Most Recent Platinum

Muff

38 minutes ago, EIdain said:

That's a great platinum screenshot, which trophy did you do last to get this?

Thanks bro ? and it's the photobomb trophy that requires you to take a photo; best saved for last if you have a perfect spot planned for your platinum image. 

• Like 1

:platinum: #516 Flowers winter edition

1Lb69294.png

Complete
Win all trophies

:platinum: #515 Autumns Journey

1Lf93607.png

Platinum Journey
Get all other trophies.

:platinum: #514 How to make a popular voice actor

1Lcc9777.png

complete
You have won all trophies.

:platinum: #513 Batu Ta Batu

1L87ee87.png

Platinum
Get all the trophies

:platinum: #512 Donut County

1Lb47377.png

All Done
Unlock all trophies.

I loved this game so much

:platinum: #511 Terminator Resisitance

1La1d917.png

No problemo
Acquire all the trophies.

Was okay will play the ps5 version I think as it was quiet short 

:platinum: #510 Loot Hero Dx

1L5818b4.png

Loot Hero
Get all other trophies.

:platinum: #509 Freddy Spaghetti Ps4

1L08c13b.png

Platinum Spaghetti
Get all other trophies

• Like 4

On 2/1/2021 at 3:15 AM, hittheroadbucky said:

L15c089.png
Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: 2/10

I absolutely love story based games and the plot of Man of Medan was probably one of my favourites. The first couple of playthroughs where I was trying to see all the outcomes were so fun and seeing the difference between theatrical cut and curators cut was so interesting! 

However, the trophy list for this game is pretty shocking. It requires far too many replays and you can’t skip the cutscenes. So for certain trophies (most notably for me calm junior down) you’ll be sitting there replying the same scenes over and over just to finish one QTE and it gets tedious pretty fast. I will admit though I probably did more full playthroughs than I had to and I probably could have been more efficient with my time 

Overall I’d say the game was 10/10 fun for me, but the trophy hunting did kind of lower the enjoyment. I definitely recommend picking it up if you’ve been curious to try though! 

I'm only avoiding trophy hunting this one because you have to play through it with someone else for some of the personality changes I think. )): For a story based game forced multi kinda sucks. Loved my playthrough of it though. 

Here's all the Platinums I got in January:

:platinum:  #31 Mekabolt (Vita)

Platinum Mekabolt

1Ld004a8.png

:platinum:  #32 Himno (Vita)

Platinum Himno

1L2f1ff2.png

Already Platinumed both Mekabolt and Himno on PS4 last year, but I wanted some games I could play in the background while watching AGDQ 2021 and remembered I still had the Vita versions left to complete.

:platinum:  #33 Donut County (PS4)

All Done

1Lb47377.png

Absolutely charming reverse Katamari. Had a lot of fun sucking up stuff and watching what would come next in the story.

:platinum:  #34 Octonaut (PS4)

Octo Star

1L02ca12.png

Decent shmup game. Felt like your hitbox was a little too big and some levels were really frustrating to navigate.

Edited by Spamlynguist
  • Like 3

L9a6b94.png

Sackboy: A Big Adventure

Enjoyment: 7/10

Difficulty: 5/10

A series known for its creativity gets another banger of a game, bogged down by some extremely tedious and obnoxious trophies.

Pros:

-Absolutely killer soundtrack

-Adorable visual design

-Wonderful and memorable characters

-Makes full use of the haptic feedback in the controller

-Creative level design on-par with Mario

Cons:

-The multiplayer is, frankly, stupid. I can only speak for the online version, but it's still barebones and seemed so shoehorned in. I mainly disliked it because of obnoxious trophies attached to it with acing 10 levels, which genuinely seemed impossible due to the constant lag and inexperience of the other players. I ended up having to use remote play with a PS4 controller to get the last few. The multiplayer-only stages aren't fun, and the only way they seem like multiplayer levels is that sometimes you both (or all of you) have to pull on something at the same time or throw another player a bit higher than a normal jump allows. It seemed so forced because the other games were so community-centric so they must've felt the need to put it in, but I believe this game would've been better off without it. At the very least don't make trophies attached to it.

-Trial 16, aka the ripsnorter and the String It Together trophy, is artificially difficult. It's all of the other trials combined into one long one. I get what they were doing for since a lot of 3D platformers have one final 'ultimate level', but this game already had one at the end of the wonderplane or whatever they called it. I know it's optional, but it seemed a bit much for me. It didn't take me a tremendous amount of time to get it, maybe a couple hours, but it wasn't that satisfying when I finished it. It felt more like an old-nes game, or another PS5 game like Demons Souls, in which they made the level stupidly hard just for the sake of a challenge. It's the equivalent of you trying to balance a spinning basketball on your fingers, but as you do it someone is throwing chairs at you.

-The 300 costume grind nearly killed the joy of the game for me, along with acing 10 levels in multiplayer, because you have to go so far out of your way to get it. It's like getting all skills in Sekiro, you won't get it naturally and you'll have to boringly grind for it after you get everything else. Doing the 60-bells-a-second strategy is the most efficient, but mind-numbing and painful. I ended up going through a bunch of stages one by one and looking at a guide to grab the ones I missed solely because it was at least slightly more entertaining than the quicker method.

TL;DR: If it weren't for a couple terrible trophies and game design issues, the game would be a 10/10 for me. Play it casually to have fun, plat it to ruin it.

Edited by ChunkyKong64