Unpopular Video Game Opinions

AVenGer777rocks

N/A / agree. Didnt look great so I didnt play it. Same with GTA5, didnt look interesting enough for me to want to play it. However San Andreas was a hilarious fun ride that I loved!

😬 *now remember this is the unpopular opinions thread lol oh boy here goes..* 😬

...it would be nice if every game that just had a random gay character in it wasnt called woke. Gays have been around for quite a long time ya know it would be nice to see some more in some more games lol And let's be honest they tend to have excellent narratives eg. LiS, TLoU 🤷‍♂️😊

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, esstee11 said:

N/A / agree. Didnt look great so I didnt play it. Same with GTA5, didnt look interesting enough for me to want to play it. However San Andreas was a hilarious fun ride that I loved!

😬 *now remember this is the unpopular opinions thread lol oh boy here goes..* 😬

...it would be nice if every game that just had a random gay character in it wasnt called woke. Gays have been around for quite a long time ya know it would be nice to see some more in some more games lol And let's be honest they tend to have excellent narratives eg. LiS, TLoU 🤷‍♂️😊

Absolutely, 100% agree <3 

Unpopular, horrible, disgusting, casual take yet one I stand 100% firm on:

Elden ring is not only the worst "souls" games made by FromSoftware, it's far and away one of the worst in the entire genre and perhaps my most disappointing game of all time. As a longtime fan of FromSoftware (I remember buying Dark Souls 1 on launch day 12 years ago - wow!!), I found Elden ring to be utterly joyless, bland, boring... and so many other unfortunate descriptors :( 

• Like 2

NA didn't play Elden Ring long enough to have any opinion (not a fan of Soulsborne to begin with.)

Unpopular take I stand on 100%:

Final Fantasy 16 is the worst FF game that I've ever played (been with the series for 30 years. Feel REALLY OLD) Never understood all the praise on this one, boring story, uninteresting characters (Cid was cool though), shallow gameplay, etc. Biggest disappointment ever, FF16 was a joyless experience that I'll never forget, first game in 30 years I left hating.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AuronX84 said:

Final Fantasy 16 is the worst FF game that I've ever played

Not gonna lie I feel this atm. I’m not usally down hard in any FF game but 16 was like the first time I really felt disappointed.

UO: I want more first party MP titles from Sony. I can llay gears or halo on Xbox and Mario kart and smash on switch but I don’t really have anything from Sony. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

Not gonna lie I feel this atm. I’m not usally down hard in any FF game but 16 was like the first time I really felt disappointed.

UO: I want more first party MP titles from Sony. I can llay gears or halo on Xbox and Mario kart and smash on switch but I don’t really have anything from Sony. 

Agree. Sony has some cool mp titles like Killzone and Resistance that I would love to see come back especially Resistance. The second game's co-op mode was some of the most fun I've had with cooperative mp and the competitive side of things could get pretty crazy too having up to 60 players. I believe Sony does have some mp titles in development, so maybe we'll get something good on the mp side of things soon.

UO: GoW Ragnarok was severely disappointing and is far from a masterpiece. Sure the game looks and sounds great and has some superb acting, but the writing has plenty of issues. It's directionless and a complete mess that truly comes to fruition towards the end of the game with the whole Ragnarok event that just builds up to a mud wrestle with Odin, this supposed master manipulator that was being hyped up since GoW 2018. GoW 3 had provided a far better and more memorable "Ragnarok" than this game. I found all of the characters bland aside from maybe Thor. Even Kratos is just this guy that's constantly groaning and snarling about everything except when the developers want you to think he's changed from the rage fueled Kratos of the past. GoW 2018 handled this much better and also told a much more well formed story. This game clearly shows that they essentially smashed two games that were meant to form a trilogy together. It also felt like I was watching a MCU movie half the time and not one of the good ones. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

I agree! I love most of the Sony online games, Killzone, Resistance, MAG, even Warhawk back in the day and would love something new and refreshing for the scene. 

UO: I like multiplayer trophies. I admit they can be infuriating, especially when a game is old and not very popular (and if the servers are switched off i agree they should patch it) but i enjoy the challenge of earning them with-or-against other players and more often than not they don't require me to follow a guide religiously for a second or third playthrough of a mission so i don't miss a collectable or something.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cpt-Redding said:

I agree! I love most of the Sony online games, Killzone, Resistance, MAG, even Warhawk back in the day and would love something new and refreshing for the scene. 

