How many trophies with less than 100 achievers do you have?

Zanzarro

6 minutes ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

How are you guys finding this? I checked out the filters and don't see anything where you can filter by number of achievers. 

If you go to your “trophy log” you can sort by number of achievers, then it’s basically a case of flipping through the pages to find the first one with 100 achievers.

When you find it, multiply the page count(-1) by 50 (since there’s 50 trophies per page), and add whatever number are under 100 on that last page.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

If you go to your “trophy log” you can sort by number of achievers, then it’s basically a case of flipping through the pages to find the first one with 100 achievers.

When you find it, multiply the page count(-1) by 50 (since there’s 50 trophies per page), and add whatever number are under 100 on that last page.

Not sure why i wasn't seeing it before. Going blind.

113 trophies under 100 achievers. 1 dead on 100.

• 1 month later...

Well...
PefjZFL.png

https://psnprofiles.com/Prometheous101/log?order=achievers&page=258

17 pages x 50 + 9 on 239 + 13 on 258 = 872 if my math is right.

10 directly at 100

+ my rarest in terms of achievers being these 3 at 4 achievers1XIJTAU.png

How did I get so many, well pretty much like @Drag-On-Detritus above me. Virtual Reality games, asian/japanese stacks of games weird games that nobody plays etc.

19 minutes ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

At the time of writing I have 3049.

Nice

19 minutes ago, Drag-On-Detritus said:

vr,

Also, nice. My fellow VR person.

Edited by Prometheous101
  • Like 4

The issue is, that the reason for a trophy having a low quantity of achievers can have so many different reasons.

First of all is that number based on the amount of known players to PSNP. If a name never got entered here to update their information, it won't show up here.

That's eg likely the case for a majority of asian players, why games in their AS or JP stack usually have low numbers by default.

Which leads to the second point. If a game has a lot of different trophy stacks, this leads to tempered numbers.

A game can be super popular in one region, but completely ignored in another. Depending on the stack you belong to, the outcome could be polar opposite.

Then we have of course games that are just that challenging / hard.

Others are just super time intensive and people didn't feel like wrapping it up.

It is a way more complex topic than just counting the amount of trophies that, according to PSNP, are earned by less than 100 people.

...that said, I can't deny that I use that sorting from time to time myself out of curiosity. 😉

As of this moment I own 520 with max 99 achievers.

13 of which are plats.

Most of them I'd attribute to being niche games and/or because of different trophylist stacks.

• Like 4

48 - way more than I expected

Most of these are indie shoot em ups, which is a genre I love. 

Stardust Galaxy Warriors: Stellar Climax - this game made me rage so hard, it was so difficult and the trophies were bugging on me. Once I figured out the best ship and gameplay style it became much easier but many of this game's trophies have few # of earners

Dogos - another decent shoot em up, not AAA quality but it's a cheap game so it's fun for what it is. Moderate difficulty, nothing too crazy

X Force Genesis

MACE Space Shooter

These 2 games I bought recently, there was a sale that had a ton of very cheap shoot em ups, some were 3 games for 1 dollar. Games were easy and not super high quality but not shovelware. Just low budget games. Not terrible, but worth what they cost. 

Those 4 games are most of my trophies with < 100 achievers. Now that I've posted this, when I check next time I'll probably have <5 trophies earned by 100 people or less 😂

13 hours ago, Jjos said:

The issue is, that the reason for a trophy having a low quantity of achievers can have so many different reasons.

First of all is that number based on the amount of known players to PSNP. If a name never got entered here to update their information, it won't show up here.

That's eg likely the case for a majority of asian players, why games in their AS or JP stack usually have low numbers by default.

Which leads to the second point. If a game has a lot of different trophy stacks, this leads to tempered numbers.

A game can be super popular in one region, but completely ignored in another. Depending on the stack you belong to, the outcome could be polar opposite.

Then we have of course games that are just that challenging / hard.

Others are just super time intensive and people didn't feel like wrapping it up.

It is a way more complex topic than just counting the amount of trophies that, according to PSNP, are earned by less than 100 people.

...that said, I can't deny that I use that sorting from time to time myself out of curiosity. 😉

As of this moment I own 520 with max 99 achievers.

13 of which are plats.

Most of them I'd attribute to being niche games and/or because of different trophylist stacks.

