Top 5 Most Impressive PlayStation Platinum Trophies

Goro

PSLS published a video last week on their top 5 most 'shameful' platinum trophies - https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/24485-top-5-most-shameful-playstation-platinum-trophies/

But this week there's a new video, this time on their top 5 most 'impressive' platinum trophies and here it is:

So how many (if any) of these platinums have you got on your list? Unfortunately i've got none  -_-

I remember going for EndWar years ago before I just stopped trying since I'm not great at strategy games, but I had no idea it would require both a physical and digital copy. Funny thing is one of the rarest trophies in the game is on my list and I wasn't even trying to get it. I would like to think that counts as something.

And wow, I couldn't imagine going through the trouble of getting Star Ocean's at all. I would say the dedication to that is at least something.

I agree with previous comments. These are impressive because of the dedication involved (or maybe not, perhaps some players just enjoyed the games that much!). 

Personally, I'm impressed by people that have the plats on a lot of the really hard indies and downloadable games that have been coming out lately. Surgeon SimulatorGeometry Wars 3Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (where the plat is available), and Rogue Legacy spring to mind.

• Like 1

Yeah it clearly seems that the list is based mostly on the grinding needed in order to achieve the Plat, which is impressive in terms of dedication but nothing else, I would have made the list with games like Guitar Hero: Van Halen, where you could get the Plat in a matter of a few days, but the skill needed were enough to wreck the hope of most, I don't know just pick a few genres with extremely hard Plats and put one representative for each category, maybe something like GH:Van Halen, Street Fighter IV, Wipeout HD, Max Payne 3 and Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. I mean some of then can be a little grindy, but that cannot be the primal source of its difficulty.

I'm not trolling. I'm very,very serious. I swear on my hamster's grave.

If Battlefield: Bad Company can't be plated anymore how are people still getting plat? This is totally not a rhetorical question... I promise.

If you earned 'Catch the bad moment' before it became unobtainable you can still get the plat.

• Like 2

In my opinion there cant be "most impressive" platinums. I mean, there are 3 Shooters in the list.

I dont play Shooters, which automatically results in the fact that Im not thinking a Battlefield Platinum is impressive. :P

Going this route, a FinalFantasyXIV Platinum would be impressive for me (600h+). ... maybe?

But Im the "play what you like"-type, so, I say it isnt possible that there are "most impressive" trophies.

They get just impressive when you are playing this game. GianaSisters has on PS3 4 (of 12!) trophies which are <0,5% (alt least on PSNP)

So, it is impressive for me, because I have the game in my list, but why others should care about that? :)

Star Ocean 4's difficulty is highly overstated but it has been out for a pretty long time and was one of the first "lunatic" platinums so it's had a notorious reputation for quite some time, and I think that's the main factor.  I can think of a number of games that would be far far more "difficult" to platinum, but I'm sure everyone has heard half a dozen stories about how SO4 takes eleventy million hours to platinum and is super difficult so it's seen as "impressive", meanwhile legitimate 11/10 difficulty games like Raiden IV might get overlooked because barely anyone has heard a thing about them.  I mean, SO4 wasn't even my longest platinum (Mugen Souls gets that award   :lol: )

A bit surprised Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 didn't make it anywhere onto the list.

Lol, impressive suggests its something that not everyone can do.  No one is impressed when someone does something they can do.  This is just grind heavy trophies.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2

Wipeout HD

Singstar (legitimately although i'm sure most would've boosted otherwise theyd have been on pop idol or something lol)

and the last few could be any of the Platinum Games ones probably lol.

Actually even then i'd probably be more impressed with the MW2 plat because of the skill required for the Spec Ops section (theoretically I could do it, but either way it would take skill obtained through perseverance).

• Like 1

I agree with many of you guys in the list about Star Ocean The Last Hope. The game would be more suitable for a time consuming ranking. Took me arounf 700 hours or maybe more to get it but it was mainly because of the ridiculous time consuming battle trophies which were very tedious and boring to get but only a few were a real challange. The one I will always remember is Lymle BT #100. With all the constant crashes and freezes on the game that 3 hour dungeon grind and the 10 minutes fight giving the last hit with her, I have to admit wasn't an easy task at all.

There are way more harder and impressive plats out there that I would have liked to see in the list.

Edited by Aexuz

I agree with many of you guys in the list about Star Ocean The Last Hope. The game would be more suitable for a time consuming ranking. Took me arounf 700 hours or maybe more to get it but it was mainly because of the ridiculous time consuming battle trophies which were very tedious and boring to get but only a few were a real challange. The one I will always remember is Lymle BT #100. With all the constant crashes and freezes on the game that 3 hour dungeon grind and the 10 minutes fight giving the last hit with her, I have to admit wasn't an easy task at all.

There way more harder and impressive plats out there that I would have liked to see in the list.

Although this has now raised an intersting question do you think within 700 hours the average person could get some of the high skill level plats?