Most Recent Platinum

Muff

L3f7521.png

1L177c17.png

#64: Dragon Sinker

Descendants of Legend (40.59% - Uncommon)

Obtained all trophies.

This Platinum was way more tedious than I expected.

Dragon Sinker is a kinda little known (Less than 2000 owners here on PSNP) JRPG that I played on my Vita; it was one of the several games that I bought last year on the Vita Store the very same day I got my Vita, and I bought it for two reasons: the first was that it was very cheap and so I just added it to my Vita library for this, just to have something to play on it, while the second was that I had never played a JRPG game before and when I noticed this game I decided to give it a try. I am not really a big fan of RPGs in general, but I am always open to try new kind of games and I said, why not, so I tried this little JRPG.

At first, I hated it: my opinion about the game changed in positive with time, but it does have a big issue or two. I absolutely hate how slow the characters are: while walking in the biggest maps, it takes AGES to go from one place to another, and of course you may get interrupted by unnecessary battles no one asked for and that make you waste even more time. And additionally, after having tried to play the game by myself for a while, I decided to give up because I was not able to fully understand my goals: where to go, what to do etc. And since the characters are so slow in walking, at a certain point I burned out and I decided to follow a Platinum Walkthrough on Youtube. I have done the same thing twice in the past with other games (RiME and Vampyr), and in those two occasions I felt like I was freeing myself from a burden, I felt so happy and free expecially when I got the Platinum Trophy of Vampyr thanks to the Platinum Walkthrough on Youtube; however, following the Platinum Walkthrough on Dragon Sinker actually made me appreciate the game. Thanks to those videos, I finally knew what I had to do and where to go, and my experience with the game turned out being much better; not to mention that, obviously, various things of my run (The items, the levels of the characters etc.) were different to the one of the person who made the videos, so this made my experience different and even better. Seriously, those videos on Youtube have like 10 views each, but that guy who uploaded them saved me, because otherwise now I would likely not have that Platinum, thank you dude :lol:

The very final part of the game (After the "final" boss) is different than the earlier part of it: it's actually straightfoward and it's almost impossible to get lost, and most importantly, the characters FINALLY walk with a good speed. At that point, I stopped following those videos and I finished the game by myself; the very final boss was very challenging, and since you need to beat him ten times in a row for the hardest Trophy in the game, it required me hours of grinding to level up my characters and make them strong enough to stand a chance against him. Eventually, I did it, thanks to a PSNP user who shared his strategy, that worked like a champ for me too.

I have played this game just once a week, on Saturdays, and as I said, at the very beginning I used to hate it, but I appreciated it more and more with time. About the Platinum, I am actually surprised to see that it is that common: the Trophy list is actually straightforward, but a Trophy is missable and, as I said, beating the final final boss 10 times in a row is very daunting and seems impossible if you are not strong enough. This truly shows how the Platinum percentages are not necessary 100% accurate about the difficulty of a game: for example, I'm surprised that this Platinum is more common than Life is Strange's, which is actually easy. Getting the Platinum of Dragon Sinker is not a big challenge at all, but requires you to beat the main game, level up every character, pay attention to the only missable Trophy, pray your luck for some luck based Trophies (No big deal anyway) and grind hours to be strong enough to beat the final final boss 10 times in a row: not a so-easy Platinum as it may seem by looking at the percentages without knowing anything about the game.

I'm happy about that Platinum: obviously I was the one to decide to play it just once a week but I'm glad it's over, it took me more than three months, likely too much: finally time to move on and play something else on my Vita. And one last thing worth noticing: Dragon Sinker's soundtrack is pretty good to me ??

Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 3

:platinum: #31 - Zippy the Circle: Level 1 & Level 2

1L1f963f.png

Difficulty: 2/10

Fun: 1/10

Morale booster while I work on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven. This is basically the video game equivalent of Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe in Santa.

Comparisons:

Zippy the Circle:

Spoiler

Rapsittie Street Kids:

Spoiler

The resemblance is uncanny, graphics-wise...

Edited by Valzentia
  • Like 3

1Sc82dc2.png

"Platinum Trophy" (Creative name!)

Fallout 4

I'm super late to the serie. This was my very first Fallout game. I see what all the fuss was about because I was hooked. I was googling a lot of the lore around vaults, creatures and the world to learn more. Even better that it was a free inclusion for PS5 owners.

For the platinum, it got really old towards the end having to grind to the lv 50 trophy. Please note that if you purchase all the DLC I'm sure you'd inevitably hit lv 50 without trying. Every other trophy came naturally over time. The exception are the story trophies. It has three possible endings that all lock you out of each other, so check a guide to know where to make manual saves allowing you to come back and get those story trophies.

I loved everything about the game except the story. Only because, being an RPG with flexibility of how you navigate, there were a lot of contradictory moments. I'll avoid spoilers in case you're yet to play it but once you join SPOILER FACTION and are put in charge there's absolutely no need to continue. You can make every group happy. You can hand over tech to the Brotherhood, release all the synths and aid the Minutemen/Commonwealth. But because the game needs a climax you have to target a group to attack.

I usually prefer turn based RPGs but really enjoyed this style of western, open world RPG and am keen to tackle other Bathesda titles.

18 hours ago, BlinkWinkel said:

:platinum: #205 - Scarlet Nexus

1L1ecf1a.png

Really fun game! Epic Japanese voice acting with fully voiced dialogue, which made the story scenes and bonding events a lot of fun to watch. The soundtrack was also amazing, and the battle system was incredibly fun. I also really liked the idea of putting hidden codes in the anime that we can use in the game to unlock extra stuff. I thought this was an awesome idea!

Platinum was really fun too, nothing too grindy and everything can be done on easy difficulty. And while a second playthrough is required, it's fun to replay since there's 2 characters to choose from and we get to view the story from their perspective. The story can be confusing on the first playthrough, but the missing pieces of the puzzle come together after the second playthrough.

Enjoyment: 9/10

Difficulty: 3/10

I should receive my copy of Lost Judgment tomorrow, so I'll probably get started on that next while waiting for Mary Skelter Finale! :D

Okay you've sold me on this. Usually I'm turned off by multiple playthroughs. But to see you refer to it as fun then I'm keen to try.

• Like 4