What is the scariest game you've ever played?

It's a multi-way tie for me between Doom 1, Doom 2, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3, Alien Trilogy and the original Project Zero, because all of them have scared the crap out of me at some point.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

Resident Evil 1 back in the day. I use to get my brother to play it for me because I couldn't handle opening the doors and having that loading screen and suspense when I was like 9. Them dogs jumping out got me every time as well 

P.T. was scary as hell as well when I first played it and wish they made that into a game. 

Until Dawn: Rush of Blood scared me so much the first time I fell over 😂 not a big fan of clowns. 

Edited by Hitman_Spinksy1
  • Like 2

Resident-Evil-7-cover.jpg

One of my favorite games of all time and the scariest game i've played.

still hard for me to play this game in a dark room lol😅

Edited by OmriStyle27
  • Like 1

I found Resident Evil 7, Lone Survivor, Outlast, Soma, Inscryption and Amnesia: The Dark Descent to all be pretty creepy in places…

…though probably he most successfully unnerving game I can recall is Immortality.

• Like 3

The original Dead Space, on PS3. That first encounter with the immortal necromorph on chapter 5 even stopped me from playing any further for a while… Such bad memories for my pants.

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 2

As a kid, I used to watch my cousin and then my dad play the PS1 Resident Evil games. I had to accumulate a lot of courage to even start them. Especially Resident Evil 3. The music that starts playing when Nemesis appears would terrify me.

Later, Silent Hill 1 and 2 would become the scariest games to me, they'd instill a different kind of fear compared to RE.

A single moment that takes the cake in terms of catching me off guard was the first underground location in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl with one of these guys. It worked so well because it was unexpected. This guy was a memorable encounter as well. This game crafted these intense heartbeat-raising parts very well. 

And that was it. No other game has managed to scare me in the last, I don't know, 10-15 years.

• Like 4