National Football League Thread

cmgravekeeper

On 2/3/2022 at 11:08 AM, kinnyman said:

As far as bribing to lose games.  I don't think the NFL gives a shit about that and knows it goes on (Eagles v Redskins 2020 last game of season) they just hate the idea of proof coming out that it goes on.  As of right now all i read is 1 witness corroborating a conversation that it happened.  Let's see if he gets a $100,000 bribe to recant lol

Behind my reading of this thread a bit, but...dude. There is no way that the NFL (which has now gotten in bed with multiple sports gambling sites) fails to care about the potential of throwing games. 

I'm honestly surprised that they haven't looked at the potential of officials to manipulate the W/L differential.

Edited by starcrunch061

Not give a shit was too strong a statement,  Yeah, you're right that they'd care somewhat, but I still don't believe they would care as much about it happening versus smoking-gun evidence that a game was thrown which would force their hand to address / admit it happened. 

50% of the games could be proven to be fixed, and people will still bet on it.  I work with a bunch of gambling junkies who will drop $50 on a ping pong game from S. Korea they know nothing about.  It's insane to see how quickly people have become addicted to betting apps,

Just now, Zio_Sam87 said:

Wow, no flags all game and a nonsense holding to handle the touchdown to LA... At this point just call Arizona next champion. At least make Kupp the MVP cause a 2-INT QB doesn't deserve that

Literally thought the same thing. As soon as it was called I was like, yep the league clearly wants LA to win. What a joke. The older I get the more I’m convinced the winners are chosen before the games are played. I think I’m done with football after 25 years.

Bengals move to 0/3 in Superbowl's, losing late to the Rams, so many flags late , 1 hold wasn't there rest were all there but strange it was clean game till late and Kupp just showed how good he is, he has to be the MVP.

Will the Bengals get back to the big game again?

Edited by Conker

1 hour ago, Zio_Sam87 said:

Wow, no flags all game and a nonsense holding to handle the touchdown to LA... At this point just call Arizona next champion. At least make Kupp the MVP cause a 2-INT QB doesn't deserve that

Officiating is ruining the game, both teams essentially had 7 handed to them by incompetent refs. 

It seemed like a given that the Bengals trash O-line was gonna be their downfall and that ended up being the story.  Looked like every other play in the 2nd half Burrow was getting swallowed up.  If they can't, or won't do something about that Burrow's not gonna last long (I'm a Seahawks fan whose been watching terrible O-line play sink a SB caliber team for years so we feel your pain Cinci).  And as much as I respect Donald and Kupp (I'd say Stafford but he's too erratic, it just got compensated for by a roster of superstar mercenaries) it still makes me wanna puke that all 3 L.A. teams have recently gone out and bought a championship now.  Not as much as knowing that POS owner of theirs was rewarded for his scumbaggery but a little more than seeing OBJ get a ring for acting like an entitled ass.  God I hate that team.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Wish this was true. They're making Mahomes and all Chiefs fans look bad. And worse, he's in total denial about it.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10027424-report-patrick-mahomes-didnt-ban-brother-fiancee-from-chiefs-games-despite-rumor

Mahomes is a big boy, he can easily make a statement letting people know that his brother and fiancee are grown ass adults who are gonna do their own thing and either tell people to get over it or he's not on board with their bullshit.  Anyone out there who's married (especially to a personality type like hers) knows that trying to "ban" them would be the worst idea ever.  The other easy solution... ignore them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Wish this was true. They're making Mahomes and all Chiefs fans look bad. And worse, he's in total denial about it.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10027424-report-patrick-mahomes-didnt-ban-brother-fiancee-from-chiefs-games-despite-rumor

Patrick’s brother is in the running for America’s Biggest Douche. And I don’t (and won’t) do TikTok. 

Heard another question posed on the radio today that I thought was interesting enough to repeat here.  If you could take any one player, from any team and relocate them to anywhere but "your" team what would you do (this question is posed in a scenario where things are exactly as they are, e.g. Rodgers is still a Packer)?