UO: I like multiplayer trophies. I admit they can be infuriating, especially when a game is old and not very popular (and if the servers are switched off i agree they should patch it) but i enjoy the challenge of earning them with-or-against other players and more often than not they don't require me to follow a guide religiously for a second or third playthrough of a mission so i don't miss a collectable or something.

Kinda agree, multiplayer trophies are not as bad as people make them out to be, especially if you actually enjoy the game and not playing it purely for the platinum or server shutdown FOMO (which I'll admit I do fall for myself from time to time). But I feel like some devs put absurdly grindy MP requirements for not good reason, going past the enjoyment time of most players. Also, I believe devs should give MP trophies an additional way to get them through single player unless it's a purely online game i.e Mass Effect Andromeda.

UO: Even though they can be good from time to time, review scores are an awful thing that don't mean much in face value and too many people cling to. It muddies game discussion and turns it into an odd "my favorite game got a higher number" kind of mentality. People should stop getting annoyed when their favorite game didn't get a 10/10 and also stop looking at the number 7 like this, 7 = Bad. Along with the fact people should stop being afraid of using the other numbers. It feels like the scale is 1-3 = Dog shit, 7 = Bad , 8= Okay , 8.5-10= Amazing, but the most of the time it's only around the 7-10 scale. Even if people use the number system (which is fine) each person has a different approach to how they view a game and what they enjoy. A score should always go along with the opinion of the person and not be ignored because we got to read a little.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, PhoenixIKN said:

Kinda agree, multiplayer trophies are not as bad as people make them out to be, especially if you actually enjoy the game and not playing it purely for the platinum or server shutdown FOMO (which I'll admit I do fall for myself from time to time). But I feel like some devs put absurdly grindy MP requirements for not good reason, going past the enjoyment time of most players. Also, I believe devs should give MP trophies an additional way to get them through single player unless it's a purely online game i.e Mass Effect Andromeda.

UO: Even though they can be good from time to time, review scores are an awful thing that don't mean much in face value and too many people cling to. It muddies game discussion and turns it into an odd "my favorite game got a higher number" kind of mentality. People should stop getting annoyed when their favorite game didn't get a 10/10 and also stop looking at the number 7 like this, 7 = Bad. Along with the fact people should stop being afraid of using the other numbers. It feels like the scale is 1-3 = Dog shit, 7 = Bad , 8= Okay , 8.5-10= Amazing, but the most of the time it's only around the 7-10 scale. Even if people use the number system (which is fine) each person has a different approach to how they view a game and what they enjoy. A score should always go along with the opinion of the person and not be ignored because we got to read a little.

I actually agree with this.  Although I personally tend to look at 7 as being pretty good, but yes, anything less than 7 is a pass.  Agreed.  One can't always go by online reviews or any reviews for that matter. 

Okay.  Now for my definitely unpopular opinion.  I'm sure to hear a lot of noise about this.

Final Fantasy XIII > Persona 4 Golden

It's just my opinion anyway.  Opinions are like noses.  Everyone has one.  I've played both games and I realize that even though they are both RPGs/JRPGs, they are completely different games.  I absolutely love Final Fantasy XIII.  P4G is good.  It's alright.  I like it.  I certainly do not love it.  It's a decent, solid rpg.  And while we're at it, I didn't enjoy Final Fantasy X at all so I'm sure to hear a lot of noise about all of this.  Oh well.  Whatever.  Just my opinion.  Definitely not a popular one. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Disagree, BUT…

… I do think FFXIII is unfairly maligned, and is a much better game than it gets credit for or recognised as - particularly in terms of the excellent battle mechanics! 

Unpopular Opinion:

60 fps is only a benefit in rhythm, racing, and FPS games… and a solid 30 is perfectly fine elsewhere.

Disagree, because 60fps is also essential in fighting games, but I do agree with the general sentiment that 30fps is mostly fine and there are far more important factors to consider when judging the quality of a game.

Unpopular Opinion:

Even the most vaunted video game story is shallow and colourless compared to narratives in other media.  There are thousands of books with much better stories and character development than the very best video games have to offer.

Edited by WakeUpHP
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 7:21 PM, WakeUpHP said:

Unpopular Opinion:

Even the most vaunted video game story is shallow and colourless compared to narratives in other media.  There are thousands of books with much better stories and character development than the very best video games have to offer.

EDIT: Forgot to reply to you @WakeUpHP, my bad.

