Don't you hate it when you get randomly deleted by friends for no reason?

necroshifter86

Don't you hate it when so called "friends" randomly delete you for no reason whatsoever? I'm talking about the same people that kick you for no reason if you join their chats (or even games lobbies) as well. Yes I get space is needed for more people on your list, and that you can get deleted accidently but idk whats going on in this world. Its happened like 100 times now in like my 4 years on ps3 and ps4. Just want to know if this happens to other people as well. And Im not a troll, Im one of those people thats trying to be a nicer person every day and want to be good friends with people.

Oh yeah, if you want to add me, I'll accept any friend requests as I am trying to make more cool friends on psn as I said. :)

• Haha 1

I have a bad habit of doing this to people myself. I don't play many online multi-player games, but whenever I do I tend to make a few friends. However, after I move onto other games, I will never play with those people again because it never comes to mind, then I just delete the after a month or so. There is no harsh feelings, I just like a selective group.

• Like 1

Yeah, just makes me wonder why add me in the first place. But then again, I never notice who it was that deleted me so they couldn't have been important, lol.

I rarely play online now, but most of my friends came from when I used to play Black Ops every night. Others are from this site.

I was offline for nearly a year, was glad to see most kept me added. :P

Edited by -Dark Mark-

No, I don't really hate it. If people delete me from list they most  likely don't think of me as a friend and cause of that we probably  wouldn't get along anyway. I don't believe it's random.

Well, i fr one delete anyone without any 'warning' message for any one of the following reasons:

1. They have not been on PSN in over 21 days - (i assume they have changed accounts or quit)

2. They send a chain message "send this to 10 friends and get £50 psn voucher!" - (i assume they are a moron)

3. They keep inviting me to games i dont own - (i assume they are ignorant)

4. They send me a "Real Name Request" - (i assume they are a criminal)

5. They play music during a game on mike - (i assume they are a cun t)

6. They send racist, sexist or homophobic messages - (i KNOW they are a cun t)

7. I need to make room - (i delete people i dont know personally below a certain PSN level)

So ... everybody right?

• Like 1

I recently culled my list, which was mainly populated by people who had added me in order to boost the bounties in Uncharted: Golden Abyss using [near]. I have obtained the bounties, and helped boost theirs from time to time, but no longer have the game on my Vita and don't play it anymore. We added one another for a particular purpose, which has now been served. Personally, I am open to playing with people I don't know if they're interested in playing similar games to me, but mostly my friends list is made up of people I know IRL.

I don't have many people on my friends list. Generally when I do get people on there it's for gaming sessions. Every now and then I clean those up (usually once every couple of months). Unless people actually stay in contact with me every now and again I delete them. I never accidentally deleted someone, but I don't keep people on my list just so I have a big list.

If I don't know them personally, and we've only played a game together for trophy boosting and we don't really talk or anything besides that, they're not friends, and as such, they have no reason to be on my friends list.

I have met some people through boosting that do stay in touch and I won't delete, I don't  have high standards :P. I just don't see the point in having a bunch of randoms on my list.

Edited by Ric

Well, I usually don't care when someone delete me but recently I added someone to boost a specific game and that person only added me back like 3 days later, I was totally ok with that but the fact is that this person then kept sending me message during the day for me to join him and do the trophies at that time, actually I was with friends playing another game, so I answered the guy that I couldn't help him today but maybe later on.

One day later I discover that the guy has deleted me.

And as I said, usually I don't care, but this time it really pissed me off and I pm him something... not really nice.(something about getting a life...)

Now I feel bad about what I've done... :S Maybe I'm just another moron...

You win some and you lose some, per say. There are plenty of people out there who simply befriend just to further themselves and their own goals whilst there are some people who genuinely want to make new friends and connections, and continue to experience other games and fun thereafter.

I had a couple of 'friends' added from years back from another forum, never spoke to them at all. Got Destiny on release day, saw those two friends playing Destiny (didn’t make the connection they played together), semi-crashed into their game and party and now they’re some of my best friends I speak to on a daily basis via Skype!

However, on the other hand, someone recently added me from PSNProfiles asking if I could help them get Shadow of Mordor platinum, I was all too happy to oblige and help, they got their platinum and thanked me for it. Went quiet for a couple of weeks then they randomly started spamming me with DriveClub Challenges and Club invites. Completely unannounced and without thought, charming eh? I removed them and a few days later I got a blank invite from them, ignored it and that’s the end of them.

What my point is, there are some genuine people out there, necroshifter86 you sound like one of them, but it’s all too easy to be lulled into a false sense of security and think ‘friendship’ will continue.  

