Recommend Me Some Fun PS3 Platinums

Nekket_

I currently have one platinum to my name, and I’m looking to change that!

I know about the TellTale games and their incredibly straightforward platinums, but I’m looking for something that poses a bit more of a challenge while not being overly difficult. 

Exclusively PS3 games, please. If there are any online trophies, let me know if the servers are still up or if they’re P2P like the Tekken games. 

• Like 3

Rayman Origins
Under Defeat HD
Sly Cooper - Thieves in Time

Enslaved : Oddysey to the West

House of the Dead - Overkill (Playstation Move)

I believe all these games have only offline trophies.

Edited by dJordman
  • Like 2

The Borderlands games are decent enough on the PS3 (though I recommend playing the PS4 versions due to the better framerate and stability), then there's Catherine, The Saboteur, Fallout 3 (though both games can be really unstable), the Earth Defense Force games, Dishonored, The Secret of Monkey Island Collection, Afrika and Duke Nukem Forever.

• Like 1

I had a blast with Mafia 2 and L.A Noire (this one is more slow-paced), the amazing Spiderman (the 1st one, the 2nd is an abomination compared to), also Army of two (any of them,you can go solo but is more fun coop imo)

• Like 1

Resistance 3(with second controller or a friend in the same ps3), Tomb Raider(servers still but you have to farm levels), Minecraft, any Lego games(avengers, jurassic world, harry potter, etc.) , Infamous, Assasins Creed 2, Uncharted 1 2 and 3.

• Like 2

I would recommend the likes of Remember Me, Spec Ops: The Line and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. All great PlayStation 3 titles that unfortunately got no further love (I believe MGR was, or perhaps still is, available on PlayStation Now, however, I don't have access to PSNow on this side of the world so I cannot say for sure).

• Like 3

The Saboteur

Bioshock 1,2 and infinite

Fallout 3 and Fallout NV

Uncharted 1,2,3

Mafia 2

All very good and fun games with quite easy and straightforward plats. Have fun if you go for some of these!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I’m currently playing Enslaved, I titled I just played like 10 years ago or something. Apart from the obvious aging and some quirky control on the platforming sections, it’s better than I remember. The combat gameplay is quite satisfactory.

That gen saw quite a lot of GoW imitators like this one, Dante’s Inferno, Castlevania LoS, etc. They don’t do games like these nowadays anymore…

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Stockton572 said:

I really highly recommend Puppeteer. It's a 2D platformer in the same vein as Rayman or Donkey Kong Country. Platinum takes a fair amount of time, but that time has so much damn whimsy in it. The game's just a blast.

Hell yeah.... I haven't put the time in for the plat (as of yet) but it is indeed a belter... I would also say vibes of early little big planet in terms of the tone and whimsy....However, it'll cost you nowadays, but I think its on PSN 

28 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

Alice: Madness Returns (has free DLC)

ICO

Majin & the Forsaken Kingdom

Prince of Persia 2008 (has paid DLC)

Tales of Graces, Xillia, Xillia 2

^ Your mans top choice....... Alice the madness returns.  So ledge (to me). It's niche, it's getting costly, it's not on PSN..... and damn I'm an idiot for selling my copy. 

The two chaps before me beat me to my two suggestions but one I don't think anyone has mentioned... Lolipop Chainsaw!

Again I haven't put in the time for the plat but it's fun, a bit tongue in cheek, a hack n slasher with a cheerleader with a chainsaw.... get stuck in!!!.... but (with in in-take of breath and shaking head)  It'll cost you nowdays lol 

I'll throw in one more cause I'm chill like that...... FF13 series, gasp! they're not the best FF sure but they have an allure .  Lightning is a straight ledge, fairly easy plats, still can be played in the OG FF manner (sort of), they are cheap-ish... they got a hard rap at the time but if you're still playing ps3 (i'd do on occasion once the the dust has been blown off) then fire up the old girl and get these discs spinning! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JaneAusten69 said:

Deadpool and Darksiders I and II come to mind.  Shouldn't have any online trophies for those.

Except Darksiders II have an online trophy that has been unobtainable for about 8 years now...

• Like 2

• Demon's Souls
  • Doom 3
  • Vanquish
  • Dungeon Defenders
  • Eye of Judgment
  • Singularity (online)
  • Dead Nation
  • Borderlands 2
  • Dragon's Crown
  • Dead Space
  • Splatterhouse