#126 Platinum
Final Fantasy XIV (PS5)
Fun: 9,5/10
[A Realm Reborn: 8,5/10
Heavensward: 10/10
Stormblood: 9/10
Shadowbringers: 10/10
Endwalker: 10/10]
Time: 2621 hours (combined with PS4 version)
Difficulty: Mind draining grind. Impossible to solo or offline, kupo.

My 2nd FFXIV platinum is also the rarest FF platinum on the PSN currently sitting with 0,1% rarity. Can't remember when i got a plat so rare recently? All this because of grindy trophies, subscription bought for few months and at least +999 hours needed in game to actually reach latest content. I was prepared for all that beforehand. Just wanted to get another FFXIV plat because the first version doesn't include story related expansion trophies, and those expansions are best thing that happened to FF in last 15 last years, at least in story, characters and music departament that is.
Was tired running in circles for last few months. When my buddy said i'll never finish FFXIV i decided to get my shit together. I really don't like having unfinished business. Bought a PS5 just for this monster and i highly doubt i'll see anything that can beat this. This is a basically a love letter for Final Fantasy fans who loved the series for many, many years. Best things from best FF games are mixed together here and number of FF references are astounding.

On top of that FFXIV has probably few of the best expansions ever made with so much content that many full games fail in comparison.

I recommend it to anyone tired with easy and fast plats. 

Congrats! I'm working on the PS4 plat at the moment.?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, slender_adrian said:

Lf0332b.png (320×176)

1L8b875e.png (240×240)

:platinum: #119

Difficulty: 3/10

100% Completion 4/10

Enjoyment: 8/10

Grind: 1/10

Time: ?

Rarity: [Ultra Rare 3.6% / Rare 14.42%]

Personal Milestone: 100th game completed 

"Only a very few find the way, and most of them don't recognize it when they do."

Both American Mc Gee's Alice and Madness Return are cult classics, they have a grim and dark tones, an obscure atmosphere which gives the classic story of Alice a new and awesome look. I played Mc Gee's Alice first, and for a game of 2000s I was amazed by it. The atmosphere and the artistic look of the game in general was incredible, the level design for the first game is sick as hell, like I said, it looks so terrifying, dark and obscure yet beautiful. In that aspect the game shines, and I truly fell in love with its visuals and how it looks overall. But there are some flaws, first of all some people complain about the controls saying they are "tank controls" and I don't know what are they saying, since for me the controls for the first game were pretty good, in fact I liked them a lot, sure jumping can be tricky if you don't get used to the controls, but other than that this game has pretty good controls especially for a 2000s game. The only big problem I had with this game was its performance, I played it on a PS3 and the performance for this type of game on a ps3 was pretty lame. Constant frame drops and this really got in the way for the combat and everything else, so that really made my experience a bit bad. Other than that, this first game doesn't tell you anything about anything so you must figure everything by yourself, even the very same game mechanics. This isn't that bad but can be tedious on some levels, I got lost on only one part where I literally had no clue what to due. In conclusion, Mc Gee's Alice is a classic masterpiece, I recommend it for anyone looking to play a dark game with some incredible level design and an artistic department.

Alice Madness Return is a cult classic and a masterpiece, compared to the first game, Madness Returns improved basically everything. It has an incredible artistic department, its atmosphere is grim and dark, but I prefer the first game looks over this one. This time the game tells a story, which continues form the first one, this time dealing with more obscure themes and focusing more on what happened to Alice. The world and level design is incredible, my favorite areas are the underwater part with the fish people, this looks just like some Lovecraft stuff, and the Cardbridge, but overall all areas in this game have a keen design. The combat is fun too, but in my opinion this game doesn't focus on combat, rather in living the story if that makes any sense haha, but yeah its pretty fun cutting down enemies with a kitchen knife. If you have the opportunity to play this game go for it is an awesome experience yet dark. I wanted to play this game for so many years and until a few years back I got the chance to finally owing a copy, totally recommend this masterpiece!

Getting the plat and 100% completion on this game is very simple and easy. You'll have to beat 2 games in order to attain 100% completion, I recommend playing the "DLC" first, since its better to do the old stuff first hehe. So for Mc Gee's Alice all you have to do is to finish the game in whatever difficulty you like, this can be tedious for anyone that's not into this type of old games, BIG ADVICE save every damn second in this game, even on easy you don't know when you'll die so better be cautions haha (trust me you don't want to start a level from the start).  And for Madness Returns all you need to do is a Normal run getting basically all the collectibles, you must be very careful not to miss any collectible since keeping track of them is a pain, the only thing I didn't like about this game was how excessive collectibles are, there's easy 30 or more collectibles per chapter making it a very boring plat for the most part. Once that's done all the remaining trophies can be obtain by chapter select. This games are classics, and I highly recommend playing them! To bad we won't see the 3rd and final game in this series thanks you know who.

And to finish this post here's a good riddle: "How is the Queen of Hearts like a typhoon?"

Is my 2nd favorite game of all time after Final Fantasy IX, Congrats :)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

Just finished The Forgotten City. It was a great game that required out of the book thinking and was really enjoyable. The time loop in this game is handled extremely well. I am considering going for the PS4 stack.

Well, I did it. Speedran the PS4 stack, made a few mistakes otherwise I would have had the platinum in under 2 hours. Still, I am in top 5 for fastest achievers! I highly recommend this game.