For example, I'm a Seattle fan, which means no one can be added to the Seahawks.  That being said, I'd take Aaron Donald and put him on the Bears.  Initially my thought was to instead stick him on an irrelevant AFC team to not only get him outta the division but out of the whole freakin' conference, but It's just too tempting to potentially see Donald and Mack team up to torture Rodgers as often as possible, win-win.

16 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

Heard another question posed on the radio today that I thought was interesting enough to repeat here.  If you could take any one player, from any team and relocate them to anywhere but "your" team what would you do (this question is posed in a scenario where things are exactly as they are, e.g. Rodgers is still a Packer)?

For example, I'm a Seattle fan, which means no one can be added to the Seahawks.  That being said, I'd take Aaron Donald and put him on the Bears.  Initially my thought was to instead stick him on an irrelevant AFC team to not only get him outta the division but out of the whole freakin' conference, but It's just too tempting to potentially see Donald and Mack team up to torture Rodgers as often as possible, win-win.

I would send Aaron Rodgers to the XFL. Off the field, he is absolutely insufferable, and he has already started his self-promoted All About Aaron campaign for 2022 (and it’s only February).

But to answer honestly, I would banish Akiem Hicks to the AFC. He just destroys the Vikings interior line every time we play them and even double teams don’t stop him. Kenny Clark on the Packers has a similar M.O. But maybe send Hicks to Saints to team up with Cam Jordan and those two would have multiple sack lunches on Cam Newton twice a year, Of course, Newton might be off to the XFL at this point. 

• 2 weeks later...

After all that bitching and moaning, Rodgers agreed to a 4 year, $200 million extension. On an annual basis, he makes more than Mahomes. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/aaron-rodgers-packers-agree-to-terms-on-four-year-200m-deal

Money talks, bullshit walks.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

After all that bitching and moaning, Rodgers agreed to a 4 year, $200 million extension. On an annual basis, he makes more than Mahomes. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/aaron-rodgers-packers-agree-to-terms-on-four-year-200m-deal

Money talks, bullshit walks.

Wow. That's a LOT of money. I had thought the Packers might let him walk, particularly after yet another lackluster playoff run. I guess the idea of him going elsewhere and winning a SB was too much to bear. 

Sad to see him go but it's not like Seattle has been able to do anything with him in a while.  Since losing the SB to New England I think they've gone past the wild card round three times?  Which sound impressive until you look deeper.  They beat the Vikings when Minnesota's kicker missed a chip-shot game winner (who they then signed so he could miss kick after kick the following year), then they beat Detroit, and finally what was left of the Eagles in 2019, not that impressive.  I'd rather see him go fight it out against Mahomes and Herbert twice a year than see him spend the rest of his career laying under Donald and Jones.  However, Seattle. Got. Fleeced!!

7 hours ago, djb5f said:

AFC West got interesting.  Hard to know if Russ has much left.  I still like the Chiefs and Chargers going forward.

The better question is just how much Denver can put around Russell Wilson.  They weren't a wonderful team to begin with, they just gave up a ton of high picks that could have been used to build a more competititve roster, and they gave up two starters on top of that.

In that division?  Russell Wilson alone isn't going to elevate them much.  I don't believe they're better than Kansas City, I don't believe they're better than San DIego Los Angeles, and I'm skeptical that they're going to be better than Oakland Las Vegas.

Seattle may be hitting the reset button here as they transition to whatever, but at least they've given themselves something to try and draft to build with after giving away picks for an overrated Jamal Adams.

13 hours ago, acasser said:

The better question is just how much Denver can put around Russell Wilson.  They weren't a wonderful team to begin with, they just gave up a ton of high picks that could have been used to build a more competititve roster, and they gave up two starters on top of that.

I just looked up that trade. Wow! It's been a while since I've seen a trade like that (NFL generally values picks like gold).

20 hours ago, skidmarkgn said:

However, Seattle. Got. Fleeced!!

Maybe, if Denver goes deep in the playoffs, but that division is murder. It might yield a lot of top-quality young talent for Seattle. People thought the Herschel Walker trade for Dallas was bad at first, after all.