Unpopular Video Game Opinions

AVenGer777rocks

agree i miss custom theme and groups made my life easier to find players in a specific game now ,about avatar i use almost  the same since years so

UNPOPULAR OPINION: skill based matchmaking removed the fun part of online battle ,every game is intense and exhausting because you play against guys who got your skill level and if your not bad at this like i am ,that s gonna be real stuff to handle

i miss the easy noob killing era

Spoiler

😒

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, samunrizthym said:

UNPOPULAR OPINION: skill based matchmaking removed the fun part of online battle ,every game is intense and exhausting because you play against guys who got your skill level and if your not bad at this like i am ,that s gonna be real stuff to handle

i miss the easy noob killing era

Reveal hidden contents

😒

Disagree -

I don’t play a huge amount of multiplayer, but when I do, stomping all over someone much worse than me is no more fun than getting stomped on by people much higher level than me.

Unpopular Opinion:

A “difficultly rating” that is based on “if the player is following a guide” is the dumbest concept in trophy hunting…

…as it is essentially saying “this exam is easy if you have all the answers in front of you”

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Unpopular Opinion:

A “difficultly rating” that is based on “if the player is following a guide” is the dumbest concept in trophy hunting…

…as it is essentially saying “this exam is easy if you have all the answers in front of you”

Agree:  I will check out the trophy list of a game I want to play to be aware of the general requirements but I rarely use a guide on my first play-through, if at all.

Maybe it's because I am old and remember a time before the internet and instantly accessible walk-through guides and solutions.

To me there is a sense of satisfaction after working out solutions on my own and this is diminished if I have to look up an answer.

But I guess it boils down to what is more important to you, exploring and enjoying the game or speed running to the plat in the most efficient way to move on to the next "challenge"

Unpopular Opinion:

Having a difficulty rating based on the assumption that you are going to use exploitable glitches is even worse. 

• Like 2

Just now, Skagarrin said:

Agree:  I will check out the trophy list of a game I want to play to be aware of the general requirements but I rarely use a guide on my first play-through, if at all.

Maybe it's because I am old and remember a time before the internet and instantly accessible walk-through guides and solutions.

To me there is a sense of satisfaction after working out solutions on my own and this is diminished if I have to look up an answer.

But I guess it boils down to what is more important to you, exploring and enjoying the game or speed running to the plat in the most efficient way to move on to the next "challenge"

Unpopular Opinion:

Having a difficulty rating based on the assumption that you are going to use exploitable glitches is even worse. 

Also hard agree - because we are 100% on the same page, brother!

Unpopular Opinion:

The site should combine statistics for multiple accounts if they are shared by one person, to make statistics like completion rate, rarity of trophies, etc correct.

All “alt” accounts/ old accounts/ burner accounts/ etc should ideally feed into the same stats…

…so a player who has played the same game three times across three accounts only counts for one “owner”, and so completion rates/ average rarities/ etc can’t be fudged by having a “for-display profile” and a “back-room profile”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Skagarrin said:

Unless it's a simulator-type game (which are clearly made with trophies in mind), I don't follow a guide on my first playthrough either. This is less a pride thing though and more a, "I don't want this story spoiled for me" thing, especially since some guide writers give no spoiler warning whatsoever. If the guide writer is trustworthy, you can glance at the missable trophies without giving anything away, but it's a gamble. Sometimes that means playing a game more times necessary but if the game is enjoyable I don't mind. If I start using a guide part way through a playthrough it's because I've grown truly sick of the game and just want to get it over with rather than have to play it twice.

I don't understand how people are able to play choose your own adventure types like David Cage games with a guide the first time. It defeats the entire purpose of the genre.

5 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Unpopular Opinion:

The site should combine statistics for multiple accounts if they are shared by one person, to make statistics like completion rate, rarity of trophies, etc correct.

All “alt” accounts/ old accounts/ burner accounts/ etc should ideally feed into the same stats…

…so a player who has played the same game three times across three accounts only counts for one “owner”, and so completion rates/ average rarities/ etc can’t be fudged by having a “for-display profile” and a “back-room profile”

I like the concept. It would weed out a lot of fakers.

Unpopular Opinion: When you are looking at a trophy guide for a DLC, the guide maker does not need to include the DLC tag on every trophy. It is implied since it is a DLC. The DLC tag is suited if you were to include those trophies in the same guide as the base game, which doesn't happen on this site.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Unpopular Opinion: When you are looking at a trophy guide for a DLC, the guide maker does not need to include the DLC tag on every trophy. It is implied since it is a DLC. The DLC tag is suited if you were to include those trophies in the same guide as the base game, which doesn't happen on this site.

Agreed, a DLC tag is useless in a DLC specific guide. Especially since it could be replaced with a tag that's actually useful, like an "in-game map" tag on collectible related trophies that immediately lets you know if you need a collectible guide or you can just have fun. 

Unpopular opinion: video games shouldn't be announced until they're a year away from release tops, the shorter the time between the announcement and release, the better. Unrealistic, but a welcome change imo. 

On 1/3/2024 at 8:04 AM, the1andonly654 said:

Agreed, a DLC tag is useless in a DLC specific guide. Especially since it could be replaced with a tag that's actually useful, like an "in-game map" tag on collectible related trophies that immediately lets you know if you need a collectible guide or you can just have fun. 

Unpopular opinion: video games shouldn't be announced until they're a year away from release tops, the shorter the time between the announcement and release, the better. Unrealistic, but a welcome change imo. 

Disagree, i know that there are games that totally move mountains with hardcore and average users like the elder scrolls, gta, or even resident evil, but having a huge window for hype is not a bad thing if you work it well enough.

