Nomura wants to remake Final Fantasy V & VI

Venocide

Square Enix's recently announced Final Fantasy VII Remake won't just be a carbon copy of the original release with spruced up visuals.

In an interview with Dengeki Online (via Gematsu) director Tetsuya Nomura confirmed that the game "won’t be a simple remake," noting that "even if we were only making the graphics prettier for a next-generation machine, I don’t think it would exceed the original version."

As far as where the team is in the development process, Nomura went on to add: “We haven’t put out any screenshots yet, but we’re making considerable progress, so please look forward to it."

Better yet, the studio plans to share more information later this year. "I believe we’re going to announce the official title, at least, but as for other details, we’re in the process of determining what we’re going to put out."

Believe it or not, however, Final Fantasy VII Remake may not be the only title in Square's popular role-playing series to get such treatment, as Nomura told VentureBeat that he'd like to remake Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI as well.

I love that Sqaure's remaking Final Fantasy VII but if they remake Final Fantasy VI... holy shit..

Edited by Venocide

Pssttt, go the other way... go up... go up to VIII and IX....

Although to be honest, they have a magnificent opportunity to remake I - VI, make them fully 3D and bring this missing era to an audience that's been grabbed by the later generations.

Half the work is done, scenario, characters etc.  Potentially have a real money make on their hands, both in direct sales and their investors piqued interest.

Holy crap if they redid FFVI that would be epic. Forget V, It was good, just not as good as IV or VI. Sounds like their actually getting serious about what fans want. Even if it is 2-3 years away or more, I have to respect them for now at least trying and not hiding behind "we won't remake VII until we outdo it". Which I always took as a cop out.

Am I the only one excited for a even a thought of FFV remake? True it's story is not that great as other FF Franchise... but admit it, it introduce us to Gilgamesh and Blue Mage job.... oh.. and it also has Omega and Shinryu.

FFVI remake is another yay!!! more Ultros and Typhon in HD ^_^ and of course..

wanna see Kefka destroying the World in HD ^_^

Just wish this happens... 

Edited by JeieeM
  • Like 2

Final Fantasy V and VI deserve one, amazing games. Especially 5, has one of the greatest villains and the saddest Final Fantasy death by far... Not going to spoil for those who haven't played it but Final Fantasy 5 is a forgotten gem, mainly because the original was never released in English until more recent years.

I love that Sqaure's remaking Final Fantasy VII but if they remake Final Fantasy VI... holy shit..

FFVI is my single favorite game of all time, but Square will absolutely screw it up. Please Square - you've already mucked up FF's future. Leave its past alone.

Sounds like their actually getting serious about what fans want...

...or at least what a vocal internet minority wants. Edited by starcrunch061