I disagree, mainly due to the age of the medium it might not be fair to compare books, shows or movies to videogames. With that being said, I think some games have a much more interesting story than a lot of books for example (granted, I don't read that much). Just the ones that come to mind are: Mass Effect Trilogy, Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2, Dark Souls 1, Returnal, Dead Space Trilogy (cheating a bit here since the movies, novels and comics expand the universe quite a bit), The Last of Us 1 and 2, Grand Theft Auto 4. 

I usually let games sit with me for a while and think about them after finishing them which usually helps me feel like the story had an impact on me. I also often look for analysis or video-essays (as much as I despise the word) to see how other people interpret a story and see where my views line up with others, this gose for discussing them as well.

Where I'd agree with you is the amount of story a game can tell is a lot less. Even with a full trilogy of games, there is no way to add as much story to games as in books. I also think books have a much easier time immersing you, since you can't do anything else when reading, while you can play a game with a spotify playlist or a video in the background, meaning you won't be as invested,

ORIGINAL POST:

Oh boy, I love topics like this. I've been told some of my takes are controversial so here goes:

1.  Assassin's Creed Unity is the best AC game:

I bought it on PC at launch, it even made me buy a new GPU and I still enjoy it. It has the best combat of all the AC games (mainly due to the weapon variety), best parkour system, a great co-op whether it be doing the online missions or just doing collectibles with a friend in the open world. Only department it lacks in is the story, which I have to admin is far weaker than any other AC (maybe with the exception of 4). [Disclosure - I haven't played anything past Unity, so Syndicate and onwards might be more enjoyable]

2. Dark Souls 2 is the best DS game:

Not too much to write about here, but it felt like Dark Souls on steroids, huge world, a great amount of content and bosses, ability to choose your difficulty with Covenants, insanely fun one off weapons (like the spear that acts as a Hammer until you break the stone at the end of it), ability to respawn bosses without doing a full new playthrough. Only thing I didn't enjoy too much was the DLCs. [Disclosure - all my gameplay was done on the SotFS edition]

3. Lollipop Chainsaw is a horrible game:

My bar for enjoyment is quite low, there are only 2 games I can think of where I regret purchasing them. This and Bodycount for the PS3. The game is just boring, I have a childish sense of humor, but the game didn't even make me smirk, the gameplay isn't fun, the bosses aren't enjoyable, the level design is absolutely atrocious (it might as well've been a single corridor), the chainsaw sections offer absolutely nothing and as an overall package, I felt cheated by playing it.

4. Fallout 76 is and was a great game even at launch:

Probably my most controversial take. I loved the game since day 1. There will never be a better Fallout game than New Vegas, but this comes quite close just in terms of pure fun. I loved the concept where every human you meet is an actual player, the game handled it very well lore-wise. Quests given by robots and terminals were just as fun if given by humans. The CAMP building system is probably the most fun building system I've encountered in a game. Not to mention all the free updates Bethesda put out that gave us actual quest choices, human NPCs, new storylines, new bosses and events etc. I keep coming back to the game and even without trophies, I still have plenty of fun and things to do. [Disclosure - I play alone 99% time, currently sitting at 1797 hours, none of the glitches I encountered soured my experience]

5. GTA IV is the best GTA:

I don't think this is too controvertial, but I've had people scream at me for liking it more than GTA San Andreas. Unlike with my previous entries, I mostly enjoy the story here, alongside the best GTA protagonist, Niko Bellic (despite the fact that he mispronounces his own last name, as it it should be pronounced as "Belich" in Serbian). I know this sentence is overused, but the city does feel alive, I've spent countless hours just walking about doing nothing, taking in the scenery. I did enjoy the Online as well, mostly the free roam, but I prefer the PS3 version of GTA V's multiplayer.

6. Physical >>>> Digital

Again, I don't think it's controversial, but I have seen some brain dead takes spouting how physical discs are just licenses for digital games. While unfortunately some disc versions are trash (CoD MW2 PS4/5 being a perfect example due to having almost nothing on disc) the fact you actually own them and they cannot be taken away from you if you get banned/the servers for online retail shutdown/your license gets revoked etc. is more than enough incentive to buy physical. [Disclaimer - when possible, I like to use a digital version of a game simply because I constantly jump between games and don't have to put the disc in each time. Then preserving the save to be used whenever with a disc version]

Apologies for any spelling mistakes, I'm typing this on a phone and I hope it comes out readable. Would love to see what other think, even if you disagree with all I wrote.

