Unlimited likes !

I think it's limited so that people don't create a new account and like all their own posts.

This.  It's limited so it can't be easily exploited by people.  If anything, premium members can always get a higher amount of likes to use.. but what is it at the moment? Like 50? I maybe only like 1 or 2 posts a day if even that some days.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 4

Doesn't making it unlimited dilute the impact of what a like is? If you are able to like infinitely, it just makes the whole thing completely arbitrary. If you keep it limited only to posts that are truly well liked and deserve it, you make it so much more valuable. Interesting idea, but in my humble opinion will pretty much destroy the whole system and point of liking a post on this site.

Exactly what i said before i edited my post.

• Like 4

The only time I would like more Likes is in say something like my End of the Year Awards. I would like to give everyone who posted their awards a Like but I ran out. I came back the next day and finished up (so not a huge deal) but it would have been nice.

FYI if you haven't created your picks yet then go here https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/21994-dr-mayus-year-end-awards-2014/ 

• Like 4

I think the cap is plenty high enough. I didn't even know there was a cap until being here for more than 6 months.

Anyway, I agree with those saying that unlimited likes would just lead to abuse. Some people really care about the likes, so it's not far-fetched to think people will make alts and what-not. Also, with limited likes, they mean so much more when people actually do like a post.

• Like 3