Most Recent Platinum

Muff

:platinum:# 83

1L0ba9ec.png

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation

Earned by 537 of 13,669 game owners

I was fairly impressed by this game right off the bat. The graphics are great and the general feeling of all the other AC games is there in SP. If you are a fan of Assassin's Creed games and have a Vita... you should check out this game. The trophies are not all that difficult and the collectibles are fairly painless. There were a couple new features in this one (I haven't played ACIII yet) such as the open country tree-running in the bayou. You fight off alligators and trudge through swamps. The Whip was a fantastic add-on weapon and became a vital tool in achieving Full Sync later on. The money making in this one was fair - poor but, there were enough chests and plenty of pick-pocketing to keep you funded.

Now on to a few issues I had with the game: The audio was a little buggy for me. The voice-acting was quite terrible in a few spots and overall just not that believable. There were quite a few bugs that I encountered while playing (i.e. getting stuck inside rooftops/rocks/whatever, Network features being disabled at random, etc). The worst of those being the famous Game Save Corruption glitch. If you have been fortunate enough to avoid it, good for you. It can be devastating if you are very far along in the story and slowly working up all the collectibles as you go. My 1st time through I got through most of Sequence 5 and collected roughly 80% of the collectibles... then the game corrupted :jaymon:

The game didn't seem to totally fit into the AC experience for me. While it felt right visually and the gameplay was very familiar, there was no modern-day protagonist. The Animus was absent altogether and the MP was a terrible version of the old Drug Wars game on pc. 7 hours of touchscreen button pressing for 3 trophies was ludicrous... yet I still did it, haha.

Overall, though, this was a fun game and I would recommend it (after installing patch 1.02, of course ;)).

Edited by bmj14772
  • Like 3

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

I'd heard great things about this game, so I bought it and I have to say I was really impressed. The characters and performances by the actors are just superb, the game boasts some great storytelling and probably the most gorgeous, yet somehow sad and melancholic post apocalyptic future I've seen. The music was equally fantastic. It's sad to see great games like this go largely unnoticed.

40Lcf4e23.png

#58 The Walking Dead

(because they suck at a platinum image and this clearly depicts the game better)

I seriously hate the show with a fiery burning passion(so boring :snore:)...but this game is fucking fantastic. It's probably the easiest platinum of all time, but I don't give a god damn. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this game and I am very happy to have experienced it. Go play it...NOW!

I completely agree with CM2. Such a good game. Don't forget to pick up that Pigsy DLC, though. So worth it. Just as good as the game. They also come together in an interesting way at the end of the DLC...if you catch it.

Again, I completely agree with Daft. Such a good game. Also, that was my latest plat as well. I was actually kind of surprised they phoned in the plat image. Damn near every trophy image was interesting except for the top one. Odd. Great choice for a true plat image, Daft.

• Like 4

Well I've managed to get two platinums within the space of an hour so I'll post them both on here :D

#41 :platinum:

1L8d60cc.png

LittleBigPlanet 2

This game is such a fun game would recommend it to anyone to play this game

#42 :platinum:

1L7ddf96.png

Prototype 2

I went into this game expecting a game that would match the amount of fun I had with the first one but was left disappointed as the developers though that just filling the narrative with swearing would turn this game a badass game. And just to make things worse for this game the ending is sooo terrible, to predictable and just leaves you feeling pissed off at such a poor made game :jaymon:

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum:# 84

1L47212f.png

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Vita)

Earned by 873 of 2,548 game owners

Not much to say about this one... It was a great game in true LEGO fashion. The trophies were quite easy and most were story related. The Justice League trophies were the only ones that really posed any challenge and they weren't terribly difficult. There are cheat codes available that do not disable trophies however, they are essentially useless as you still have to purchase the corresponding unlockable. It doesn't take too long to get your money built up (especially when you start purchasing the x2, x4, x6... multiplier Red Bricks. You will want to find, purchase, and enable these multipliers as soon as you can. They stack, so your money will come flying in as you start using them. I would highly recommend this title for all Vita owners. Not only is this a simple and fun game that all can enjoy, it brings back a little of our youth (depending on how old you are, haha) with some of the classic character unlocks.

Video of the glorious moment however, due to some unknown (by me) reason you can't read the trophy pop ups :(

Edited by bmj14772
  • Like 1