Most Recent Platinum

Muff

I'd say to start with this game was a slow burner for me, in comparison to the other Uncharted games.  I experienced recycled set pieces and even drew distinct comparisons with the previous games, but later in the game things improved and it cannot be refuted this game has a great story.  I have drawn some parallels though with another 4th game in one of my other favorite game series and feel some of the ideas and themes were somewhat borrowed (it's not a bad thing though as imitation is the sincerest form of flattery)

One thing where Uncharted series always shines for me is the symbology, from the glaringly obvious to the subtle undertones.

Gameplay wise, it suffers from the same frustrating jumping problems as the previous games :P  Some silly checkpoints that put you directly in front of an enemy when you're trying to be stealthy.  At one point I got locked in a loop of infinite death.  I can't help but feel there is a certain cheapness in allowing bonuses for crushing difficulty....

Uncharted 2 will always be my favorite UC game, with this coming in as a very close second.  I actually love the MP on this game and even without any DLC packs, I will be playing it for some time to come :)

i'm pretty sure all those similarities to previous games were made as a way for people to feel nostalgic and remember the past entries, since this game is naughty dog's goodbye of the franchise (although we all know some other sony studio will probably take care of the IP and make a reboot or something), i don't think they were recycled because the team run out of ideas or anything like that, it was just all put there as references for nostalgia purposes.

Edited by smellslikejavier