National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

Well who had the Bucs scoring 55 in there win against the Rams in LA? 

Jags win with last second fg, Minshew magic? ;) Broncos 0-4

Yet Again Cousins show's his big game form in there dreadful performance against the Bears in the 16-6 loss

1 hour ago, Conker said:

Well who had the Bucs scoring 55 in there win against the Rams in LA? 

Jags win with last second fg, Minshew magic? ;) Broncos 0-4

Yet Again Cousins show's his big game form in there dreadful performance against the Bears in the 16-6 loss

The Bucs was huge shock, really wish I could have seen that game.

But I had fun watching Cousins get sacked six times today.

Edited by monkeydluffy512

5 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

After week 1 I doubt the refs will ever whistle a "fumble" dead again, lol.

It's an officiating "point of emphasis" to not blow the play dead if the referees have any doubt.  Because you can always use replay to go back and declare the play dead, but you can't use it to restore the back half of a play that never happened because someone got whistle-happy.

It may be a stupid point in the minds of a lot of people, but them's the rules.  The officials might get damn near everything else wrong, but them calling this one this way isn't one of them.

52 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

When comparing the entertainment value of that Saints/Cowboys game to the Rams/Chiefs Monday nighter from last season, I'll take the low scoring defensive battle every time.  Watching to see which defense is going to crack first and allow the other team to pull ahead (especially when the offenses aren't just being completely inept) is SO much more entertaining (to me) than watching both teams just march down the field scoring on every possession.  That was a damn good game!!

DITTO. That was a good old fashioned slobberknocker of a game. Both clubs looked like solid playoff competitors.

Sunday's Tampa Bay vs. LA Rams game, with all of that scoring, was far less compelling.

Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to MNF 11/11 when the Niners host the Seahawks with SF getting an extra three days rest.

2 minutes ago, PsychicVibe said:

DITTO. That was a good old fashioned slobberknocker of a game. Both clubs looked like solid playoff competitors.

Sunday's Tampa Bay vs. LA Rams game, with all of that scoring, was far less compelling.

Speaking of which, I'm looking forward to MNF 11/11 when the Niners host the Seahawks with SF getting an extra three days rest.

9ers are a team that have perked my ears up.  Their schedule hasn't been a murderer's row so far but that statement's true for Seattle (and honestly, it seems like a wide spread issue this year) as well, and I'm certain no one thought they'd be in 1st place after 4 weeks.  Maybe both our teams can find a way to bring back what was a fun rivalry there for a while.

Late to the party, but here are my thoughts on the games I watched or paid attention to:

• Good win by the Chiefs. I didn't think they looked great, and they were on the road, but found a way to get it done.
  • Poor Broncos. I would say it's the curse of Peyton Manning, but Manning and the Broncos split on amicable terms, and the fans were great to him. Just bad luck right now.
  • It's scary to think that the Patsies can win on the road when they can't score an offensive TD.

13 hours ago, acasser said:

It's an officiating "point of emphasis" to not blow the play dead if the referees have any doubt.  Because you can always use replay to go back and declare the play dead, but you can't use it to restore the back half of a play that never happened because someone got whistle-happy.

It may be a stupid point in the minds of a lot of people, but them's the rules.  The officials might get damn near everything else wrong, but them calling this one this way isn't one of them.

Yeah, but letting it play out backfires a lot.  See last night in the Cowboys/Saints game.  They let Elliot's "fumble" play out when he was 99% likely down, sure appeared that way but did not correct/reverse the call on instant replay. 

We are seeing more and more of this type of nonsense from letting it play out.  Replay needs to fix these calls or else the refs need to make the right call on the field as they see it (i.e. not letting it play out).

Between the Zeke "fumble", two very questionable offensive pass interferences on Amari Cooper, and the TWO-SECOND floater pass before the end of the 1st half to allow the Saints a field goal (spoiler: they won by 2), I can't imagine that Cowboys fans are happy with the officiating.  Maybe last night was justice to placate disgruntled Saints fans but the officiating was horrible.

The clock clearly started late and stopped early (not suppose to stop until the ball hits the ground).  2 seconds for all of that!?  LOL

It looks like the Raiders could be without a linebacker for the rest of the season, as Vontaze Burfict is facing a suspension for the rest of the season due to his helmet to helmet hit on Jack Doyle. I do not know what to think but I guess at least the league is doing this right so no other player does it.    

1 hour ago, Yuna4353 said:

It looks like the Raiders could be without a linebacker for the rest of the season, as Vontaze Burfict is facing a suspension for the rest of the season due to his helmet to helmet hit on Jack Doyle. I do not know what to think but I guess at least the league is doing this right so no other player does it.    

If the powers that be don't suspend him for the season then Gruden should.  Dude should have been outta the league years ago and by the looks of his jack-assery while he was exiting the field he's shown he has no intention of cutting that shit out,  Raiders did the right thing with AB, now it's time to handle their other cancer.

Edited by skidmarkgn

6 minutes ago, skidmarkgn said:

If the powers that be don't suspend him for the season then Gruden should.  Dude should have been outta the league years ago and by the looks of his jack-assery while he was exiting the field he's shown he has no intention of cutting that shit out,  Raiders did the right thing with AB, now it's time to handle their other cancer.

Yea him laughing off the filed was uncalled for, and he has been suspended now, and he is appealing it. I honestly hope that the appeal is denied because this is how he behaves he deserves that suspension.   

2 hours ago, Yuna4353 said:

Yea him laughing off the filed was uncalled for, and he has been suspended now, and he is appealing it. I honestly hope that the appeal is denied because this is how he behaves he deserves that suspension.   

Think suspending him for the whole season and not reducing it is the only way to get through his head. Also cutting off his pay. Then again, once a dirty player, always a dirty player.

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Think suspending him for the whole season and not reducing it is the only way to get through his head. Also cutting off his pay. Then again, once a dirty player, always a dirty player.

This, to me at least, falls into playing in the NFL being a privilege and not a right.  This dude knows the rules, he's already been suspended twice for dirty hits and headhunting (and once more for something else if I remember correctly?) and he's still launching himself at other players' heads, that should be it, 3rd suspension, privilege revoked.  We all have jobs that have rules, if we habitually violate those rules we lose said jobs, this should be no different. 

Edited by skidmarkgn

I highly doubt anything more than the suspension will happen. There's a menagerie of players whom have committed even more foul actions only to continue on with their NFL careers if they're too talented to ignore. Hell, I bet even Brown still has a job waiting for him somewhere when the buzz around him dies down

2 minutes ago, majob said:

I highly doubt anything more than the suspension will happen. There's a menagerie of players whom have committed even more foul actions only to continue on with their NFL careers if they're too talented to ignore. Hell, I bet even Brown still has a job waiting for him somewhere when the buzz around him dies down

Perhaps, but if Belichick couldn't handle him, who can?

1 minute ago, MidnightDragon said:

Perhaps, but if Belichick couldn't handle him, who can?

The Patriots cutting Brown wasn't a case of Bellicheck being unable to handle him. It was a case of Brown being an idiot outside of the locker room and Kraft deciding he didn't want even more of a media circus following his team than there already is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, majob said:

The Patriots cutting Brown wasn't a case of Bellicheck being unable to handle him. It was a case of Brown being an idiot outside of the locker room and Kraft deciding he didn't want even more of a media circus following his team than there already is.

Well, either way. If the Patriots couldn't handle the heat, who can? 

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

I am surprised that he has not been released by the Raiders but since this is not his first offense I doubt his suspension gets overturned because he trying to appeal. At least this will get players' attention not to do this or you could get this.