How did you feel when you got your first ultra rare platinum?

G1gabitGaming

My first one was Blazblue. Not sure I was even on this site then. Didn't even know what UR was until another site member brought it to my attention, shout out to Pixel-Zero  :wave:  :giggle: 
And like grimy, I would say Gran Turismo 5, Wipeout HD and Hotshots Golf are my personal best. My others being pretty meh.

Dayum! I had to go look that shit up.

So Ghostbusters was my first UR plat. I guess I was pretty happy to get it. I don't really feel that it's deserving of its UR status though. There were a couple tough maps in mp, but nothing that wasn't doable. I think the reason GB held its UR status was more dependent on its slow updating servers and glitchy trophies than actual difficulty.

I'm much more proud of my Destiny and WipEout HD plats.

My first ultra rare is cod ghosts (Ps3) and still is at 3.83%

challenge trophy was annoying I always failed at challenge 8th or 10th solo

when i play with others they dont even care about it so it felt awesome when i got it xD

Edited by BeaT-ThE-Noobs

Mine was awesome because it got me into trophy hunting. I was having so much fun with the game that I just grazed across the trophy list and thought "I could do that! Challenge accepted!".

This game also got me back into PlayStation gaming, was my first Vita game and my first platinum as a whole. It was WipEout 2048! Not only a UR plat, but also a pretty historical one (for me) as well. Had a blast with that game and it's still one of my rarest plats today. It's only been bested by Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed which has it beat by a whopping 0.01%! :o

You didn't know Symphonia was going to be UR? When I first saw the requirements I couldn't imagine it being anything other than UR dood xD

I thought that BBS, FFX, X-2, Ragnarok Odyssey, and Soul Sacrifice were going to be UR, but none of them are. I was even more surprised they aren't after playing them. And I didn't think that Chrono Phantasma or Rogue Legacy would be UR, but they are. You just never know dood. Especially when it comes to niche games.

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 1

My 1st ultra rare was record of agarest war when I got the platinum i was proud i finally beat that game and got it all done. I enjoy the story just hated how much Work I actually had to put in to make sure I did everything only game where I had to use microsoft office just to keep track with what I made and how many more I need to make.

I thought that BBS, FFX, X-2, Ragnarok Odyssey, and Soul Sacrifice were going to be UR, but none of them are. I was even more surprised they aren't after playing them. And I didn't think that Chrono Phantasma or Rogue Legacy would be UR, but they are. You just never know dood. Especially when it comes to niche games.

Ah you do make some good points dood. I also thought BBS and FFX would be URs since I didn't think many people would be willing to do the grinds associated with those games.

• Like 1

Ah you do make some good points dood. I also thought BBS and FFX would be URs since I didn't think many people would be willing to do the grinds associated with those games.

I haven't played either of those (okay I played FFX, but I hated it), but it might have something to do with with both of those being remasters. There was already a lot of information on them before they released with trophies. Just a guess though...

Edit: Dammit wdjat you didn't say dood in your second sentence! Are you begging to scrub toilets dood?

Edited by Blue Flare
  • Like 1

I haven't played either of those (okay I played FFX, but I hated it), but it might have something to do with with both of those being remasters. There was already a lot of information on them before they released with trophies. Just a guess though...

Edit: Dammit wdjat you didn't say dood in your second sentence! Are you begging to scrub toilets dood?

*hangs head in shame* It is clearly time for me to go to bed since I've broken prinny rule #1 twice in one night dood

• Like 1

I wasn't aware BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend's platinum ultra rare back then, but I was pretty excited when I finally got it. I had a lot of fun getting it, and Abyss ability farming wasn't bad because I main the only character that is almost immortal there with his unique ability and being Unlimited.

I thought the same thing dood. Especially since they're from more popular and mainstream franchises. I thought more casual people would play the game, and fewer people would be willing to put in the work. But the opposite turned out to be true. Way more people put in the work than usual, and they're pretty tough plats x_x

Tired.  Very very tired...  My first Ultra Rare Plat (and 4th overall) was Sports Champions.  At a whopping .73% ratio, it's also my most rare trophy (even more rare than GT5s .92% Plat, lol).

I didn't have a guide for this game, I just played and played (and played) until I was a disgusting ball of sweat, then I showered and slept and did it all again after work the next day.  I must have played this game for months on end before I finally cleaned up some of the harder trophies and eventually earned the plat.  The thing is, I really enjoyed it.  The Move kinda sucks in general, but I got the hang of each game and it didn't feel as much like the grind it was by the time I finished.  Sports Champions 2 was way way easier, but also not as fun.

• Like 1

I only have two ultra-rare plats. Both of them are not hard. They are just ultrarare because people ...

Lc3edfe.png

1Lc14813.png

:platinum:  Platinum Trophy 

Unlock all the trophies

4.18%

... were unable to find a boostingpartner!

This game took me over 8 months, 7 3/4 months of them nagging in forums that Im looking for a partner... xD

So, I feeled .. felt? ...happy and sad because happyness, about the fact that someone really wanted to play with me. WITH ME! *cries*  :(

L433a14.png

1L554037.png

:platinum:  Omniscience 

For the minder who knows everything.

4.24%

...totally have no patience!

Seriously, people say its a Persona-clone, I never played Persona and had no problems with it?

I feeled superior because my totally superawesome overpatiency ^_^ Nah, I guess its more like others dont have patience at all. Seriously, whats about all the hate in the world? Hate and Patience cant cooperate, so most people just picked the wrong feeling. EVERYONE is my buddy, why not? ^_^

I also would have GTA5- :platinum:  but I hate multiplayer - which is probably also a reason for the low %, because Im sure not the only one who hates MP! - and its ultra-timeconsuming to boost Decorated which would be my last trophy to  :platinum: !

How I would feel about this  :platinum:  then? Maybe just like "omg... finally -.-" and "Thank you Rockstar that I can autopop multiplayer-trophies if I would play GTA5 on PS4 then ^_^ "

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

My first Ultra Rare plat was Killzone 2.

1L4b3c76.png

It took a lot of work but was most rewarding when I was done with it.

When i got it I really didn't know about rarity of trophies just knew it was satisfying to get it.

Killzone 2 was my first rare Platinum as well!

I was so satisfied when I got the 1% valor after a whole week of playing online  :awesome:

My favorite FPS to this day.

• Like 1

My first UR plat is Overlord II. Although at the time (May 2010) I had no idea it was an ultra rare plat. I really liked the game and wanted to plat it (and the plat image is badass). It wasn't until 3 years later when I found out about this site that I realized it was ultra rare B). I believe it took me about 9 playthroughs to get 100% destruction and 100% domination, but I didn't mind. Probably because I only had like 6 PS3 games at the time.

1Lde28f6.png

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Pretty damn boss, considering it was for Killzone 2. Beating the final level on Elite was a massive adrenaline rush, but not as fun as dedicating a couple hours a night in the week and then blitzing the online for the entirety of Saturday through into Sunday morning, getting #1 daily on the 24hr leaderboard  B) . I just slept through Sunday and woke up to the top 1% weekly trophy after my position ended up in the top 0.6%.

Still not quite as thrilling as WipEout HD later on, though  :P .