On 1/6/2024 at 1:56 PM, ChilledBrandon said:

I really love Dark Souls 2. It's actually my most replayed game in the series I think. I liked the slower pace, level design and bosses in that game. I was put off for a while by the negative rep the game has but I ended up loving it.

I have it on my list to play, but i mean, its always interesting to see at detail why a product is considered to be the "ugly duck"; i remember people telling MGS2 was a crapshow and people now give more credit to the game

UNPOPULAR OPINION: PS5 missed at launch/post launch a true game under the term "killer app", yeah, there were many great games and variety in general of what to play with ps5 day one, but even as time passed there wasnt a game that made fanbase "hey we all need that".

• Like 2

On 12/19/2023 at 6:48 AM, BrickwallBill said:

Unpopular (?) Opinion: DOOM (2016) is far better than DOOM Eternal in pretty much every way, but especially in the fact it has a real multiplayer mode. Battlemode in Eternal is just not the same. 

I agree. However, the campaign on Eternal, is way more polished, but I feel it harder and the whole gameplay makes it confusing. I mean… They added more stuff to make it more creative, but I honestly don't enjoy playing that way. You need to play chess while fighting a cacodemon or a revenant? Oh, hell no!

UOs:

1. Nintendo has lost its brilliance since the Wii U downfall. I understand all the fuzz about that they diversify and don't compete directly with MS or Sony. However, their products, in my sight, have lost the quality and magic that once shone upon them. Moreover, their Online subscription is complete garbage; the Switch has been desperately treated as their salvation for the WU's disaster.  
  2. Microsoft isn't bad. Actually, I believe is a better company than Sony (in terms of retrocompatibility, licenses and access to game history). 
  • Confused 2

• 2 months later...

Time to drop some real spicy.

All the trophy hunters who got locked out of FFXV's Comrades completion deserved it for validating that shitty monetisation model, based on the misleading marketing Hajime Tabata and Square Enix did for an incomplete game.

9 hours ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

What the fuck ? 

I see my ignore list is serving me well... 

Unpopular opinion: This is the worst console generation to date. It just feels like an extended version of last gen and there are no true system sellers on the PS5.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I see my ignore list is serving me well... 

Unpopular opinion: This is the worst console generation to date. It just feels like an extended version of last gen and there are no true system sellers on the PS5.

The devs are as passionate, but companies like Ubisoft force them to stick to a very unoriginal formula that stops anything interesting to happen, to guarantee a certain amount of sales. I'm sure games would be a lot better if the devs were allowed to take chances. I think that's why older games felt more cared for, not because the devs were more caring, but they were allowed to express that care more.

11 hours ago, Eraezr said:

Time to drop some real spicy.

All the trophy hunters who got locked out of FFXV's Comrades completion deserved it for validating that shitty monetisation model, based on the misleading marketing Hajime Tabata and Square Enix did for an incomplete game.

Counter UO: FFXV is a good game and not that bad at all, especially long after the fixes that was made for it, obivously it wasn't like Cyberpunk but it still got there. Still has flaws and things I wish they did do, but so has so many other games. Everyone's got different tastes, and many do like this game, which is okay. I don't care about 100% so that doesn't matter to me, dumb that Comrades got seperated but it's fine, I don't need it. The platinum will do.

Other UO: Red Dead Redemption 2, while a beautiful graphical game and a big world, is more on the boring and slow progress with it's story telling and everything else. The tutorial itself feels very long.

Edited by Prince-Varuni
  • Like 2

I'll preface this by clarifying that I understand I'm in the minority with this opinion.

I find the Uncharted series quite tasteless, and Nathan Drake in particular to be an annoying and unfunny protagonist. It always surprises me how this series became so beloved, so much as to warrant this many games, a movie, etc. Obviously, I'm not the target demographic, because the games just seemed like bland third person shooters to me - they never did anything terribly unique to warrant the overwhelming praise.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

Bandai Namco are nothing but anime-game, anime-fighting game, fighting game and SAO simps and they refuse to throw their support behind their actually good franchises like Digimon, Klonoa, and .hack. Maybe even Tales of as well at this point. I'm sorry but I just don't see the point in anime games or anime-fighting games. I'd rather just watch the anime. Most of them have failed and gotten bad to mixed reviews anyway. Before you scream at me I'm very well aware of the fighting game community and that fighting games have their own fans. But that series is over-saturated. End of story. But this shit is all Bandai Namco wants to do. They also want to do nothing but be apart of Kirito's harem and simp for him and his franchise when .hack is infinitely better. The result is the same. Nothing but mid to outright shit and dumpster fire games. But that's all they want to do. Instead of actively trying to kill Digimon, Klonoa and .hack why not sell them or give them to people who actually care about them and give them the respect they deserve? No? You'd rather kill them for good? Then go **** yourselves Bandai Namco. I'll dance on your grave if/when you implode.

What? You said controversial and I gave you controversial. I don't know what else you were expecting.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, x49ersblitzkreig said:

CoD MW 2 is actually fun.

Which one? Modern Warfare 2 (2009) or Modern Warfare II (2022)?

On 4/8/2024 at 1:48 PM, ddracarys said:

I'll preface this by clarifying that I understand I'm in the minority with this opinion.

I find the Uncharted series quite tasteless, and Nathan Drake in particular to be an annoying and unfunny protagonist. It always surprises me how this series became so beloved, so much as to warrant this many games, a movie, etc. Obviously, I'm not the target demographic, because the games just seemed like bland third person shooters to me - they never did anything terribly unique to warrant the overwhelming praise.

No, you didn't...

• Haha 1