Edited by Letenko
Spelling
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Letenko said:

Oh boy, I love topics like this. I've been told some of my takes are controversial so here goes:

1.  Assassin's Creed Unity is the best AC game:

I bought it on PC at launch, it even made me buy a new GPU and I still enjoy it. It has the best combat of all the AC games (mainly due to the weapon variety), best parkour system, a great co-op whether it be doing the online missions or just doing collectibles with a friend in the open world. Only department it lacks in is the story, which I have to admin is far weaker than any other AC (maybe with the exception of 4). [Disclosure - I haven't played anything past Unity, so Syndicate and onwards might be more enjoyable]

2. Dark Souls 2 is the best DS game:

Not too much to write abput here, but it felt like Dark Souls on steroidy, huge world, a great amount of content and bosses, agility to choose your difficulty with Covenants, insanely fun one off weapons (like the spear that acts as a Hammer until you break the stone at the end of it), agility to respawn bosses without doing a full new playthrough. Only thing I didn't enjoy too much was the DLCs. [Disclosure - all my gameplay was done on the SotFS edition]

3. Lollipop Chainsaw is a horrible game:

My bar for enjoyment is quite low, there are only 2 games I can think of where I regret purchasing them. This and Bodycount for the PS3. The game is just boring, I have a childish sense of humor, but the game didn't even make me smirk, the gameplay isn't fun, the bosses aren't enjoyable, the level design is absolutely atrocious (it might as well've been a single corridor), the chainsaw sections offer absolutely nothing and as an overall package, I felt cheated by playing it.

4. Fallout 76 is and was a great game even at launch:

Probably my most controversial take. I loved the game since day 1. There will never be a better Fallout game than New Vegas, but this comes quite close just in terms of fun. I loved the concept where every human you meet is an actual player, the game handled it very well lore-wise. Quests given by robots and terminals were just as fun if given by humans. The CAMP building system is probably the most fun building system I've encountered. Not to mention all the free updates Bethesda put put that gave us actual quest choices, human NPCs, new storylines, new bosses and event etc. I keep coming back to the game and even without trophies, I still have plenty of fun and things to do. [Disclosure - I play alone 99% time, currently sitting at 1797 hours, none of the glitches I encountered soured my experience]

5. GTA IV is the best GTA:

I don't think this is too controvertial, but I've had people scream at my for liking more than GTA San Andreas. Unlike with my previous entries, I mostly enjoy the story here, alongside the best GTA protagonist, Niko Bellic (despite the fact that he mispronounces his own last name, as it it should be pronounced as Belich in Serbian). I know this sentence is overused, but the city does feel alive, I've spent countless hours just walking about doing nothing, taking in the scenery. I did emjoy the Online. but I prefer the PS3 version of GTA V's multiplayer.

6. Physical >>>> Digital

Again, I don't think jt's controversial, but I have seen some brain dead takes spouting how physical discs are just licenses for digital game. While unfortunately, some disc versions are trash (CoD MW2 PS4/5 being a perfect example due to having almost nothing on disc) the fact you actually own them and they cannot be taken away from you if you get banned/the servers for online retail shutdown/your ljcense gets revoked etc. is more than enough incentive to buy physical. [Disclaimer - when possible, I like to use a digital version of a game simply because I constantly jump between games and don't have to put the disc in each time. Then preserving the save to be used whenever with a disc version]

Apologies for any spelling mistakes, I'm typing this on a phone and I hope it comes out readable. Would love to see what other think, even if you disagree with all I wrote.

N/A for everything except 6, with which I agree. Digitals can't beat the feeling of owning physical copies of your favorite games.

RWBY Arrowfell is a good game. (It's not my opinion, but that's the only one that came to my mind.)

2 hours ago, Cpt-Redding said:

Agree, as long as they are trophies you’d get from playing the game normally - and not some weird over-the-top requirement that would necessitate boosting.  There can be a rush of adrenaline and sense of accomplishment earning multiplayer trophies, if they are implemented correctly. 

In general, I prefer trophies that you’d earn through mostly normal gameplay.  You still need skill or it might be an objective you wouldn’t do normally, but you are playing the game in a natural way.  The worst are insane offline grinds that are mindlessly boring.  Don’t waste my time.   