I don't think we necessarily need to use this thread as a guide to determine who is the greatest trophy hunter on Earth, or which games are popular/unpopular, sometimes its just fun to distract ourselves with some mostly useless conversations related to trophies 😂. Just like any other conversation/topic surrounding trophies (how many ultra rares do you have, how many platinums, etc.), none of these will be an effective means of determining anything of real value. Sometimes it's just fun to talk about. Context helps in threads like these (most of mine are from games that were played by a few # of people overall)

My Elder Scrolls Online platinum has even been earned by over 500 people which automatically disqualifies this thread as any useful measure of skill or determination 🤣

• Like 1

335, quite a few more than I was expecting honestly, 22 of these are currently between 90-99 with varying degrees of popularity and likelihood of hitting 100 sooner or later. A good number of these are also from more recent games that will certainly get to 100 soon and ones that definitely will over time once more people pick up and play some of them.

I've played quite a few very obscure/niche games and a number of VR ones which is where the majority of these 335 are from.

• Like 1

Trophy log 22 pages, without being arsed to do much more math, around 1100 trophies. 

The surprising and kinda sad thing is seeing that a lot of the games in this list are genuinely brilliant games, that totally deserve way more players! I guess that's the quirky weirdy indie market/playerbase for you 🤷‍♂️ Shame really. Like marmite, you either love it or hate it.. with the majority leaning toward hating it.. missing out! 

Most are from 100% list games, but 44 are plats. As plats appeal more to some of you, See 44 plat list in spoiler:

The plats are:

Of Bird and Cage.

Blind Spot VR.

YesterMorrow.

Rocket Punch.

Corpse Killer: 25th Anniversary Edition.

'N Verlore Verstand.

Beep! Beep! Deliveries.

Alterity Experience.

Dead Hungry VR.

In Nightmare.

Speed Limit.

Clea.

Case: Animatronics.

Seum.

DARQ.

Chromagun VR.

From Heaven to Earth.

CoolPaintr VR: Deluxe Edition.

One Last Memory.

Iris.Fall.

Thug Life VR.

Projection: First Light.

Eternal Hope.

Cuccchi.

Mowin' & Throwin'.

Inertial Drift.

Dead Age.

Driving Essentials.

Find Me.

Silver Chains.

CoolPaintr VR: Deluxe Edition (stack).

True Fear 2.

Yuoni.

Ever Forward.

Stifled.

Miles & Kilo.

Feist.

Potata.

Twilight Path VR.

DARQ (stack).

Flower Shop: Summer in Fairbrook.

Heart & Slash.

The StoryTale.

Minute of Islands.

*Some of these games are brilliant and totally deserve more players!!

Edited by esstee11
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 9:22 PM, Prometheous101 said:

Well...

https://psnprofiles.com/Prometheous101/log?order=achievers&page=258

17 pages x 50 + 9 on 239 + 13 on 258 = 872 if my math is right.

10 directly at 100

+ my rarest in terms of achievers being these 3 at 4 achievers

How did I get so many, well pretty much like @Drag-On-Detritus above me. Virtual Reality games, asian/japanese stacks of games weird games that nobody plays etc.

Nice

Also, nice. My fellow VR person.

Right on man you're killing it, you'll probably reach 1000+ next year without even trying at this rate.

I saw you post about trying Car Mechanic Sim vr btw. I've got both stacks of that but haven't tried it yet. It could very well be obtainable but if I think about all the simulator games I've done hardly any of them worked well & most of the time I'd either have to wait for a patch or do some ridiculous workaround. It might be a world of hurt. I just saw a thread about trucking & logistics simulator with the most abstract/absurd workaround for earning a trophy. They're bad enough without VR thrown in the mix. I wouldn't consider CMSVR unobtainable without trying a shit ton of stuff out first in any case.

I might join you with the CMSVR experimentation in 2024. Someone has over 40% IIRC so it's already doing better than reborn: a samurai awakens. Worst case scenario it could fit into a big block of unobtainable stuff since I've always wanted to charge up ski jumper vr to 99%. Failing that, the numbers on that stack of unearthing mars 2 look pretty alluring 😜 

• Like 1

48 from three games that very few played on here. That's what it basically comes down to anyway.

-Fallen Knight (PS4), a Mega Man knockoff I wouldn't recommend, has the most by a long shot. 34 trophies under 100, 105 owners. Game has 37 trophies, so... yeah.

-Ittle Dew 2 (PS4), a comedic take on top-down Zelda, is one that I would recommend and at second most. 10 under 100, 133 owners.

-And Bat Boy (PS5), a sports-themed Shovel Knight clone that came and went this year with no fanfare, is the one I'd recommend most. 4 under 100, all at >90 achieved, 196 owners.