National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

10 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Seems like more 3-0 and 0-3 teams that usual at this point.  Less parity than normal.

is it too early to give the Cowboys the NFC East?  3-0 and already a 2 game lead, but not a single win against a team that has a win.  (Giants and Skins yet to play this week).

Yea even as a Cowboys fan we have been playing teams that are just lackluster (or that are not good). Eagles losing 2 games in a row shocks me because they are great but the injuries that have ridden them have not helped 

My colts win, but again, I'm just getting pounded in Fantasy football in both of my ESPN leagues. Golladay is getting targets, but can't haul them in when I need them, and I'm going up against Julio in both... I just can't catch a break! Already looking like money down the drain for this year. ?

Hopefully this beating will be what it takes for Seattle to pull their heads outta their asses and clean some glaring problems up.  Carson's fumbleitus, an unbelievably stupid penalty turning a missed field goal and good field position into an eventual TD (special teams as a whole was a liability and DAMN the Saints have one hell of a punter), Pete saving his time-outs at the end of the first half because he apparently believes they have a cash value, ugh, that was an "if they can f--k it up they will" type of game if I've ever seen one and the Saints are too good of a team to make that many bone-headed mistakes against, even without Brees.  On to the Cards.

3 minutes ago, majob said:

I'd hate to be a Bucs fan right now. That's some serious heartbreak to have such an easy kick and miss it

2 minutes ago, Conker said:

The Kicking issues rear there head yet again in Tampa but Damn what a game by Daniel Jones, maybe the Giants season isn't done yet 

I'm not a fan of the Bucs, but my friend is a huge Giants fan and I love poking fun at her when they lose. xD 

Huge win for The texans against the chargers to keep with the Colts after they Beat Atlanta today.

Carolina avoid being 0-3 with a 18  point win over Arizona with a impressieve game from Kyle Allen, which know makes it a easy call to let Cam get fully  healthy befoe he plays again.

Steelers drop to 0-3 with grity lose to the 49ers who are 3-0

41 minutes ago, Conker said:

Huge win for The texans against the chargers to keep with the Colts after they Beat Atlanta today.

Carolina avoid being 0-3 with a 18  point win over Arizona with a impressieve game from Kyle Allen, which know makes it a easy call to let Cam get fully  healthy befoe he plays again.

Steelers drop to 0-3 with grity lose to the 49ers who are 3-0

Cam Newton may have just got Wally Pipped......Kyle Allen looked great.

Niners won despite committing 5 turnovers (4 in the first half). Last team to do that was Seattle in the 2014 conference championship game.

Teams starting 0-3 have historically a 2.8% chance of making the playoffs. There are 5 0-3 teams currently and they are all in the AFC!

75% of teams that go 3-0 end up making the playoffs.

Patriots at the Bills next week in a battle of 3-0 teams. Bills are 5-29 vs. Pats in their last 34 meetings.

Nothing positive to say about the Jets today.  They're a putrid team depleted by injuries and suspensions, and they needed their defense and special teams to get them a backdoor cover on the mega-point spread.  Thank goodness for the Bye, because maybe some guys can get healthy before their next game in two weeks.  (Pro betting tip:  the Jets have never beaten Philadelphia in a regular season game in franchise history, and that's who they play next.)

The offensive line is completely incohesive.  They're down two wide receivers, two quarterbacks, and they haven't figured out how to use more than Le'Veon Bell in the backfield.  Oh yeah, the play-calling is fucking godawful, too.  I was so like "whatever" when Adam Gase was hired, but he's not making a fan out of me.  Plenty of viable excuses why the team sucks, but Gase could control a few things to make it easier.

And Luke Falk?  Not the answer.  Dude holds on to the ball way too long and can't make throws.

1 hour ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

What the actual fuck Tampa. :facepalm: 

As I texted to one of my friends, a Giants fan:  Hooray?  The Giants did everything they could there at the end to give the game to Tampa, and the Buccaneers gave it right back.

Seriously.  When you spike the ball with 11 seconds to play inside the ten-yard line, take a shot or two at the end zone.  Especially when you've got a guy like Mike Evans who can simply out-athlete anybody the Giants are going to put on him and bring down a jump ball or something.  But what else would you expect from a fucked-up coaching staff that includes the greatest coach in New York sports history:  Todd Bowles.  (I know Bowles wasn't making the decisions there, but his stink rubs off on it by his mere presence.)

• Like 2