My best advice to you is to not worry about it, if you’re looking to make good, honest, reliable and generally fun friends. Then you’ll find them, and those who silently remove you have done you a favour too. It’s obvious they don’t have the same friendly aspirations as you. ^_^

Edited by Takara
  • Like 1

Well, i fr one delete anyone without any 'warning' message for any one of the following reasons:

1. They have not been on PSN in over 21 days - (i assume they have changed accounts or quit)

2. They send a chain message "send this to 10 friends and get £50 psn voucher!" - (i assume they are a moron)

3. They keep inviting me to games i dont own - (i assume they are ignorant)

4. They send me a "Real Name Request" - (i assume they are a criminal)

5. They play music during a game on mike - (i assume they are a cun t)

6. They send racist, sexist or homophobic messages - (i KNOW they are a cun t)

7. I need to make room - (i delete people i dont know personally below a certain PSN level)

Sexist, Racist and Homophobic seems to very subjective nowadays. 

What do you consider to be those things? 

Give me an example.. are we talking jokes? Or are we talking, if a woman on FL says, all men are pigs.. do you delete her? 

If a white man says, fuck n iggers, do you delete him? Who wouldn't right.. but if he makes a joke that plays on black stereotypes, do you delete him then? 

If your anti racism all encompassing? Do you delete Black racists too? For example if they keep saying "white boy" at the end of every sentence.. how do you deal with that?

Furthermore, If someone says "faggot" to someone who's not gay, do you delete them? Or do they need to an obvious hatred/disgust for gay people in general? 

Edited by Humonic
  • Like 2

Want a friend who won't delete you? Just add me :) You get deleted by someone, chances are they never had an intention of making a friendship with you. Are you getting deleted by randoms from pugs and boosting session forums? Can't expect those ones to stick around.

It's difficult to meet genuine people online, but the diamonds to be found.. I have friends who I met online 15 years ago, and we still keep in touch to this day. These are my closest friends, too, as I can tell them anything without fear of offline interference or judgement. I have offline friends from 15 years ago, who I'm lucky to see once a year, and I wouldn't trust with my cat.

• Like 2

Give me an example.. are we talking jokes? Or are we talking, if a woman on FL says, all men are pigs.. do you delete her?

If a white man says, fuck n iggers, do you delete him? Who wouldn't right.. but if he makes a joke that plays on black stereotypes, do you delete him then?

If your anti racism all encompassing? Do you delete Black racists too? For example if they keep saying "white boy" at the end of every sentence.. how do you deal with that?

Furthermore, If someone says "faggot" to someone who's not gay, do you delete them? Or do they need to an obvious hatred/disgust for gay people in general?

Its easy - i I think its offensive i delete them. One of the advantages to not being a corporation or a forum or answering to anyone else is that i dont have to explicitly state my criteria - i just have to know when i see it

But yes - to answer your question about the term "faggo t" - i would delete anyone for using it in any capacity, along with the N word

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

honestly the only time that i find it really bothers me. is if its someone that i have been friends with for a long time ya know? not just some boosting buddy or what have you. but someone i've played mutiple games over mutiple platforms with etc etc. or if id know them personally in real life. now that this topic has been brought up i have a bunch of ac:brotherhood boosters on my list i should probably thin out.

Its easy - i I think its offensive i delete them. One of the advantages to not being a corporation or a forum or answering to anyone else is that i dont have to explicitly state my criteria - i just have to know when i see it

But yes - to answer your question about the term "faggo t" - i would delete anyone for using it in any capacity, along with the N word

Words do not matter, the context does, I find your stance on that to be childish if I'm honest. 

You're going to deleting a lot of Black people for using the word n_igger.. have fun. 

• Like 2

I would delete any of those people. None of that seems particularly subjective to me. I find such behaviors ignorant, if nothing else, and I generally want to get as far away from them as possible.

Words do not matter, the context does, I find your stance on that to be childish if I'm honest. 

You're going to deleting a lot of Black people for using the word n_igger.. have fun. 

Then he'll delete them. I hardly think your view is any more "enlightened" than his. And for the record, not a single black person I know uses such offensive language. Perhaps I am fortunate, in that I am in a professional situation (academia), but I see nothing "childish" about his stance. Such people are noisome.

• Like 1

If you talk to each other fairly often and play together a few times, then get deleted, I can get why someone would not like that. But if you met because of a boosting session, played together that one time, then maybe talked again only once or twice after before you got deleted, why be mad?