National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

6 hours ago, Yuna4353 said:

He still gets paid because he still would be considered on the active roster through I don't think he can play through I think im wrong on that. 

Players on the Commissioner's Reserve List are not considered part of the active 53-man roster.  Nor are guys serving suspensions, for drugs or otherwise.

Because that would be deemed as punishing the team for the mis-deeds of a player.  Which perhaps ought to be a thing, at least in some situations, if only to serve as a discouragement for such behavior.  Players would probably police their own better if they had to bear some (more) of the burden of a teammate's suspension, and teams might start having less tolerance for all these "talented but" players who can't get their acts together.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 9:06 PM, acasser said:

Players on the Commissioner's Reserve List are not considered part of the active 53-man roster.  Nor are guys serving suspensions, for drugs or otherwise.

Because that would be deemed as punishing the team for the mis-deeds of a player.  Which perhaps ought to be a thing, at least in some situations, if only to serve as a discouragement for such behavior.  Players would probably police their own better if they had to bear some (more) of the burden of a teammate's suspension, and teams might start having less tolerance for all these "talented but" players who can't get their acts together.

No, this isn't the military, you can't police the actions of another person and nor should you be punished for their actions that aren't on the field.

2 hours ago, majob said:

nor should you be punished for their actions that aren't on the field.

- That's not really how today's world works. If you suddenly decided to post something hateful, terroristic, racist, etc. on the internet, you might not have a job come Monday morning. Doesn't matter if you didn't do it at work, you have probably violated some kind of employee conduct code.

- I hate to side with Antonio Brown on this one, but if he ends up on the Commissioner's List, he should be paid as long as he is suspended. Why? This is a civil lawsuit. There's no criminal charges on him, and he won't spend a day in jail over this specific matter.  Nobody other than Brown and the accuser truly know what happened, but as this is money-related and not criminal, he should not suddenly lose his wages because of one person's word. 

Time will ultimately tell what becomes of this - he could just pay a settlement out of court and be done with it. But Brown has indicated he will counter-sue over defamation so stay tuned to for the next episode of "As the NFL World Turns."

- And finally, Cam Newton pretty much sucks. Definitely the most overrated player in the league. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

This was a tough one for me. Can't stand Newton. Despise Suh.

Didn't expect the Bucs to win though.

Honestly I wish we got to see more of the storm that delayed the game lol.

yeah a huge win for the Bucs, didn't expect them to win, curious play call for the 4th and 1, and Does cam look fully healthy yet, he's missing easy throws all over the place

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

- That's not really how today's world works. If you suddenly decided to post something hateful, terroristic, racist, etc. on the internet, you might not have a job come Monday morning. Doesn't matter if you didn't do it at work, you have probably violated some kind of employee conduct code.

My point is that coworkers shouldn't be punished for the actions of another employee if it didn't happen in the workplace where said coworkers can potentially stop said problem if they are able. I can understand punishing a team for something a player did on the field if the other players could have prevented it but something Brown SUPPOSEDLY did on his lonesome on his own time, nope, team has no responsibility for that.

52 minutes ago, Conker said:

yeah a huge win for the Bucs, didn't expect them to win, curious play call for the 4th and 1, and Does cam look fully healthy yet, he's missing easy throws all over the place

Cam's accuracy was never great to begin with and his shoulder is probably still busted which means his passing will probably remain abysmal for a while. His contract is coming up next season too.

Edited by majob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, majob said:

My point is that coworkers shouldn't be punished for the actions of another employee if it didn't happen in the workplace where said coworkers can potentially stop said problem if they are able. I can understand punishing a team for something a player did on the field if the other players could have prevented it but something Brown SUPPOSEDLY did on his lonesome on his own time, nope, team has no responsibility for that.

Cam's accuracy was never great to begin with and his shoulder is probably still busted which means his passing will probably remain abysmal for a while. His contract is coming up next season too.

Thanks for the explanation. I now understand your point. 

My bum ass panthers lost again. Had to drink my pain away last night smh. Things I took away from this game.

- something is obviously wrong with Cam. I know his accuracy wasn’t always on point but he was a major dual threat on the ball. Now he can’t run or throw for shit wtf. 

- Norv Turner and his PC is a joke

- Luke Kuechly is still a beast.

this is gonna be a long ass season. Still waiting on Modern Warfare to make my Sunday’s easier smh

7 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Sam Darnold is out for the Jets because he has mono.

Because the Jets be Jet'ing.  Putting up with this is just another small step in a lifetime of Jets fandom.  As a lifelong fan of the team, I'm pretty much numb to this.

On the bright side, the Jets probably weren't going to win many of their next five games, if any at all.  It would have been good for Sam Darnold to have more experience with this crew and Adam Gase's offense, but at least he ought to be back for the soft(er) portion of the schedule.

I didn't expect Seattle to win a 10 A.M. road game against the Steelers but I was hoping they'd at least get beat by Pittsburgh and not screw themselves.  7 (accepted) penalties in the first half for almost 100 yards, which sadly has become what Seattle fans have gotten used to, slow sloppy starts that hopefully don't put them too far behind when the half rolls around.

11 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Vikings just lost a touchdown on a BOOTH review, for offensive pass interference. And the foul, which was questionable, was away from the ball. I knew PI could be challenged, but it's now reviewable on all scoring plays? And not even involving the scorer???

Thanks you Saints fans. Cry babies.

Yeah, the whole review system of a subjective call just seems shady.  And that it can happen on all scoring plays?  Terrible.  Reminds me of when they bungled the whole “completing the catch” nonsense which only resulted in no one knowing what was a catch or not anymore.  Thank goodness, they scrapped that.

A lot of hype between the Rams/Saints rematch.  But it will be the Cowboys or Eagles who represents the NFC in the Super Bowl.

• Like 2