UO:  Sports games are highly overlooked by the trophy hunting community.  It makes sense in that a lot of trophy hunters are probably not the most active and therefore didn’t grow up playing sports but sports games in today’s era are very deep with lots of varying game modes.  Yes, platinums tend to be tough, as they are typically skill-dependent and a grind on top of that, which is likely another deterrent.  But having played and platted the likes of NBA 2K, MLB the Show, NHL, Madden, etc, I can say they have been wildly entertaining experiences.  I’m not advocating getting yearly releases of each though but give whichever sport you like best a try 😁

• Like 1

Agreed, but i consider there are some facts that make this a more interesting topic, like it was talked in other threads, its funny that a game like fifa 22 ps5 has so many ultra rare trophies that are so easy, like just playing and passing the practice tutorials, because the number of players in total, being a ps plus game is huge, and being a popular game makes it even bigger, because the casual gamers who just play a mode or two, make a number for the ultra rare status, and because yes, many trophy hunters avoid sports games because they are long, they requiere some practice to plat, also they have a time before a feature within the game is shut down, so yes, there are many factors that can be turnovers for many, but that said, there are many great sports fun games. to plat

Firstly, what a great topic thread, I cant believe I've never stumbled across this one before now...

Unpopular Opinion - Sekiro is overrated, overhyped and its nowhere near as difficult as many, many gamers would have you believe.

Having now played (and got the plats for) Demon Souls, DS1 - DS3, bloodborne and Elden Ring I'd argue that it is far and away the weakest 'soulsborne' game (I understand technically it may not be souls game for some players, but honestly, Im not here to argue this technicality) fromsoftware have released....like its not even close. The other 6 games are way, way, way out ahead and Sekiro is far, far behind....a microbe on the horizon. 

Its boring. The story is weak. It took me nearly three years to be able to break through the first couple of hours as every time I picked it up and tried to get into it, it just bored me shitless so fast. I found it incredibly hard to engage with and never once was sucked into the world or story.

The enemies are pretty much all the same (blokes with swords), there are no weapon variations, there is very little skill required in relation to what people would have you believe - even though it is a little facetious and a provocative statement I have claimed before that Im pretty sure you could get deep in the game just by spamming L1. Skill is not a pre-requisite for sekiro, at least this is what I believe having now finished it. I am astonished that a fromsoft game that gives you a massive red on screen prompt any time you need to press 'x' or circle button is thought of as difficult. I constantly felt as if it was a wind-up when playing through the game. On screen prompts? Like you cant get more justification that the game is easy can you?

The music is dull and basic compared to the other games, exploration is not rewarded in any way like the other games listed. Just another seed of some shit I'll never ever use because there is never a situation that requires me to do anything more than really press L1. 

The bosses are so dull. Like so dull compared to the other games. A lot of the bosses you dont even have to move, you can just stand there hitting L1 and R1 and youve beaten it. Like I really did find it laughable that so many people claim its a skillful game. Its the only fromsoft game Ive played where I was consistently beating them on my first or second try. People talk about difficulty yet I spent more time on Malenia from Elden Ring alone than I did in two full playthroughs of sekiro's bosses. And there seems too high a percentage of copy and paste bosses and mini-bosses. I mean it must be the studio's smallest game and yet every other boss is just a rehash of one you just fought. It felt lazy and that some of the developers were finding it hard to be enthusiastic whilst making the game as i was playing it. weak.

And difficulty is something that has been levelled at me in this debate before - that is that some people will argue that sekiro is 'objectively' more difficult than the others because you cant summon, or grind away to level up weapons etc. And whilst I accept it is true that you cant do these things, what amazes me is that the connection is never made that sekiro doesn't have these things because it is a ridiculously simple game compared to the others. If you put summons, or co-op or weapons you could improve into sekiro it would be so simple that it would become a completely different game. Sekiro doesnt have these things because the payer doesn't need any of it to get through the game. You take those things out of elden ring for example and it would become near impossible for 1000s and 1000s of players to complete. Its already an incredibly hard game even with all of that 'help'. So for me, its not an argument that I give much weight to. Summons and levels up or not, I really believe sekiro is by far and away the easiest game of the seven mentioned here.

The grind post-game is also obscene. Now I appreciate that grinding is something personal to me - I HATE it more than anything else in gaming. But I dont know if it just seems this way to me, but the grind in sekiro post game seems far and away the worst of the fromsoft games. SO bad that I just cant face it and the only way I will get the last trophy I need for the plat is if one of my kids does the grinding for me. Im just not interested in a third playthrough or killing the same group of enemies over and over. The game is nowhere near good enough to warrant that kind of time sink.

So that's my unpopular opinion. Sekiro is ranked 7th for me (by a long, long way) when compared to the other 6 fromsoft games it usually ends up in a list with

On 10/6/2023 at 2:43 PM, Baker said:

Unpopular opinion: Jak II is by far the best Jak & Daxter game.

