thread man holy shit 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozymandias1994 said:

I did the same thing, the difference is that I did it with 3 controls at the same time with an elastic band holding R2 while the ex-girlfriend played with one. 😂

49 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Since I now have 17 PS3.

Sick number!!! TBH I have "only" 9 (two of them are from my Final Fantasy Collection (FF7AC 160GB, FF13 white (I still want to buy the black on)) - but your "selfboost" possibilities are amazing ;).

For sure I didn't have such awesome actions like @grifteskymfning, but:

- bought 3 additionals Vitas just to selfboost kills in Wipeout 2048,

- selfboosted "Snipers" as well (2 normal and 1 Collector's Edition) on 3 PS3s on 3 screens,

- used 3 copies of Uncharted 3 to help to fill the lobby while boosting MP DLCs trophies,

- bought second set for "DJ Hero" just to get the wins in MP ;),

- left 2 PS3 for almost 2 weeks 24/7 for quasi self-boosting of "Dive Kick",

- have 3xHORI FPS+ turbo pads used for example for "Virtua Fighter" and mentioned "Dive Kick" boosts,

- "HAD" to buy "NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHALLENGE!" US version since EU is glitched,

- long time ago wanted to have finally some fastest time in any game, so I spent ~18h straight playing "Jeopardy!" on PS3 - that was bloody exhausting,

Plans:

-already completed second set of PSVR for selfboosting some PSVR games (Eagle Flight mostly),

-I would LOVE to buy Virzoom bike...

Edited by Smashero
Typos...
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Sick number!!! TBH I have "only" 9 (two of them are from my Final Fantasy Collection (FF7AC 160GB, FF13 white (I still want to buy the black on)) - but your "sefboost" possibilities are amazing ;).

I have 15 black PS3 500GB Superslim for the boosting setup, one dark red to match the Metal Gear Solid PS4 in the bedroom and one white to match the white PS4 Pro and all the PS5s in the gaming room, haha.

• Haha 1

Just now, grifteskymfning said:

You should come visit me and we can have a race on my two PS3 Cyberbikes.

;) I also have Cyberbike for PS3 somehwere in the basement :D (never even used it...). But Virzoom is another level...
*Invitation accepted ;)

• Like 1

Sports Champions. It was the game that came with the PlayStation Move on the PS3. It even forced me to buy a second move controller. I would sit there for hours sweating like a pig trying to get all of the stars. I forget which game it was, but I hurt my shoulder while playing and had to take a small break before I could continue. I eventually got it done, but there is a good reason why that is as rare as it is.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Sports Champions. It was the game that came with the PlayStation Move on the PS3. It even forced me to buy a second move controller. I would sit there for hours sweating like a pig trying to get all of the stars. I forget which game it was, but I hurt my shoulder while playing and had to take a small break before I could continue. I eventually got it done, but there is a good reason why that is as rare as it is.

This is my most recent plat and i just have to say, you nailed it.

• Like 1