National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

As a Eagles fan (yeah and also a Browns fan as well) if I was the FO, I would do everything in my power to keep Foles. The offense is totally different with him under center than Wentz. Wentz likes to lock onto 1 receiver and forgets the rest, Foles spreads the ball around and keeps the defense honest and have to defend everything. If they let him go, it’ll be a big mistake. 

Edited by kidson2004

2 hours ago, closertim said:

Think I went 2/4  with my guesses.  I'd love a Patriots win next week.  

I have to say no to that for obvious reasons. :P  Would like the Rams to win the NFC.

Brady doesn't like playing at Arrowhead. A friend of mine was at the game and he said it was crazy even for Arrowhead. Bet it'll only be crazier Sunday.

Took a while for the Saints to wake up, but they did, so 4/4 this weekend.

Also, am I the only one who felt bad for Philip Rivers?

12 hours ago, TheLakota said:

It's really a great problem to have: Philly has arguably the best backup QB in the league. 

I don't  think anyone who knows football would argue against that. He is the most recent Super Bowl MVP.

So we are left with:

New England Patriots @ Kansas City Chiefs 

I am going for KC here. Huge Tom Brady fan but would love to see a AFC team other than the Patriots in the SB. Coincidentally I believe whomever wins this game wins the SB.

Los Angeles Rams @ New Orleans Saints 

Both teams didn't look particularly sharp this past weekend. I would give the edge to the Rams based on the Saint's head-to-head win during the regular season.  It was a closely fought battle that the Saints pulled out where Coach McVay made some bad calls that backfired. The Rams have something to prove here. 

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

But Sean Payton would never have fooled me with that early fake punt.

I also saw it comming, being #7 Taysom Hill the personal protector on punts and in a 4th and 1, some trick was comming up involving him.

Everytime he is on the field you can expect anything to happen he's like a Madden created player, he can do it all.

3-1 this week. They took a roundabout way to get there, but my SB picks are still alive, so I'm going with Brees and Brady.

As for Foles, I say ship him to the Raiders so he can terrorize the AFC for a while. Dude's too good to be a backup (although he didn't exactly do himself any favors this week).

43 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

I also saw it comming, being #7 Taysom Hill the personal protector on punts and in a 4th and 1, some trick was comming up involving him.

Everytime he is on the field you can expect anything to happen he's like a Madden created player, he can do it all.

The Eagles saw it coming too, look at how they bunched up and crowded the LOS.  Just couldn't stop it.

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

3-1 this week. They took a roundabout way to get there, but my SB picks are still alive, so I'm going with Brees and Brady.

As for Foles, I say ship him to the Raiders so he can terrorize the AFC for a while. Dude's too good to be a backup (although he didn't exactly do himself any favors this week).

I'm still on the fence with Foles, he's been damn good over the past couple of seasons but he was also a backup for a reason.  I guess the Jags or Denver could consider going after him, I mean, he couldn't be any worse right?  Seems like if the Raiders were going to trade Carr this would have been the season to do it.

8 hours ago, Conker said:

Now this is just dumb and also the dumb thing he did on the last kneel down of game https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagles-michael-bennett-confronts-cameraman-on-field-after-playoff-loss-to-saints/

He's as sore a loser as many fans can be. Philly cameraman was just doing his damn job. 

Edited by TheLakota

17 minutes ago, Splathew said:

This whole NE trying to act like underdogs thing is cute. They have been owning the NFL for like 15 years and could very well win another SB this year. I don't want to hear it...

The reason they're being regarded as underdogs -- and rightly so, mind you -- is their losing record while playing on the road this year. 

When you're going up against KC it's warranted, trust me. 

Besides, you should be happy people consider you frontrunners. Bucky's dumb ass has consistently picked against the Saints almost every single week in his quest for an "I told you so" moment. 

Edited by TheLakota

2 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

Question to all: would you trade Nick Foles for Leonard Fournette? 

If I were the Eagles and I thought that Nick Foles was going to void the last year of his contract to enter into Free Agency, I probably would.  If only to get something for nothing.  ?

9 minutes ago, acasser said:

If I were the Eagles and I thought that Nick Foles was going to void the last year of his contract to enter into Free Agency, I probably would.  If only to get something for nothing.  1f61c.png

Even if that "something" were a thug?

Ingram is a free agent after this season, and there's a very real possibility he's not coming back. 

On 1/14/2019 at 10:02 PM, Conker said:

Now this is just dumb and also the dumb thing he did on the last kneel down of game https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagles-michael-bennett-confronts-cameraman-on-field-after-playoff-loss-to-saints/

When Sherm left, I wasn't upset, because of his shit attitude but I also wasn't happy.  When Earl leaves, I won't be upset but I also won't be happy.  When Bennett left, I danced a freakin' jig.  Dude became an absolute cancer in the locker room and a dirty player on the field (I remember him diving at an O-lineman's knees during a kneeldown play towards the end of the season last year too).  There's some other off the field incidents that have come up as well but I'll leave those alone.

10 hours ago, TheLakota said:

Even if that "something" were a thug?

This is the National Football League.  An awful lot of their players have issues of one sort or another.  If you're going to insist that all your team's players are choir boys with pristine records, you're probably not going to have a very talented team and you're probably not going to win very many games.

That doesn't mean you want to assemble those Cincinnati teams of a decade or two ago whose combined rap sheets were longer than my arm, or try to imitate the NBA's Portland "Jail Blazers" crew from a similar time frame (to pull a reference from another sport), but Leonard Fournette hasn't gone so far as to disqualify him from playing for my team at the right price.

Not yet, anyhow.  But he's only been in the League for two years, so there's plenty of time for him to change my mind on that aspect of things.

• Like 2