That's not a unpopular opinion. It's one of the most popular opinions with the series.

This isn't like a "DmC2" or "SMB2" situation wherein those games are so overwhelmingly agreed upon to be worse than other installments in their series.

There's been a sizably comparable amount of supporters on both sides [TPL & JII] for decades. Now regarding what the most popular opinion is another topic.

On 10/6/2023 at 2:50 PM, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Most platformers never change their formula. J&D2 was totally different genre than the first game.

First sentence, agreed. Second sentence is just incorrect, and I'll briefly explain why. The main genre of the first game is an action-platformer. The main genre of the second game is also an action-platformer. Both games also contain the gameplay elements of racing and shooting.

What changed between both games was the second game dropping the "collectathon" sub-genre, which was widely dying and the series needed to abandon. (Sly 2: Band of Thieves did the same exact thing. Ratchet & Clank straight up avoided the sub-genre from the beginning—Insomniac Games did that purposely—though funnily enough it did still quickly change and trade its main genre from a platformer with shooting to a shooter with platforming by the second installment alone, committing even further to that renewed direction throughout the PS2 era, with the most notable and drastic case being the Halo-heavily-influenced "Deadlocked" title.)

10 hours ago, PotrikBerger said:

Unpopular Opinion - Sekiro is overrated, overhyped and its nowhere near as difficult as many, many gamers would have you believe.

For the time being I have no grounded opinion on that. 

Unpopular opinion: Just Cause 4 is better than Just Cause 3

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

That's not a unpopular opinion. It's one of the most popular opinions with the series.

This isn't like a "DmC2" or "SMB2" situation wherein those games are so overwhelmingly agreed upon to be worse than other installments in their series.

I always got the impression that mostly people enjoyed Jak 3 over 2. I prefer the second game myself as well though.

• Like 1

Unpopular Opinion: The Last of Us series is mid. I bought the first one back when it originally came out and never finished it. I thought it was boring and just riding on the coat tails of the zombie craze at the time (i.e. The Walking Dead). Never felt any connection to the characters at all. I never played the second one and never intend to. Just a mid series overall. 

It's normal for people to not have any emotional attachment to fictional characters. And these types of games that have more appreciation for history than gameplay are not for everyone, for me, they are the type of game that is only good to play once. Besides, both PlayStation and Naughty Dog keep overloading the franchise with unnecessary remakes and with rumors that there will be a "remake" of pt.2 too, and this ends up pushing me further and further away.

Anyway, let's go with my unpopular opinions (or popular depending on your point of view lol):

- God of War (1 to Ascension) is much better than '2018 and Ragnarok;

-Gran Turismo 5 was the last masterpiece in the franchise;

-DMC is a great hack'n slash, but it sucks like "Devil May Cry";

-Remasters and remakes mean a lack of creativity from developers.

Agree on the older God of War games being more fun and fast-paced than the new ones. GT5 (and Prologue) were my intro into GT and I enjoyed them. DmC is mechanically better than DMC1, but I prefer the latter's atmosphere (and Dante!) more. 

Disagree on remasters/remakes showing a lack of creativity. Sometimes a series may have been dormant for so long that a remaster is a great way for companies to gauge intrest in a new game and bring new fans in. Remakes are also a great way to fall in love with a game all over again (Capcom made the RE1 remake back in their most creative years). Granted, both are unnecessary when a game's less than a decade old.

Unpopular Opinion: long load-times are sometimes a good thing. You can take a mini-break to look at the time or grab a snack.

Agreed because sometimes I just wanna take a second to relax but on PS5 the load times are near instant. 

Unpopular opinion: while I do like the Insomniac Spider-Man games, I don't think they're revolutionary or anything like many would suggest. I find the huge hype towards SM2 a little strange.

• Like 2

Agreed. They're very good games that excel at what they are, but I don't think they're really groundbreaking in any way. And almost every possible Spider-Man story has already been done. Enjoy the symbiote storyline again for the 500th time.

Unpopular opinion: Kingdom Hearts' story is actually very simple and quite easy to follow if you play all the games in the correct order and pay attention.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LilIelaps said:

Unpopular opinion: Kingdom Hearts' story is actually very simple and quite easy to follow if you play all the games in the correct order and pay attention.

I find this interesting given how much I saw people online say the games are very complicated and at times nonsensical. Do you have a personal recommended order for the ones available on PS3/4?